What did you ACCOMPLISH?

Dirty_habiT

Today I accomplished.... closing on the property my gf and I purchased.  The money is wired and the mobile notary came by this morning to have me sign all the documents.  It's a done deal.  I'm incredibly blessed to be a land owner now.

I was able to achieve this by living below my means.  I've only rented one place since moving out of my parent's house and it is the one I'm in now.  I was a roommate at many other peoples' houses before this.  Anyway, I'm encouraging any of you all to break past any mental block that makes you think that you cannot do this.

I spent less on this land than people spend on a "normal" used car.  If you shop around you can find a good deal on something special.... and that's what I did.

• Props 5

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hahahaha Dhabz, I put some reverse mounted lights on my ladder rack to get some revenge on all these tailgaiting fucks where I live. sometimes I"ll just downshift 2 gears in the 5.0 to let 'em know I'm not fucking around. but at the same time a F350 would put its front bumper in my backseat if the driver wasn't paying attention. My usual move is to just drive slow as shit so they just pass me up, no need to spill my coffee at 4am on the way in to work over some ass clown driving like he's taking left turns for a living.

• Props 1

On 12/29/2020 at 11:33 AM, Dirty_habiT said:

In TX, trucks generally can last a long time because we don't have the rust problems that plague places w/ "winter season weather."  There's a ton of old stuff in good condition in this state for that reason.... and I actually think TX cars/trucks are sought after in other places because people know they're not ruined on the chassis w/ rust.  I ABSOLUTELY drop used vehicle deals like a hot potato if the vehicle ever lived in any state north of here.... no need to gamble.

Generally speaking, yes. But don’t forget about Texas’ coastal areas that allow beach driving; no shortage of idiots who live in or visit those areas and drive through wet sand and saltwater without thoroughly washing their vehicles.

• Truth 1

Yeah true @LUGR.... any of that sand shit is like.... ummmm sand paper on all your moving parts.

I'm sure seals get blown up quick and anything that pivots gets blown up quick in sand driving.  Of course you can overbuild your vehicle to be able to put up with that kind of stuff but that is beyond the scope of what most people would do.

I’ve deleted 2/5 Instagram accounts and working in the 3rd 

no. Not because of the new rules and shit -if you think your privacy and data was safe prior-you’re a fool -

I just don’t want em anymore and wasn’t using them. But I did screenshot some fav nail designs i have done over time and want to share. I loved my old career but after a while it bugged me that people valued vanity over health 

one of girls challenged me every May 4 

161269A7-8176-4B19-89E0-D4D54B8F681B.thumb.jpeg.f06296d01999401a26880041d7676955.jpeg

659A974B-2D45-4AB6-9F94-52FD10F5883D.thumb.jpeg.4b9a4bc3c884210401da1b5634fa7fba.jpeg

B833EB01-50C8-4111-BBA4-22780999D4F9.thumb.jpeg.027bea45a71d931f541a0f7dd919ddac.jpeg

618E02AB-745E-4466-95C9-DBC1E3E25387.thumb.jpeg.ad0188894c137762ac38807625de11bb.jpeg

some walking dead jams 

9B735358-B85C-4E27-827F-686A67A2D534.thumb.jpeg.d32d8bc864f9d8b840ca15e5a18a6f24.jpeg

horror movies 

310E5E49-A4D5-4A2D-A6A9-C4537FF1F632.thumb.jpeg.a1588eac2c5581bd1003187fee76c055.jpeg

E8D30501-1A86-4E25-BCE1-6286EEFE9499.thumb.jpeg.cee57796164fcf9bc5cad0e32eb50224.jpeg

9703781F-7B05-4864-A16D-74F5731CD0A4.thumb.jpeg.6bbc8afa0646d0c4094f196868a9855d.jpeg

this old ass nail board done pre 2000 with the green felt mount 

6B6676AC-EF4B-47E6-AD5B-26119054C209.thumb.jpeg.6a420c2f7902a4857b72df16d4d21219.jpeg

the field shifted to quick cheap nail art no more value in hand painted designs.  

• Like 1
  • Props 5

WOW! ^^ Those are cool!  I almost always compliment a woman on her nails if they're done nicely/cool like that.

My gf deleted her instagram the other day after hearing the new rules broken down.  The main thing in the new rules that is really bad is that "going forward you are agreeing to any other rule changes they make without having to click or read or agree to anything specifically."

They basically said from this point on your b-hole is mine.

• Truth 1

Those nail are wicked cool. I also deleted all social media a couple months ago and I have this weird vibe of feeling good when nothing in particular happened that would shift my attitude, but not being weighed down by the baggage you absorb on those apps has been allowing me to achieve a level of oneness that has been fleeting since adulthood. Feels good man.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

Recovering from a mild case of Rona over here - 

Haven’t really accomplished anything in the last 8 days......watched way too much Tv.

Edit - I did manage to organize and rate a bunch of LP’s that have been sitting around. I also started a class at the JC , Intro to Digital Photography. So not a complete waste with all this downtime.

Edited by fat ralphy
  • Like 1
  • Props 1

• 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, where said:

@Kultsdamn thats dope, i go weeks at a time without smoking but then end up smoking 2 packs on the weekends sometimes cause im a fucking clown. How have you been able to quit?

the patch, the gum, the juul and a whole lotta willpower. 

i’m over the cravings for the most part but i get you, sometimes you’re just bored and miss it those are the hardest times 

• Like 3
  • Truth 1

yea one of the things for me that really helped me stop was not being in traffic for hours a day I would always rip butts in the car but now sometimes when I'm driving around on the weekend without my kid I end up buying a pack, even more if I'm hanging out with anyone cause at least half of the people I know still smoke 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

24 minutes ago, where said:

yea one of the things for me that really helped me stop was not being in traffic for hours a day I would always rip butts in the car but now sometimes when I'm driving around on the weekend without my kid I end up buying a pack, even more if I'm hanging out with anyone cause at least half of the people I know still smoke 

I know those are going to be the tougher times for me too. I tell myself i don’t want to live through that first week of hell again. Lighting up now would just waste all the efforts.

Its like a house of cards. If it falls after 2 days it kinda sucks but when you gotta build it back up after weeks of progress  that’s a major pain in the ass

• Truth 2

1 hour ago, Kults said:

I know those are going to be the tougher times for me too. I tell myself i don’t want to live through that first week of hell again. Lighting up now would just waste all the efforts.

Its like a house of cards. If it falls after 2 days it kinda sucks but when you gotta build it back up after weeks of progress  that’s a major pain in the ass

It took me a few tries.  I'd get past a few days then relapse, get past a week, week and a half amd relapse got past two weeks and became history.  

Don't get me wrong it took a few months and a few years of mental courage to build, but I knew I wanted to quit so it really does boil down to mental fight.  You can do it.  I used to smoke a lot, at times I would smoke 2 an how amd chain smoke a lot. 

You can do it brother. 

• Props 2

18 minutes ago, ndv said:

It took me a few tries.  I'd get past a few days then relapse, get past a week, week and a half amd relapse got past two weeks and became history.  

Don't get me wrong it took a few months and a few years of mental courage to build, but I knew I wanted to quit so it really does boil down to mental fight.  You can do it.  I used to smoke a lot, at times I would smoke 2 an how amd chain smoke a lot. 

You can do it brother. 

Thank you, I appreciate it.

It’s really tough, it’s hard to explain it to someone who’s never smoked. It’s definitely a mental fight, sometimes feels more like an ongoing war. So far so good, let’s keep the party going 🚭 

• Truth 2