12ozProphet Roll Call - Who’s still missing but wish they weren’t?

misteraven

1 hour ago, misteraven said:

Wonder what we can do to really get ahold of people? Tagging them should trigger an email but that only works if the email is valid. 

Feel like designing up a template we can use so I can post on Instagram to get people’s attention on there. Some sort of crowd sourced member finder. 

Any ideas?

This is the way - something people can DM to specific homies. Link in the post.

Revival type shit. 

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, IrishCarBombs said:

Haha maybe some names should have been left off

😂 

There are a few on there that are a bit sketch.

But it’s all so small….

DA74F95F-D5B7-4BEE-90EB-0821EF8D4555.gif.4a52774268d0dd3c7959a359d2480cdc.gif

Maybe in line at the grocery store someone might get the close up look.

I've been trying to remember this name for fucking ever and found from a legend's post (RIP Kevin, miss you dude!l

On 9/7/2009 at 5:55 AM, dowmagik said:

i would brag if i fucked boohead, i wont lie

it would be like fucking whoopie goldburg, nobody is gonna be like "ohh damn you lucky mother fucker"

but it would still be cool

@booheadzoohead

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

8 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

IDK.... can you ask for political discourse and discussion and then get mad that people have radically different views from your own?

I missed Dhabz' worst but did see some of the stuff around it.  I may not fully agree, but there were some truths in there too.  

Of all the former Oontzers has everyone narrowed it down to 2-3 missing people??

Dude doesn’t just have “different opinions “, he’s a fucking  scumbag. Imagine using your same argument for defending a Nazi skinhead who worships Adolf Hitler , and chalking it up to “I mean, I don’t agree with all of his opinions, but he’s a good guy and makes some valid points.”  🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LUGR said:

As @One Man Bannedhas proven, it is mind blowing the returns we have had from the simple @.

Beyond that, I think the App will be key to the crowd that is “forums are old fashioned” and then to keep pushing that. I have already noticed a couple of noobs showing up and posting some pics.

People are so habitual they will have to be open to breaking whatever their current “online social” habits are. There is a crew of OG users that shoot the shit on IG but for some reason don’t seem to want to give this place another chance. I assume bc they have made their own spot and been chopping it up there for years now. That’s cool and all and I have enjoyed being welcomed into their little corner of the internet, but I really wish they would come back through here to help with the collective effort to make 12oz great again.

We'll get there little by little. We're already seeing vast improvements as you and a few others have noticed. Equally important is to attract younger users like @Ray40 and others that can make up the new generation on here.

• Like 3
  • Truth 2

3 hours ago, LUGR said:

Lol @cubannipplecrisis

what a name

What a fucking hero.

If I were him, I assume gender, I'd chuckle at this lifetime crowning achievement on a semi regular basis.

I look back with regret in 7th grade typing class when we set up our very first email address on hotmail. I had the idea of hotmale@hotmail.com and my teacher (Stansbury, you bitch) said I couldn't.  That will haunt me til my grave. . .

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 4

@misteraven it's true, sometimes simply giving a mention to someone brings them back, if they still have that old email.  A lot of them do, I'd say I have around a 75% success rate with random mentions.  Toward that, I did find myself wondering if you're able to do some sort of all call kind of @allof12oz kind of thing.  Don't know if that's within your admin capabilities but might be one way of reaching the whole gang at once. 

For the people who have moved on to being only on social media platforms, in my mind a pretty plain/vague social media post like CH0 REMEMBERS with the web address but throw that out to a wide variety of graf related hashtags.

• Truth 2

2 hours ago, DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER said:

Dude doesn’t just have “different opinions “, he’s a fucking  scumbag. Imagine using your same argument for defending a Nazi skinhead who worships Adolf Hitler , and chalking it up to “I mean, I don’t agree with all of his opinions, but he’s a good guy and makes some valid points.”  🤦‍♂️

Again, I may have missed his worse moments.  Some of the things I did see him post on though, these may be new concepts for TX, but they reflect the greater history of America.  I'd also say that I'm able to understand another person and their views without necessarily agreeing with them.  I can also disagree with some people without condemning them completely.  I can also see how someone may be a complete piece of shit and yet still have strengths.  I can't agree with what Hitler did, but clearly, he was excellent at getting people to do unpleasant things, you can't argue that.  We love to paint people as black or white.  Sometimes that's warranted, sometimes not.  People hate to think about that, and I love to use Michael Jackson as an example.  He is without argument one of the most talented musicians ever, most people reading this have been affected or influenced by him at least once in some way.  And yet, as a father you know that you'd never, ever leave your son with him.  These are both truths.  

• Truth 1

1 hour ago, One Man Banned said:

@misteraven it's true, sometimes simply giving a mention to someone brings them back, if they still have that old email.  A lot of them do, I'd say I have around a 75% success rate with random mentions.  Toward that, I did find myself wondering if you're able to do some sort of all call kind of @allof12oz kind of thing.  Don't know if that's within your admin capabilities but might be one way of reaching the whole gang at once. 

For the people who have moved on to being only on social media platforms, in my mind a pretty plain/vague social media post like CH0 REMEMBERS with the web address but throw that out to a wide variety of graf related hashtags.

I can mass email the entire forum. Going to cause a shit ton of bounces though. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Again, I may have missed his worse moments.  Some of the things I did see him post on though, these may be new concepts for TX, but they reflect the greater history of America.  I'd also say that I'm able to understand another person and their views without necessarily agreeing with them.  I can also disagree with some people without condemning them completely.  I can also see how someone may be a complete piece of shit and yet still have strengths.  I can't agree with what Hitler did, but clearly, he was excellent at getting people to do unpleasant things, you can't argue that.  We love to paint people as black or white.  Sometimes that's warranted, sometimes not.  People hate to think about that, and I love to use Michael Jackson as an example.  He is without argument one of the most talented musicians ever, most people reading this have been affected or influenced by him at least once in some way.  And yet, as a father you know that you'd never, ever leave your son with him.  These are both truths.  

Dude…..he kept deleting the Dank Memes thread…..nuff said.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

38 minutes ago, misteraven said:

I can mass email the entire forum. Going to cause a shit ton of bounces though. 

Not sure an email is the same effect but who knows.  I like the mention in that they get an email saying someone mentioned you on 12oz but then they have to go to the site to know more.  Hey though, whatever works.

• Like 2

@Fist 666now that I know it’s active I’ll hang out here more. Everyone is just making reels on IG now. If there was an app I’d probably be on here a lot more. It’s weird using it on a phone, no iPhones in peak 12oz days. I’m sure plenty of people would come back. If they knew it was active. 

Edited by T.T Boy
  • Like 1
  • Truth 3
  • Props 3

10 hours ago, T.T Boy said:

@Fist 666now that I know it’s active I’ll hang out here more. Everyone is just making reels on IG now. If there was an app I’d probably be on here a lot more. It’s weird using it on a phone, no iPhones in peak 12oz days. I’m sure plenty of people would come back. If they knew it was active. 

We're mostly using the app now, it's in beta, but still pretty slick.

• Like 1

on the subject of social media i'll say this, i was pretty active on IG on both a graff account and personal account. it sucked so much of my life, theres something so fucking stale and retarded about doing a piece then posting it to social media. you slowly find yourself slipping into that level of washed where you're painting for the photo then timing it so it gets the most amount of exposure. then that mentality bleeds over into your personal life.

the gradualness of it all is really scary, i ended up dropping off the digital map and you know what? as cliche as it sounds i got happier. the constant overloading of information was obviously taking a subtle toll on me year after year. i much prefer coming to the internet when i want something instead of using it to kill time. now if a friend says something of mine was flicked its kind of a nice silly feeling instead of "yeah i know".

I had a handful of 12oz people on either account. i would talk to SKI MASK BORIS semi frequently.

also kind of crazy mero got a fucking tv show

• Like 3
  • Truth 3
  • Props 2