Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

When this started I knew we would see media stories appointing all these different people as heroes and heroic.  One group they keep mentioning are supermarket workers, not sure that feels right to me.  For one, Bill Burr has a funny take on heroism that kind of applies here.  The other thought is most supermarket workers survive off weekly paychecks and they have one of the few steady paying gigs in town now so they're probably going to show up.  Don't get me wrong, the person who stocks the shelf or bags groceries deserves more respect than what I see the average customer give them but heroes might be taking it a little far.

• Truth 2

By the way, that article is not true about gangsters threatening people to stay indoors. Most people are staying inside because of the government telling people to stay inside. I live in Rocinha and went out last night at 10:00pm to go shopping. I live close to where the boys sell their stuff and not one word..

• Like 2
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

Difference between CO, and NY.

Last week the governor asked everyone to voluntarily wear masks in public, most people are complying with that request and keeping social distance.

NYC announces 2nd wave coming, crowd mobs Trader Joe’s, no masks/gloves/or fucks given. Everyone just going for theirs in full on rodent mode.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/05/white-house-americans-should-avoid-grocery-stores-as-coronavirus-hits-apex/

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Last week the governor asked everyone to voluntarily wear masks in public, most people are complying with that request and keeping social distance.

NYC announces 2nd wave coming, crowd mobs Trader Joe’s, no masks/gloves/or fucks given. Everyone just going for theirs in full on rodent mode.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/05/white-house-americans-should-avoid-grocery-stores-as-coronavirus-hits-apex/

Dont mean to laugh, the words you chose and they way I read it is kinda funny in these hard times.   

But you're right, CO mentality is more relaxed and considerate (or that's at least the feel I get) opposed to a city that never sleeps.  

Gotta get while you can or quarantine and chill.

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

I'm honestly not surprised that people in New York act like that.  You have to have a certain mindset to want to live in the middle of that stuff or be willing to stay there if you think it sucks.

Just now, Dirty_habiT said:

I'm honestly not surprised that people in New York act like that.  You have to have a certain mindset to want to live in the middle of that stuff or be willing to stay there if you think it sucks.

Not really, most people are so check to check (even people who are "well off") they can't afford to move cross country. The people that think it sucks living there, many of them are out of work now, so there's nothing holding them back except the fact that even with a job they couldn't afford to move across country.

Most people are trapped in a self inflicted dark illusion they have no control over their own life. They've convinced themselves of this to disassociate from blame for whatever goes wrong especially when they're partly to blame, so they don't bother putting in the effort to improve and love to see other people fail trying, to validate their illusion.

I'm still pretty good friends with quite a few people that almost never left their block where they grew up, or stayed at abusive/shitty jobs for decades never moving up, or considering trying something else. That's pretty much the default way we're programmed to act, the perfect slaves trudging through the bullshit. We need to learn, or put effort into establishing a core value of self responsibility, following logic as opposed to human instincts. We're no longer culturally focused on teaching these things as a society, it's not part of the education curriculum and people let schools do the work of raising/educating their children for them. You just have to kind of figure it out for yourself, or be lucky enough to be exposed to this type of unintuitive wisdom through life's randomness.

Most of us just aren't that lucky.

• Like 2
  • Truth 5
  • Props 1

I have been buying a bunch of stuff from empty gas stations, if i need to go get groceries I will go during the week usually around 10am and scope out the few in my area and pick the emptiest one.  I will bet anything the panic buyers are responsible for 70%+ of the spread. 

• Like 2

I really don't care if you're right, left, up, or down politically

but i've been noticing that some of the more conservative of the right ARE ACTUALLY ARGUING THAT THE LOCK DOWN AND 6 FOOT REQUIREMENT IS THE GOVERNMENT TRYING TO TAKE AWAY OUR RIGHTS

Now, I want to tell the government to go fuck itself just like the next guy, but the fact that anyone is actually claiming QUARANTINE IS OPPRESSION is fucking retarded.

these are the same dumbasses that don't think the virus isn't serious

Edited by glorydays
  • Like 1
  • Truth 2
  • LOL! 1