12ozProphet Roll Call - Who’s still missing but wish they weren’t?

misteraven

• 3 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
16 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Still missing out on grdinnit and theo and freek and symbols and a whole bunch of other folks I can’t remember. 
Any of the photo hunt/photo nerds remember the young cat from like Mexico City? That kid had quality content and I wonder what he got into. 

Try and tag them. The forum triggers an email to them if you tag them on posts. 

• 4 months later...

Done some random shout outs here & there with decent results so here goes again, few names I recall looking through 12oz's back pages.  As before, don't know these peeps personally and hope they're still w/ us:

@nsmbfan

@IRON CHEF

@watson

@IOU

@earl broclo ESQ

@MedicineCabinet

@bornmad

@50million

@gasfacevictm

@massgraff

@CACashRefund

@!@#$%

@menaceIIsobriety

@injury

@CityonSMASH

@El Vergudo

@Allbad2

@H. Lecter

@Zed_Eastwood

@BOBBY DIGITAL

@=FANGS=

@IROCKHOES

@AbajoDeLaTierra

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Freshysnapper said:

I lurk, I bench. Nowadays I don’t take a ton of pics. Been seeing all these gems through the eyeglass of my camera for a long time and missing out on the in person experience of it all. 

6AC659F7-CB1B-40ED-BD9F-F4473E2FBD0F.jpeg

RR zen.  The smell of creosote, the squeal of flange!  

Glad to see that Servo.  

Glad you're lurking.  Log in here & there and bless the Metal Heads with a little something.  If you're posting on IG you can do it here (if you're not posting on IG even better).

• Props 1

9 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Yessir.  Called you and some of those others out to come back maybe more than once.  Seen you & your pink streak made it far beyond NoDak, you must have some pix.......

Well I certainly do have a lot of pics, but I'm not sure this format will take back off? It's a bit tedious to draft HTML just to show pics in 2020, no?

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

1 minute ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

You can insert pics directly in the post

no more need for an image hosting site

@NoDakFreightsYeah dude, you dont need to upload to an image host and use HTML tags. At least not for the last 10 or 15 years or so. On a computer you can just drag the images to the part of the comment window below where you type where it says "Drag files here to attach, or choose files...". If you're on a mobile, you just click the link in that sentence that says "choose files..." and you can attach from your phones photo library. Easy peasy...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Forgot to add, all meta data is scrubbed from any file posted on oontz

Indeed, only exception being photo orientation data so it posts the way its supposed to since phones actually auto orient to portrait and use meta data to append info that the image was taken with your phone sideways.

Not that Instagram or Facebook bothers with any of that or preserving user privacy. In fact, they purposely collect and sell all that.

• Like 1
  • Props 2

On 8/14/2020 at 6:01 PM, NoDakFreights said:

Well I certainly do have a lot of pics, but I'm not sure this format will take back off? It's a bit tedious to draft HTML just to show pics in 2020, no?

I try to capture the best possible image of people's choo choos and other pics/vids that make you feel trackside.  If people view them I hope they like what they see and find what they need.  If they sleep on it, ignorance is bliss I suppose.  There's a lot of older members from here that I've called on over time w/ mixed results but we have some regulars and semi-regulars, and plenty of lurkers.    I don't social media so this is kind of it for me.  Many people are unhappy w/ social media these days so a site like 12oz that's been dedicated to our personal interests seems all the more appropriate.  I think if you post stuff and let people know they're going to visit and view it if they really love trains and like seeing their shit get caught.

Other than that, just drag & drop your pix like already said.  You can post larger pix and now you can also drag & drop short video clips in too.