12ozProphet Roll Call - Who’s still missing but wish they weren’t?

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 4/4/2024 at 11:54 PM, Mauler5150 said:

You still playing Street Fighter man? You were a beast back in the day.

Good to see you on here mang.

I'm still playing Street Fighter. I actually imported a machine a couple of years ago from Japan, sitting next to my desk. I've been working remotely for the past 7 years so getting in lots of gaming in between actually working.

IMG_7735.jpg

• Like 1
  • Props 14

so how are we doing as a website btw, like are we on the verge of making a comeback? I feel like ig massacred things but now there's definitely a feeling that IG doesn't fit a certain niche, unfortunately yungns that's probably the go to for them starting off graff where as back in the day 12 oz was, then bombing science. 

• Like 6
  • Truth 2

38 minutes ago, freakeenyc said:

so how are we doing as a website btw, like are we on the verge of making a comeback? I feel like ig massacred things but now there's definitely a feeling that IG doesn't fit a certain niche, unfortunately yungns that's probably the go to for them starting off graff where as back in the day 12 oz was, then bombing science. 

There's bits and pieces of news scattered throughout various treads. You can read up on a lot of it in the social media thread here and maybe the rebirth of 12oz thread here. Long story short, is I finally have business on its way to be being stabilized with 12ozCollective Screenprinting Facility, which will provide a massive strategic advantage when leveraged effectively. I've been hearing from a lot of people, including many that went all in on social media, that shit sucks and is dying so I think the time is finally right to present an alternative to it, especially niche communities like this one. We have a beta mobile app for the forum now and we have probably the biggest upgrade ever happening within the next couple weeks that will pave the way for an official mobile app I'm hoping to release this summer.

In the meantime, we're using this thread to '@' key users since things are indeed picking up. Further back in this thread I posted we almost broke 1.2 million views in the last month and most of those were in the last week, which is pretty insane to me. I do feel like we're very close to hitting critical mass and this placing feeling like constant movement, traffic and posts and I'm doing all I can to also work with a lot of the OG members also in this thread to spread the news and get people logging back in. I suspect it won't be much longer before it reaches that tipping point where it builds on its own momentum.

Hope you'll stop by regularly and post as well as hope us spread the news.

• Like 2
  • Props 2

3 hours ago, freakeenyc said:

We are definitely doing better than when the forum clock was broken and the time when logging in was impossible.

We have had a solid group of regulars making an effort the past couple of years (or longer?). Low user #’s compared to the heyday, but I feel like a lot of good perspectives and senses of humor are still coming together here. I definitely enjoy it even it just stays how it is right now.

100% feel the launch of the app will make a difference to user #s.

• Like 3

The numbers don't lie. This is the highest traffic levels we've seen in almost a decade when it all fell apart.

And agreed, it's been pretty cool. I am looking forward to seeing enough traffic and posting that sections take on a life of their own. Some of these threads were like forums unto themselves. Pretty sure we'll see that again and not for nothing, but as big as some of these subcultures have gotten... Graffiti / street art / street wear / etc, it could conceivably be even bigger than before. There's far more people into those niches and subcultures than there ever was and currently, the only outlet is Instagram and Twitter. Instagram is clearly dying. They can't even hide that fact with the algorithm fuckery anymore. Twitter is outs thing and not really a very good platform for the the type of conversation we have on the forum.

It'll take a bunch of hardworking and investment and perhaps luck, but not nearly as much luck as a few years ago when people were still advocating and defending Instagram. Shit sucks and pretty much everyone agrees at this point. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, freakeenyc said:

haha man I got the oontz itch again, I'm just trying to brainstorm ways to #make12ozgreatagain

Easy! You just have to be here. Your presence lifts our spirits.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

On 4/7/2024 at 9:22 PM, SpyD said:

I'm still playing Street Fighter. I actually imported a machine a couple of years ago from Japan, sitting next to my desk. I've been working remotely for the past 7 years so getting in lots of gaming in between actually working.

IMG_7735.jpg

Just epic.

You are doing life right it seems. Good to see you back on here.

• Truth 1

On 4/7/2024 at 1:35 PM, freakeenyc said:

haha man I got the oontz itch again, I'm just trying to brainstorm ways to #make12ozgreatagain

Personal opinion: content, original content, and/or exclusive content.  If you don't want to give up social media, take something and post it here first and then add it to social in a few days.  Saying that for everyone.

Game should never have been put in the hands of social media giants.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

On 3/29/2024 at 4:25 AM, bodice_ripper said:

Goddamn this makes me miss using a desktop 

you can still use a desktop,

I have been working on using my phone less and desktop more and its so satisfying

( mainly to feign productivity and justify buying a mechanical keyboard )

• Like 1

Just now, +plus+ said:

( mainly to feign productivity and justify buying a mechanical keyboard )

I have been looking at mechanicals but I haven't pulled the trigger because I am lost on what is good and isn't.  

What did you get, any recommendations?

6 minutes ago, ndv said:

I have been looking at mechanicals but I haven't pulled the trigger because I am lost on what is good and isn't.  

What did you get, any recommendations?

Keychron is a good brand to start, or you can follow my advice and get this cheapo from aliexpress and see it in 3 weeks

• Like 1

Here is my current events, haven't painted since 2018?

moved to houston 2014

worked as graphic design intern

worked at a bong store 2 years

failed out of school again

got temp job stocking sodas and mail at office

mfw compliance person quits and I take over their role right before covid

then covid hits im secretary, compliance and HR making peanuts since everyone got laid off

company acquired, laid off, new job last spring back office grunt

back in school still to for a fucking communications degree just so i can not be auto rejected on resumes

UVBzasMgWpBatyPRT-xDLXlBZnZ0BOritiZDL_YLOKg.webp.35e74038a6e3cdf028150a2cfd627946.webp

bought some good hash from @corpseinarug

cot a DOPE cutting board from @CILONE/SK

sent a badass canvas down to @theprotesterwith a bunch of people that stayed in contact from here

Saw a @DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONERthrow in San Antonio 2016 in a skate ditch

@Boris The Butcherhas the most legitimate political takes on IG and some great photos

Also how the fuck can  Ifollow moto gp racing lol

Edited by +plus+
  • Like 7