12ozProphet Roll Call - Who’s still missing but wish they weren’t?

misteraven

Nice to see @abrasivesaint any time in here, I do encourage more.

Will add that those that are MIA are best left that way.  If you've been excommunicated from 12oz there's good reason and the cost of having that member outweighed the benefits.  Like Abrasivesaint, I saw some behavior from another of those people, arguing points knowing they had no evidence for them, abusing their mod "powers" and maybe being a bit too proud, being nice in saying that was a bad look for them and 12oz and I did not respect that individual after that.

Don't know why you would hide that area away, the problem was the people, not the area, and the Oontz has been a better place since their departure.

I stopped going to that area until very recently but I never saw Dhabz being so out of order as to lose my respect, plus dude posted graf/fr8s, good in my book.  

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The political shit does seem to spread to other parts of the forum with fools hating and negging - 

Its 2024 and most of us are in our better wiser stages on life, my .02 is to put on your big boy sack and realize that other people have different opinions. Arguing on the internet is for lames. 

We should be able to have a bit of political discourse without the wheels falling off.

• Like 1
  • Truth 3

4 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@26SidedCube

Also, you can't shut down politics. @misteravenIf you shut down politics then dhabz wins.

No, from what I remember he definitely loses.

But just don't be overboard with shutting it down. Like don't shut down any mention of somebody's name or what's going on, just shut down the political threads and arguments and shit.

Edited by DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

6 hours ago, DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER said:

But just don't be overboard with shutting it down. Like don't shut down any mention of somebody's name or what's going on, just shut down the political threads and arguments and shit.

Hah. It was meant to be tongue in cheek along the lines of " if we do such and such as a country the terrorists win."

• Truth 1

6 hours ago, DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER said:

Also, who's this Abrasive Saint guy? Newer cat or OG with a newer name?
And on that note, can I get a roll call of everyone with the newer names and what their old names were so I can know who's who that I should know?

I need to know who I'm arguing with and when to engage caps lock 😉

image.gif.08a82f89da90e8f2c66412029ffc80a9.gif

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 6

I just meant mostly shutting down all the bullshit I've got going on in News/Crossfire. It's impossible to stop people from exposing their perspectives, but I've kind of created some threads in there specifically for that kind of shit talk. I remember when I was a leftist, and more mainstream in my perspective. Your mind tends to go to the worst place when presented with perspectives you don't understand and sometimes you think people intentionally want to hurt others so it's kind of hard to be respectful. Quite frankly, most people have enough processing power to understand two perspectives, us & them. 

Besides, there isn't much engagement with it anyway now that were a little more on point and civil, and as I've said before, all the cool shit is more casual conversation & humor. I'd rather have a booming channel zero, than a place for a few of us nerds to have a giggle at politics that offends everyone else.

I'll probably just start a private group for all the authoritarian/government hate shit and let whoever in who likes that kind of stuff or likes dropping memes, debating etc. TBH I just use it for a depository for memes and stuff I like more than anything else. Again, I do think having the "political memes" thread, and the "extremist propoganda" thread probably isn't a good look if I'd rather have more people returning, and new users.

Also I agree with letting some people that are not on here anymore stay that way. Some people get in a habit of endless trolling of others, or they just get a kick out of pissing people off and nobody wants to waste their time here with that. It's an open forum, and It's kind of hard to contribute actual good content when you've got a hater taking whatever you've posted and using it as a constant supply of ammo against you. Having people like that on here might increase the posts & user count, but the childish teenage BS they're on also decreases the quality of content others are willing to share.

• Like 4
  • Truth 1

11 hours ago, DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER said:

bruh….you are advocating shutting down arguments?!?!

vast

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

9 hours ago, DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER said:

Also, who's this Abrasive Saint guy? Newer cat or OG with a newer name?
And on that note, can I get a roll call of everyone with the newer names and what their old names were so I can know who's who that I should know?

old guy, different name. 

• Like 2

So my daughter turns three this week what a trip. I'm eight years clean and sober (RIP POZ). And the stalwarts of the 445 thread stay connected daily through the magic of anonymous message services.

Just finishing up with a long hot summer on the west side of Australia 🦘

Dre on the hall of fame, Banksy about to be unmasked, and here I am posted up with my 12oz shirt on baking cookies and answering phone calls from private numbers.

Never forget the earlier days moderating an international graffiti forum on a dial up modem in the bush out back of nowhere in Australia.

Much love for the shout.

• Like 1
  • Props 2

We need @Dirty_habiT back. Dudes political discourse was so fun. It’s the internet so I never take it serious but I see why some people got upset over his actions. Just thought it was fun debating with him. I don’t agree with 99% of his views but he was a good dude. I used to talk to him off the app too. Political views don’t make or break someone in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Pause 1

26 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

We need @Dirty_habiT back. Dudes political discourse was so fun. It’s the internet so I never take it serious but I see why some people got upset over his actions. Just thought it was fun debating with him. I don’t agree with 99% of his views but he was a good dude. I used to talk to him off the app too. Political views don’t make or break someone in my opinion.

You want Dhabz back for his political discourse. 

I want Dhabz back to immediately call him a dolt and get banned again. 

We are not the same. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 2