What did you ACCOMPLISH?

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
4 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

13h for the castle. 8h for the pig. 

Sounds like both peicees are a decent size for the time it took to complete.   

I remember working for this oil and gas company and we would 3d print prototype part for drilling components and some of these parts took longer than 24hrs.  I forget the brand but it was one of the top of the line brands at its time.  But the machine didn't print metal, those at the time were extremely exspensive.   

What I find most interesting about 3d printing is the medical field r&d printing organs and such.

• 3 weeks later...

Up pre dawn.

Ate slice of cold pizza.

Took a shit.

Out to graffercize- mission accomplished.

Found an item that I lost at a spot a month ago.  Despite exposure to elements item looks the same and is in perfect working order- win!

Victory drink of bourbon & some smoke.

Went benching.

Got some fried chicken.

Exercised dog.

Checked in on a relative and took a walk.

Went home and took another shit.  Turned out to be one of those shits that's clean on the first wipe, the most coveted and sought after of turds!  Win Win!

• Like 4
  • Props 1

21 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Turned out to be one of those shits that's clean on the first wipe, the most coveted and sought after of turds!  Win Win!

The Ghost 👻 Poopy.  You know the ones that you do not see in the toilet and nothing there on the first wipe.  Win win win!

• Like 1

Took my son to a really good beach party.

chatted to a lot of school parents while I supervised the kids all splashing in the surf.

may have made some slight conversions to the "friends outside of pickup and drop off at school" crowd

felt very peaceful.

Audited the electrics on my house that the builders are renovating for me.  Went through with the plans printed out, the product key to said plans, the invoices etc.

Discovered some irregularities - two missing dimmer switches and a 4 socket plate that has had a three socket plate installed.

felt happy with that.

Whipped up a weapons grade delicious feast for wife and i on sunday night just out of stuff in the fridge and cupboards.
turmeric couscous salad turned out sweet ( was actually packet of cous cous but instead of using the little grains I used israeli cous cous and it worked a treat. fried some pork loin chops I defrosted by accident with some garlic etc. they turned out lovely. Whipped up a mac and cheese for the kids who'd gotten back from beach so they were wrecked.

they watched TV while eating we sat in the backyard and ate ours in the sunset.

felt very happy with that.

Edited by Schnitzel
TL:DR schnitz had a good weekend
  • Like 2
  • Props 3

Well I Paula Abdul'd tuesday and took 2 steps forward and then more than 2 back... Had a guy come and blast the whole bus to speed the process. Did the floors too it was amazing 2.5 hours the whole bus was done. Just being one person it took me a while to get set up and prime it. I was rushing because it was starting to get humid I think I stopped mixing the epoxy well enough when I got to the roof and the floor and rust started to bleed through in spots. Kept rushing on the roof and side door and had to store them in my enclosure which is just a sweat box I found out so those need to be redone too. I am hoping I can just get the rusty areas done and be good but who knows I threw $900 out the door and now am selling everything I can to get money to have one company do the blasting, primer and paint all at once...

Good news though they opened some gastropark that wants us to come serve they dont have a liquor license and are getting bartending services to come in so we have an opportunity to make a little cash anyways. 

124396439_10218361311645487_585605196943

124097906_10218362189667437_460292212200

125035463_10218363702185249_265855091019

• Like 4
  • Props 5

I automated my garage door to work remotely via. phone. The old remote controls kept breaking and I got the shits. Good $50 and time spent in a while.

Joined with my neighbour to install a largish raised garden bed. Currently growing a few variety of lettuce, spinach, celery  and a whole bunch of herbs. Will consider expanding as it's a relaxing pursuit for an inner-city dweller.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

Checked all the sensors which were ok. Pulled the fuel rails and injectors off and what do ya know. Injectors are properly clapped out. Tomorrow I'll clean em up and see if I can get this motor to fire up. 

While I was under the hood I pulled off the manifold and valve covers so I could oil the valvetrain and camshaft. At least I know I'm not cranking the motor dry.

Also removed the break booster which will be replaced with the hydro boost unit. It'll clean up the engine bay and give me more room for the hydraulic clutch master cylinder.

The break booster was a motherfucker to get out, I could barely get a wrench in there. Not to mention my body was twisted in ways unnatural to the the human anatomy. 

20201122_125849_HDR.jpg

20201122_115557.jpg

20201122_154118.jpg

20201122_153925.jpg

20201122_154044_HDR.jpg

20201122_154007.jpg

20201122_153948.jpg

20201122_153931.jpg

20201122_115537.jpg

20201122_115634.jpg

20201122_154132.jpg

20201122_115553.jpg

• Like 1
  • Props 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^

Gonna be Just Ralphy before we know it

I bought $220.00 worth of food to donate to the foodbank for my state.
I already donate money each month but I wanted something "visual" to show my kids so we took it down there so they could see.

They looked at my "account" and I've apparently donated enough meals to feed one person three square a day for 15 months this year.

Not much of an achievement but it makes me feel a little bit good as compared to piecing or whatever!

• Props 6

On 12/21/2020 at 9:50 PM, Dirty_habiT said:

Odd that images from Wednesday are broken like that.

@~KRYLON2~- that's bad ass man that you're doing work on your Jeep.  It's a great accomplishment to drive something you've fixed or improved like that.

What are the details of the motor swap, what was in it stock and what did you put in it as a swap?

originally it had a 4.2l inline 6 with a 4 peed. but over time the engine and transmission needed a rebuild, but for the same cost I put in a rebuilt (myself) 5.3l chevy and NV4500 transmission. The Transfer case is the original Np208 with a clocking ring and an input out of an NP241 so it would mate up to the transmission.

the driveshafts I had custom made locally, and now I'm just knocking out the loose ends like: brakes, hydraulic clutch, and electrical. 

The good thing about AMC made Jeeps is they outsourced a lot of parts from the other big three car manufacturers so finding replacements or upgrades is pretty affordable, and the fact that most of the mods I'm doing only requires some basic hand tools. 

The bad thing is the wiring on these old Jeeps are complete trash and I have been replacing every piece before I'll put this rig back on the road. The other bad thing is the teenage Krylon2 did a bunch of ghetto rigging to this old truck back in the day and I wish I could go back in time to slap the shit out of him. I can still feel the disapproval from my Dad when he saw what I did back then.

• Props 3
  • LOL! 2

On 12/24/2020 at 6:20 PM, ~KRYLON2~ said:

That is a beast of a bumper Dhabz, it'll probably last longer then the truck. Are you going to put backup lights or break lights in those holes?

My idea is setup like this:

passenger rear 4" light will be reverse/fog light activated automatically w/ reverse gear switch.

driver rear 4" light will probably be a some sort of tailgating deterrent light on a switch in the cab.

2x 6" driving beams to assist with seeing forward.

In TX, trucks generally can last a long time because we don't have the rust problems that plague places w/ "winter season weather."  There's a ton of old stuff in good condition in this state for that reason.... and I actually think TX cars/trucks are sought after in other places because people know they're not ruined on the chassis w/ rust.  I ABSOLUTELY drop used vehicle deals like a hot potato if the vehicle ever lived in any state north of here.... no need to gamble.