What did you ACCOMPLISH?

Dirty_habiT

I did a bunch of yard work over the weekend and we rebuilt our fire pit we have in our back yard. 

What did you get done recently, over the weekend, last week?  What kind of goals did you achieve or milestones did you reach?

Next on the list for me: building shelves that can support 1000lbs of weight.  I need to stack some transmissions to get them off the shop floor so I can squeeze another car into my storage space.  I have no idea how to build shelving.  I may buy something if I can find something that doesn't cost a small pile of large denomination bills.

• Like 4
  • Props 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I recovered my Binance acct

i wiped an old Smart TV we are giving to a friend

dumped an old mattress in a church parking lot under the cover of darkness

laundry and groceries

max ranked three LMGs in CoD

organized the apps on my phone

spoke w my mom On the phone for an hour for Mother’s Day 

pretty good Sunday tbh

• Like 5
  • Props 3

I did some long over due cleaning and organizing. I cleaned out my work van and got it organized by pulling out all of the tools I dont use often, cut the grass in the front yard, and the biggest cluster fuck I was able to tackle was cleaning out my garage/constuction fuck pile. 

• Like 6

I proofread/edited 75 pages of graffiti stories for an anthology my friend and I are compiling.

he's in europe I'm australia  In Australia we use English spelling of words like "Colour" and  "realise" but because the publishers in Europe use the american spelling much of the time so I had to change it all to American english.

Pain in the arse  ass

prepped house for the puppy.

• Like 6
  • LOL! 1

4 hours ago, stunt double said:

Brewed my second batch of beer, just dry hopped it... Learning how to brew at home by brewing from grain extracts; want to brew from grain one day, but just learning the basics now. 

Just dry hopped my AG amber yesterday with Ella and Amarillo.

Got drunk saturday night on my house ale.

• Like 2

Took Friday off. I've been quarantined at my girl's parents' place, and she has to go back to work on Monday. Even though her parents offered for me to still stay here, I'm gonna go back to the crib just because... I don't know. It's my space. Anyways, figured I'd get to Walmart right when it opened so I could stock up on supplies since I haven't been to my place since this quarantine started, and I had a whole lot of nothing. Almost $800, 2 cart loads of shit, and a few hours later, I think I'm pretty much set. The idea is so that I don't have to leave for another 2 months or so if I don't have to. Walmart was fine at 7am, but by 9 the place was a fucking zoo. They have all the aisles one-way to help social distancing, but of course nobody was respecting the one-way rules or the 6 feet of distance, so it was a fucking free-for-all. By the time I finished disinfecting all the groceries after I got home it was like 2pm.

Spent pretty much all day cooking on Sunday for Mother's Day. My mom lives 1500 miles away so I did a Skype session with them, and cooked with my girlfriend for her mom and grandma. Grilled salmon, garlic shrimp, bacon wrapped asparagus, rice, cookies, some ricotta cauliflower shit since her mom and sister are doing keto... keto empanadas, chorizo.

Ran both days this weekend, 2.5 miles each day. Other than that, didn't accomplish a whole lot of anything.

• Props 2

1 hour ago, stunt double said:

My first beer is still bottle conditioning, looking forward to cracking into them and sinking a few.

How did you get into brewing all grain @Hua Guofang? Seems a lot more rewarding, but much more in depth with a lot more variables...

Same way as you. Not sure what drove me years ago but did a bunch of kits and experimented. Had to take a break as living in a Beijing shoebox for a few years held me back. Returned home, started spending way too much on craft beer and decided to brew my own.

Ego won't let me be satisfied with shit bought in a can, so I learn how to do all grain and go from there. Lot's of failures, some I still don't understand why, but on a good track now of decent beers. Built a keezer and have a double batch, three vessel system in the brewery that I love tinkering with.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

Same way as you. Not sure what drove me years ago but did a bunch of kits and experimented. Had to take a break as living in a Beijing shoebox for a few years held me back. Returned home, started spending way too much on craft beer and decided to brew my own.

Ego won't let me be satisfied with shit bought in a can, so I learn how to do all grain and go from there. Lot's of failures, some I still don't understand why, but on a good track now of decent beers. Built a keezer and have a double batch, three vessel system in the brewery that I love tinkering with.

Lol, so now I'm wondering what you would say if you canned your own beer and then drank IT out of a can.  😄

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, MitchThe$nitch said:

Never used or had an impact driver - those are game changers. I’ll post progress pictures/failures. 

No bullshit, even a small impact driver is night/day difference for running screws into whatever depth you want.  Of course you have to use stuff like deckmates or the square/star bit screws that won't strip the heads..... but yeah right into the wood like butter.

I've been wanting a shed for a while now so I can move some things out of my one car garage at this duplex.  But..... I don't really want to spend a lot of time/effort/money on improving a place I'm renting..... which is crazy given the story above about improving the gardens in the apartments.

• Like 3
  • Truth 2