What did you ACCOMPLISH?

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
4 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

But why tho? You are Lord Casek, god of the computer world and internets? Show me how to get on the dark web so I can find myself a good tax guy. 

Because  1) I feel a little bad, 2) I have to act professionally, and 3) All of the features are in the legit versions. Who knew?!?!?!? 

I don't go on the Dark Web and neither should you. It's 70% LE and IC. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Yeah I've not been on the darkweb in my entire computer "career" except I think i tried to get on onion sites one time.... but gave up because I was like fuck this nerd shit.

Speaking of nerd 🤓  I stumbled accross a phreaking site which I found pretty interesting on its history and how some dude used a captain crunch cereal box wistle to make free calls on pay phones. 

I'll see if I can find the site and share.  

• Like 1
  • Props 1

43 minutes ago, ndv said:

Speaking of nerd 🤓  I stumbled accross a phreaking site which I found pretty interesting on its history and how some dude used a captain crunch cereal box wistle to make free calls on pay phones. 

I'll see if I can find the site and share.  

DHabz is an old phreaker. I think he used to build rainbow boxes (if memory serves). 

I used to phone phreak, too. I never did build a box, though. 

• Like 2

I never phreaked but find the old tech fascinating.  I was just amazed by the who covered the holes to the wistle to produce the 2100mhz that he stumbled across to get free calls.  

But it had me thinking what frequencies can do.   I guess the R.E.M. song Whats the frequency, kenneth? Has some deeper meaning. 

• Like 3

There are a few professional Hitman services if you're in the market for knocking off the IRS.  But its probably gonna cost more than the taxes you'll owe at the end of the year.  But then again its all anonymous.  And BTC is the only currency.  

...thumbing trough my dark web roll-o-dex

Message if ya need me. Lol. 

49 minutes ago, ndv said:

There are a few professional Hitman services if you're in the market for knocking off the IRS.  But its probably gonna cost more than the taxes you'll owe at the end of the year.  But then again its all anonymous.  And BTC is the only currency.  

...thumbing trough my dark web roll-o-dex

Message if ya need me. Lol. 

Oh you’ll be hearing from me soon, sir. 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, ndv said:

I never phreaked but find the old tech fascinating.  I was just amazed by the who covered the holes to the wistle to produce the 2100mhz that he stumbled across to get free calls.  

But it had me thinking what frequencies can do.   I guess the R.E.M. song Whats the frequency, kenneth? Has some deeper meaning. 

Yep. Some of those guys back in the Mitnick days were absolutely amazing.

• Truth 1

A few weeks ago I set out to pick up litter in my neighborhood with the goal of getting my block both sides of the street less and except that part which lands west of the centerline of the westerly street and in addition the easterly street extended to where I jump on the highway.

I have covered that ground by doing about a half hour after work every other workday, now it is a question of maintenance and territory, should I work to keep the block tip top or expand my reach.

Driving into my block is much more pleasant now. 

• Like 2
  • Props 4

14 hours ago, lord_casek said:

DHabz is an old phreaker. I think he used to build rainbow boxes (if memory serves). 

I used to phone phreak, too. I never did build a box, though.

Haha, that's being a bit gracious.  I dabbled a bit more than the normal computer person would have.  Man, I guess I kinda fit the bill although I was never into it to the point of building electronics to mess w/ the POTS.... or at least not back then anyway.  I'd be more interested in it now but there's no point in doing anything related to that phone system anymore (landline/payphone).

When I was in elementary school, in the hood of San Antonio, somehow, through kid-tribal-knowledge we learned how to do things w/ payphones.  This would have been in the early 90s.  We could make long distance calls and any call for free from a payphone using a certain sequence of digits.  I have no idea where the knowledge came from or how kids my age got ahold of it.  You could also make the pay phone ring as if someone were calling it by dialing a certain sequence and then waiting for a tone and then hanging up.  Some automated system would call the payphone back and then just beep in whoever's ear.  This was before cell phones so people walking by the grocery store phone would always stop, turn back, and answer it, then hang up after a couple of seconds walking off looking confused.  We'd hang out on our bmx bikes at the local corner stores or supermarkets and sometimes do this all day in our free time.

edit: also @ndv@lord_casek2600hz -- that's where 2600 Magazine got it's name from.  They still display pictures of payphones on their back cover on every issue to this day.  https://www.2600.com/

• Props 3

7 hours ago, morton said:

A few weeks ago I set out to pick up litter in my neighborhood with the goal of getting my block both sides of the street less and except that part which lands west of the centerline of the westerly street and in addition the easterly street extended to where I jump on the highway.

I have covered that ground by doing about a half hour after work every other workday, now it is a question of maintenance and territory, should I work to keep the block tip top or expand my reach.

I think that if you keep your block clean others around your area will start to see your hard work and want their areas clean. 

Thank you for doing this. I wish everyone would dedicated their time to keeping their neighborhoods and cities clean. 

• Truth 2

2 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Haha, that's being a bit gracious.  I dabbled a bit more than the normal computer person would have.  Man, I guess I kinda fit the bill although I was never into it to the point of building electronics to mess w/ the POTS.... or at least not back then anyway.  I'd be more interested in it now but there's no point in doing anything related to that phone system anymore (landline/payphone).

When I was in elementary school, in the hood of San Antonio, somehow, through kid-tribal-knowledge we learned how to do things w/ payphones.  This would have been in the early 90s.  We could make long distance calls and any call for free from a payphone using a certain sequence of digits.  I have no idea where the knowledge came from or how kids my age got ahold of it.  You could also make the pay phone ring as if someone were calling it by dialing a certain sequence and then waiting for a tone and then hanging up.  Some automated system would call the payphone back and then just beep in whoever's ear.  This was before cell phones so people walking by the grocery store phone would always stop, turn back, and answer it, then hang up after a couple of seconds walking off looking confused.  We'd hang out on our bmx bikes at the local corner stores or supermarkets and sometimes do this all day in our free time.

edit: also @ndv@lord_casek2600hz -- that's where 2600 Magazine got it's name from.  They still display pictures of payphones on their back cover on every issue to this day.  https://www.2600.com/

2600 was an old favorite. Used to love finding it in a bookstore. I probably have a couple of issues packed up somewhere. 

• Like 1

Yea, I am leaning toward keeping the area small.

Get too much reach and it will multiply the complexity, having to fill bags and go back after to pick em up etc.  

It is some sort of regional trip, back in Seattle you would get yelled at if someone saw you straight throw a empty fast food meal from the window of your car, here it is pretty typical.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, morton said:

Some inspirational ass shit right here. Providence has some of the worst litter problems I have ever seen. In specific neighborhoods of course. My block is kind of a hybrid of what used to be hood and still is but now paired with a lot of rich folks. Surprisingly, it’s still pretty dirty even though half the block has chickens and walk around the neighborhood bare foot with Patagonia gear on. I have thought of playing clean up a lot just haven’t but the bullet. 

• Like 5
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I have thought of playing clean up a lot just haven’t but the bullet. 

My thoughts on getting started, although I am still new

-Get a grabber for sure, the one I got was like ten bucks on amazon

-Wear work clothes

-Do not allow any resentment of the litterbug to pollute your mind, just focus on the positive outcome of your actions

-It can lead to compulsion, I limit that by only doing one or two rounds with a five gallon bucket and a trash bag, a person could roll with a big ass bag and hoop type approach but I do not want to get sucked into like hours of it

-Dead animals, diapers, needles and nasty shit like that stay where they lie. I am not getting hazard pay for this 

-Back of walk to back of walk, I never go outside of the right of way

It is kind of satisfying, reminds me a little of writing when you roll down the block and see it looking different because of your work. It is also almost totally pointless in the same way, just like the buff is going to get ya, the litterbugs are going to keep on trashing the place.

Edited by morton
added the grabber source
  • Like 3
  • Props 2

^^^

Inspirational - might take a spin round my block as well.

I'm always on litter removal at the beach

take away at least 2 pieces each time beyond my own and make the kids grab some as well.

Littering is quite a non issue in my area but when I lived in London it was amazing the amount of litter people threw.

Watched a guy buy a big family size apple pie. He sat on the park bench took one spoonful then decided he didn't like it and flung at the bin next to the bench. he could have just taken one step and dropped it in but he missed and it was on the ground. I was gonna say something but then he greeted me with a cheerful "heil hitler" and I realised he was the neighbourhood loony and backed the fuck off.

• Like 3
  • LOL! 2

• I stopped consuming alcohol.
  • Landed an office job that allowed me to afford a Herman Miller Aeron chair and custom Renew sit-to-stand table.
  • Have a psychologist and am looking for a psychiatrist.
  • Don't make impulsive purchases as often (thanks, ADHD).

Next on my list to accomplish is IT certs.

Shout out to @Dirty_habiTfor the advice and words of wisdom.

• Like 1
  • Props 3