What did you ACCOMPLISH?

Dirty_habiT

11 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

Can i ask what  a thirst trap is?

some shit  I don’t need to be doing at this point in life but on the other hand I am requiring a lil more attention and adoration than I am currently receiving. Im tryna have some company 

• Like 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, SMdoubleXL said:

some shit  I don’t need to be doing at this point in life but on the other hand I am requiring a lil more attention and adoration than I am currently receiving. Im tryna have some company 

you're a honey pot, if that's the case

thirst trap, i believe, has a negative connotation

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

Built a new bedframe and rearranged some shit. 

started recovery process for CoinBase finally

looks like the problem I was having was browser incompatibility. Apparently Brave Browser isn’t comparable with the CoinBase browser site. Who woulda thunk it 🤔

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 8:47 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

Built a new bedframe and rearranged some shit. 

started recovery process for CoinBase finally

looks like the problem I was having was browser incompatibility. Apparently Brave Browser isn’t comparable with the CoinBase browser site. Who woulda thunk it 🤔

fuck this thread. but also, wtf happened to you coinbase login? I basically waited damn near a year before figuring out my pw and re-gaining access. and mega props for the bed frame.....pics or gtfo though. that's dope. been on the horizon for a while now even though I don't know shit about building anything. but I can paint the shit out of it doe. 

• LOL! 1

@KILZ FILLZbrave browser blocks all Javascript by default. You have to click the brave browser logo right next to the address bar to allow it. Most websites like that won't work in the fully safe/blocked javascript mode. I use brave on Coinbase all the time.

1711784055_ScreenShot2020-05-16at7_14_18PM.png.cf003e8f9f4bb2e0b9f564d9ec6d30a3.png

It's that grayed out lion face after "what-... |"

If the face is in color you're blocking scripts on the site, if it's gray, you're allowing them.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1
  • Props 1

man I thought I was gonna be productive and reach enlightenment and edit though thousands of photos. then I realized fuck that I dont want to do shit. Typically I work 50 hours a week and this has been the closest thing to summer vacation since I was in high school.

overall Ive lost weight without hitting the gym or even going for a run. Ive lost all my gains I made when I was hitting the gym and I havent gone running at all but I figure once life gets some what back on schedule Ill just go back to being productive

• Like 1

Got my little girl playing with other kids as our lockdown is easing.

She freaked out at first, her little spot on the floor with all her toys and stuff all of a sudden had a bunch of strangers up in it. After she warmed up, one of the other little girls was trying to be nice, passing her a toy and belted her in the face with it. Other than that, it was awesome. She now gets that there are others that she will interact with, not just mum, dad and grandma.

Day before we went out on a picnic. As I said, our lives are starting to return to normal now and there's no known cases in our state. However, I know a spot where no one else goes, looking over a lake and across the mountains. I hand-feed birds there and know the place pretty well. So it was a great spot for little pumpkin head to craw around, check out the wildlife and look at nice things.

Has me fucked. I was never one for marrying or kids, but I hit my mid 30s and realised that it was either get with the program or be the dude who's rarely invited to things and spend the holidays by himself because everyone else has family. That was a recipe for an early death via liver cancer. Now, I can't believe how much I love this shit, even committing all the time that usually would have been my own, to the family gives a strong sense of self worth. I do worry that I've brought a child into a fucked up world, but my goal is to make the world a better place than I found it. And if I replace myself with some one that is positive, capable and virtuous then I've achieved my aim. Having a family really is fulfilling.

• Like 2
  • Props 4

That was an awesome post @Hua Guofang.  I have watched a lot of my friends have kids and "grow up" very quickly afterwards.  I think it does good things to most people.  I'm going to be 38 this year and I don't have any kids yet.  It makes me feel like my time is running out to parent a child properly but I also have all these requirements in my head.... like I have to own something.  I don't want a kid while renting a duplex.  I just feel like the expense of a child right now would severely  get in the way of buying land.  Maybe I'm being selfish.... I dunno.  I like other peoples' kids, they're wild to watch and the shit they say is hilarious most of the time.  Anyway.....

I got some shit accomplished.

Remember the heavy duty racks I wanted to get?  I got them this morning and moved them to my shop this afternoon where my dad helped me unload them.  The racks did not have any grating or shelving on them so I had to cut some wood to make shelving.  It came out good and I will definitely share pictures when it's done.  Here's the picture from the post on craigslist where I bought it today:

heavy_rack.jpg

This is fucking beast.  It takes 16 sections of 2"x6" board to fill one shelf.  I got 13 boards today done.  I need to buy 34 8' sections of 2"x6" to finish the rest.  It's going to hold ALL of my car shit that I've accumulated over the years that is currently kinda stacked haphazardly around the shop.  The 9-10 spare transmissions I have take up a lot of floor space and now they're going to go onto the racks.

I guess I also "accomplished" spending some money on a circular saw since I didn't already have one.

• Like 2
  • Props 4

@Dirty_habiTI was 48 and three days when my little girl was born. Would I have been ready much before I was around this age? No, I would not and I was living in part of the world that I would not force on a new child. But have I missed out on a lot because of having a kid so late? Yes. My body is starting to crap out, so by the time she's into mountain bike riding, or whatever she does, I won't be able to do it with her, and all of that kind of stuff. It's also a serious likelihood that I'll not meet my grandkids.

But, whaddayado? Life is what it is and we all have very different requirements and we just gotta go with what you think is best. You're obviously a thinker and don't seem like the kind of bloke to take responsibility lightly. I'm sure that you'll make the right decision for yourself and your family, whatever that decision ends up being.

BTW, great shelving system. I have some similar stuff and it's solid. I wish all of my shelving was like that, instead I wasted money buying cheaper shit and I barely trust it to hold minimal weight.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

**fixed, with photo contribution because top of the page sappy nonsense didn't seem like much of a accomplishment

Broke a lace. Pretty huge accomplishment for a old head like myself. Means the shredding was productive like a mf.

IMG_7246.thumb.JPG.10dca24991fc80285935f3d6c0e473e1.JPG

@Dirty_habiT

you have even the slightest interest in having kids, don't trip on the standard not in the place you wanna be shit. I am apparently having another one this fall. I wanted nothing to do with having children and I damn sure still don't co-sign the whole "I couldn't picture life without him/her" or "he/shes the greatest thing to ever happen to me." But. There is something about the levels of love that come along with this shit that kind of doesn't compare to anything else at all whatsoever and that's cool. My pull out game just kind of failed one day and with a chick I had zero interest in being with but I did the "Responsible respectable" thing and 6 years later I have 3 nights and her mom has 4. We live a fine comfortable life and not shit has changed. My approach differs from a fuckload of other parents and finding people on my level is next to impossible at least in my circles but it's just not terrible at the end of the day. Kids don't suck the entire universe out of your ass. They just annoy the ever living fuck out of you and it's hilarious and awesome. 

Edited by NightmareOnElmStreet
  • Like 5
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

2 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

@Dirty_habiTI was 48 and three days when my little girl was born. Would I have been ready much before I was around this age? No, I would not and I was living in part of the world that I would not force on a new child. But have I missed out on a lot because of having a kid so late? Yes. My body is starting to crap out, so by the time she's into mountain bike riding, or whatever she does, I won't be able to do it with her, and all of that kind of stuff. It's also a serious likelihood that I'll not meet my grandkids.

But, whaddayado? Life is what it is and we all have very different requirements and we just gotta go with what you think is best. You're obviously a thinker and don't seem like the kind of bloke to take responsibility lightly. I'm sure that you'll make the right decision for yourself and your family, whatever that decision ends up being.

BTW, great shelving system. I have some similar stuff and it's solid. I wish all of my shelving was like that, instead I wasted money buying cheaper shit and I barely trust it to hold minimal weight.

I hear you on being older - I'll be almost 60 at my son's 21st and almost 63 at my daughter. 

My wife was 39 when our first came and she really struggled - she was 10 years older than most of the women in the mum's group and as such not so concerned with being a yummy mummy which meant she got isolated from the group pretty fast.

All of her friends that had had kids had them years earlier and it's one thing both she and I struggled like hell with was that everybody else's kids appeared to be growing up 

so fast while ours were growing up so slowly. But while I painting world wide my mate was at home with screaming toddlers which I never saw.

3 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

Now, I can't believe how much I love this shit, even committing all the time that usually would have been my own, to the family gives a strong sense of self worth. I do worry that I've brought a child into a fucked up world, but my goal is to make the world a better place than I found it. And if I replace myself with some one that is positive, capable and virtuous then I've achieved my aim. Having a family really is fulfilling.

This.

11 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Kids don't suck the entire universe out of your ass. They just annoy the ever living fuck out of you and it's hilarious and awesome. 

Ive been trying to write something but this captures it succinctly!

P.S as a male over the age of 40 I can appreciate that shelving system even if I'd have no use for it.put boards on back for when you're dying to paint and you have a boring mini wall that might scratch the itch sometime.

I got a dog

Edited by Schnitzel
forgot the shelves
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

Thank you @NightmareOnElmStreet, that made me have a good chuckle.... about the kids.  I should get out and ride my BMX bike more because my lack of physical activity is starting to show.  I fucked up and missed the deadline for open enrollment so I don't have health insurance this year.  I picked a great year to do that dumb shit btw........ so anyway, I have to be extra careful to not fuck myself up in any way because out of pocket expense will put a fuckin crater in anyone's bank account.

I think the main requirement for me right now is to just get into a house and least get on mortgage payments.  I think after that is done then it will be time and that isn't too far in the future.  We're saving now and paying debt off.  Surprisingly it's been easier since this shelter in place order because I've been saving a lot of money on not driving my truck to and from work, not eating lunch out, not eating much of anything out, and just generally not being motivated to go out and spend money anywhere.  I've already weened myself off of purchasing online for the most part before any of this went down..... so this corona virus thing has done good things for Dirty's finances.

• Like 3

co-sign on the saving money trip. I deliberately stayed away from online purchases other than books so when we come out the other side of this, we'll have some resources to enjoy - turn a negative into a positive type thing.

@Schnitzelobviously, I'm much older than new dads but my wife is also considerably younger than me (*nods smugly), but she's still older than the yummy mummy crowd. Fortunately, the mother's group here had a relatively higher average age and it was the younger, more superficial mums who didn't stick around. Pity for your missus though, as that group really has been a great resource.

I was able to watch all my friends that now have kids at 21 and to learn from their experiences. I'm really glad that I didnt' have kids sooner, I would have just fucked it up.

• Props 2

15 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Maybe I'm being selfish.... I dunno. 

I'll be 39 in another 2 months and am kid free. I settled years ago that not having kids is probably for the best. My wife doesnt want kids either. We enjoy a level of freedom to do as we please. Plus my wifes sister has plenty of kids. She has a set of twins and triplets and another one. We're both scared that a pregnancy might result in a litter of children. Plus we're both selfish,  admittedly, and we dont want to be put into a situation where we end up resenting our children or each other. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

4 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Milf?

That would be it. But usually the 20 somethings that are still into being glamours and talking about themselves.

The ones in our mothers classes (fuck you, I went to mothers' classes) were fucking airheads and nobody wanted to listen to them.

• LOL! 2