12ozProphet Roll Call - Who’s still missing but wish they weren’t?

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3 hours ago, misteraven said:

Abracadabra, One Man Banned, GLIK$, Kr430n5_666, iloveboxcars, !@#$%, CACashRefund, MedicineCabinet, Pfffffffffft, Dirty_habiT, TheoHuxtable.., earmuffs, DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER, Some1, Milk Grenades, Dick Quickwood, Overtime, Weapon X, Smart, Gunm, KILZ FILLZ, replicant2009, Fist 666, STYLEISKING, Inappropriate_Responder, theprotester, IOU, IrishCarBombs, SwampFightOner, Mercer, injury, -Rage-, T.T Boy, fat ralphy, desism_ktc, MOOGLE?, Theo Huxtable., Oliver Clothesoff, Drue_Down, earl broclo ESQ, DETO, RIPS, Pistol, Swindle, Poop Man Bob, Gat Bush, MrChupacabra, shai, When, the_gooch, NightmareOnElmStreet, ~KRYLON2~, Mauler5150, misteraven, gasfacevictm, CILONE/SK, pissdrunkwhat?!, Decyferon, Intangible, Porcelain, Devilush, Ski Mask, fermentor666, SUR X3, john_gacy, RumPuncher, SukiSukiNow, casekonly, Realism, IRON CHEF, Dr. Dazzle, hatetown, Schnitzel, Spitfire15,asthma al, ^ . ^, YearzOne, ClueTwo, SystemFailure, count chocula, PurpleNerple, Seffiks, heavyLox, InnerCityRebel, watson, horse cock, Brickos, Harvey Wallbanger, screaming hand logo, StarzAbove, shameless self promotion, SteveAustin, ASER1NE, supreme79, MAR, WorldBench, LUGR

Tell you what... Some extra incentive... If anyone can get a name on this list that has not logged in as of the time of this post, to login... I’ll send you a handful of stickers and a card with some graffiti doodles by yours truly. 

Bumping this to page 13.

On 7/30/2019 at 6:04 PM, Fist 666 said:

Nevermind. I am blind and/or retarded.

Copypasta doesn't seem to initiate the same menu of names after an @ as typing it. 

I still have no clue what you're talking about. Can you please explain? DO you have her email or phone number or what contact detail is it?

45 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Where’s groundinnit??? Theo & moogle? Pretty sure i had em on the gram but they gon. 

Lot of people dropped off or are in process. Part of why I started this effort. If you can find them on your follow list, you can try and shoot over a DM and maybe trigger a notification.

There's exactly one week left now on the forum tee presale, so time to double down on the outreach if you can do it.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, WorldBench said:

I'm alive but don't come here often. How crazy this year marks 20 years of me being on this site ?

NICE! Pretty amazing to see people with accounts that old that are still coming through. We've literally been around since before MySpace and look shit now!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, misteraven said:

NICE! Pretty amazing to see people with accounts that old that are still coming through. We've literally been around since before MySpace and look shit now!

It is pretty awesome how long this site has been. Crazy when you realize it's older than smart phones, myspace, instagram, etc. This site has gone through so many changes, so many ups and downs.

15 minutes ago, WorldBench said:

It is pretty awesome how long this site has been. Crazy when you realize it's older than smart phones, myspace, instagram, etc. This site has gone through so many changes, so many ups and downs.

Indeed... Just sent you a coupon code since you were a day late on it.

Go read the social media thread... Its linked in the first post of this thread, but basically... Fuck Instagram. Bringing the conversations back to 12oz where they belong.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 8:47 AM, MitchThe$nitch said:

Did @drue_down reappear?

I did now.... I got roped in the via the t-shirt on IG.

4-5 years ago I got into a pissing contest with DAO, in the middle of it I realized I was being a drunk asshole myself - literally. This place became toxic for me and I was being a cunt. I woke up one morning and decided to just walk away & self-ban myself for a year.

For a whole year, I never  logged in, nor lurked, I never sought resolution to our battle, I just made a clean break.

When I returned one year later, it was a ghost town. I made a few posts, then disappeared again. I still follow a few dozen oontzers on IG, but I miss the witty banter and nonsense of the Ch.0

• Like 1

I remember that shitfight with DAO but I can't recall, was that when we had the steak challenge? I still have that sketch in a black book somewhere.

I actually respected you,@Drue_Downfor noticing when you were acting in a way unbecoming and for taking the action that you did. Most people have too much pride or aren't mature to do that. A while back I gave myself a 6 month ban from a forum that I've been modding for 15 years, but not before I did a bunch of damage though.

• 1 month later...

Starting to see a couple more names popping up occasionally. Have also had quite a few people DM the 12ozProphet instagram account asking for help recovering old accounts. Even occasionally see the OG mods pop in and post every once in a while. Actually seeing @b0bholding down a couple threads fairly regularly.

Been interesting to see all this unfold, especially the effect that the forum reunion tee had on creating some awareness. Personally I'm pretty happy to see the progress we've made. No doubt a couple of you remember where things were at a year or even two years ago when shit was a graveyard. At least now there's a dozen or so threads that are active enough to almost feel like the old 12oz. We broke a bunch of traffic records these last couple months and have also since upgraded the entire forum (with huge help from @Dirty_habiT). Seems that we're seeing a steady dozen people logged in pretty much throughout the day and the activity logs are showing an increasingly large number of users that are passing through weekly.

All this being said, I'm also seeing more and more people disgruntled on Instagram. It's obvious it'll take something significant for the masses to drop it entirely, but lots of articles out there talking about the decline they're seeing. Curious if any of you guys have any feedback on how we can step our efforts up with spreading awareness? I feel like I've been steady pounding in the message on Instagram that we're back and all OG user accounts are recoverable, but still amazed how often people drop a comment or send a DM that they're just finding out. Even with all the Instagram suppression, I'd figure I'd be flogging a dead horse with that message by now, but apparently not.

Anyhow, I'd project the tipping pint to be at roughly 3x where we're at right now. Once we see 36 - 50 or so members logged in 24/7, it means we're at several hundred active users. I'm sure it'll keep gradually building as we've seen, but would be nice if we could speed that process along a bit. Any ideas on what more can be done to that end?

Some things I thought of that might help...

• More forum specific type t-shirt releases so we have an excuse to hammer out the message.
  • Dialing in the digest emails or perhaps generating new dynamic scheduled emails from forum content, so it stays in front of people a bit.
  • Perhaps an email campaign specific to talking about the forum, its return, new features and just putting it out there. (By the way, I tried to run a scrubber program with the entire member database emails and after about a week of attempting to verify emails, it just crashed. No doubt most are dead, but also surprised by how many aren't)
  • More regular forum based Instagram posts as I've been doing. Also, could use more help with content.

Welcome more suggestions on the subject. 

• Like 2

I see a lot of YT influencers doing "giveaways".  To enter you have to comment/subscribe/whatever.  This usually bolsters their numbers up pretty high and that's basically "setting the hook".  Whatever they get paid in royalties comes out to be more than whatever item they gave away was.  I'd see if you could work with some friends like @Jokerto get some signed/painted krylon cans or something as a giveaway.  Writers would eat that up I bet and they'd be scrambling to "win" that product.  The painted model train cars is another option that comes to mind that would be worth more than a spray can.

Join the forum, post 10 pictures and log in every day for a week and you will be entered to win this one of a kind art work on this spray can.  It'd be super simple/easy/cheap to do something like that and I bet it would get some action.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

Not a terrible idea. I definitely notice more activity on the gram from you raven. Continue being active and explore your shit about promoting other nooks and cranny’s this place has to offer. People do love those giveaways I tell ya. I’ve reached out to all the people I knew off here but to gain new ones some form of incentive to sign up and actually participate would probably work. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

I like @Dirty_habiTs contest idea. I can donate some vintage cans accordingly. 

I don't think email campaigns work, but I could be wrong. I already get 30 plus emails a day that I just delete without reading, I don't know how anyone would get me to read them without "noodz" in the subject line.

I don't disagree. I'm largely the same way and we just recently dismissed the idea of running a trickle campaign for https://12ozcollective.com for that reason. Our stats on email campaigns for the shop is about 30 - 40% opens, sometimes as high as 60%. Not terrible and tons better than the under 1% 'likes' we get on Instagram. For the record, I do plan to redevelop the main 12oz site as soon as I can. It wont have a full news section, but will have a content section to allow for the occasional article and planning to put up some old highlights like collabs and stuff we've done (sort of a portfolio area), as well as new photosets and look book sets for the brand. I've also been exploring bringing a sort of variation on the blogs by maybe doing a weekly newsletter that is sort of a 'best of' for that week, both in regards to 12oz and what caught my eye. I'm signed up to a few email newsletters like The Hustle, which I think is an old format, but seems more relevant and effective to me these days than a lot of bullshit like social. Have a feeling, targeted tailored content like that will make a come back.

Anyhow, might be worth trying but yeah, unsolicited emails do kinda suck.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Not a terrible idea. I definitely notice more activity on the gram from you raven. Continue being active and explore your shit about promoting other nooks and cranny’s this place has to offer. People do love those giveaways I tell ya. I’ve reached out to all the people I knew off here but to gain new ones some form of incentive to sign up and actually participate would probably work. 

Yeah, hopefully I can get continued help with content and find time to keep that up. Wouldn't think contests would work so well, but I can try. Seems like there';s so many on IG that people never really win, that now they dont bother trying. Makes it tough to give stuff away if it's not a large volume of people participating, but will consider the options a bit and see what we can do.

• Like 1