Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
20 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

a challenger appears!!!!

Red circles proportional to confirmed cases, bar height is square root of confirmed cases otherwise NY dominates the graph

6702AF90-FC56-4C05-9ED2-A757BBD204A7.thumb.jpeg.7541db044e606b3f1ed781b08c8b82a7.jpeg

Linear scale version , absolute numbers

DC1AD684-F773-4CA1-85AE-797EFA1E70A2.thumb.png.187f825e61ae6da5fe3afec94a8c4c6c.png

Plot of deaths using square root scale 

8893BC2C-770E-480D-A15E-C664D1554E41.thumb.png.1bb12a584656039bef03c88f5ef30f02.png

Whole world with square root scale 

3386BB5D-A8FA-4E99-861B-4760627BFA46.thumb.png.8f96d55ba31b66ddc6f7c879f2cabe80.png

Explanation-

EA502A03-6F8C-421B-AC7E-1875ECF1F43B.thumb.png.47a56c58f808d1c2cd3d00db39b52901.png

Sauce -

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/fr0btz/oc_confirmed_cases_in_north_america_showing_the/

Since there was so much graph discussion... to the next page. 

7 minutes ago, glorydays said:

i invested in all streaming platforms...they're performing well but not that great considering

I just cancelled all our paid streaming services. Only so much shit you can watch. Also, the service quality has dropped of nationally from what I've heard, but definitely out here. But likewise, gotta cut back on non essentials and Hulu, HBO, Showtime got the ax.

• Props 1

8 minutes ago, misteraven said:

I just cancelled all our paid streaming services. Only so much shit you can watch. Also, the service quality has dropped of nationally from what I've heard, but definitely out here. But likewise, gotta cut back on non essentials and Hulu, HBO, Showtime got the ax.

i can see that being a trend...i can see why the stock price kind of leveled off also. i think people are spending their "quarantine" outside more

So I'm starting to question my math on the Italy numbers. No so much questioning my math as I'm questioning the official data. Being entirely honest, I still cannot see how its possible to hide evidence of mounds of dead bodies in an age where most human on planet earth carry smart phones. I have yet to see that iconic shot being circulated on social or anywhere that always ends up framing every significant event.

The position I put forth only makes sense if the inputs being used to calculate numbers are remotely credible and to be honest with all of you, I'm starting to question that. Maybe its just me going back into my normal stance of not trusting shit and its easy to see how well the tin foil hat does indeed fit during crazy days like we're seeing, but here's a couple things that are needling at me for all of you to speculate on...

1. At a certain point, shutting down the entire world cant just be a sensational reactionary type of event. Its one thing for people to panic respond, but its now been several weeks in the USA of being shutdown and going on several months for other parts of the world. If there's anything you can trust, its human greed and if anything, there should be pretty intense pressure to ramp everything back up again. News out of China is surprisingly quiet in this regard and though I limit a lot of my news consumption, fact is I have a lot of vendor relationships out in China that I've maintained for years and all are dark. The cost of this shutdown is incalculable. I really don't think the government is one to just obliterate the economy out of a need top play it safe. Again, its one thing to let a reaction get out of hand for a quick minute, but we're well past that unless there's something far bigger than a fraction of a percentage point death rate. 

2. I know some people are a bit skeptical on whether you can trust MSM and government. Some people still have faith that they're looking out for you and subscribe to the system as it is supposed to work: That we vote in people that genuinely are there to do good and are there to look out for your best interests. Personally I do not at all believe this (search for posts I've made or ask questions if you need more insight). This recent shit about how we were all told that N95 basks were not needed... That they were useless... And in some cases actually did more harm than good... Well, I saw that as absolute bullshit from jump street. No this isn't a conspiracy and I'm sure most fo you guys saw / read the same thing. Maybe those articles are still posted so you can google them. Who knows, maybe the agenda runs even deeper and some of it was scrubbed, but I'm positive I've had that discussion with several people and sure there's references to that exact discussion here on the forum. Considering that since pretty much forever, any time you see a doctor or dentist, that every time you're in a hospital, that every single time you watch a TV show or a movie involving anything medical... First think you note is that they're wearing nitrile / latex gloves and an N95 mask. In fact, isn't that the very definition how how to identify medical staff? Scrubs, gloves, mask? So it seemed so obviously disingenuous (putting that nicely) to see MSM make statements about how a mask is not necessary. That at best it was wasteful and at worst it actually was potentially harmful (though how it was harmful made even less sense since even an ill fitting mask is better than no mask and putting a fucking mask on isn't exactly rocket science). Now suddenly we hear that we should all be wearing masks when out in public. 

What this tells me is that, they'll hard face blatantly lie, no matter how ridiculous it sounds even if that lie won't hold up for very long. Worse, that they'll put your life in potential danger while lying to your face, even if its a dead end that can't possibly hold up for very long. Again, I've said it over and over and over and over... According to MSM and your politicians, things are always a certain way, right up until they aren't. For those not understanding my meaning with this... Is that, we have seen and will likely continue to see these people beat their drums and vehemently defending a certain 'truth', right up to the point that there's a new 'truth' to vehemently broadcast and defend.

------------

So yeah, this whole thing has been a wild ride. I panicked early on, caught my breath, tried to apply logic to the situation only to see the logic I tried to apply start to crumble under the reality I'm seeing unfold in front of me. What has me really reassessing the situation is the mask thing and how outrageously obvious that was to lie to people about masks. It may seem stupid, but its real, tangible evidence that they either think we're all toddlers that can't handle real truth or that there are deeper agendas / motives at play that somehow justify putting your life at risk (not even sure I'm surprised by that). But another thing that has me rattled is that a good friend of mine up here that works with military contractors and LEO said he was given a heads up about two deaths that occurred in the last 24 hours and that there is zero news to be found about it. One being a doctor at the local hospital at that. Sure, we can chalk that up to slow news reporting or disorganization, but somehow that seems far too forgiving and I'm not a particularly trusting individual.

So not sure what to say or think. I'm not back in panic mode myself to be honest. We're in a pretty great place to be honest. But my concern level is definitely getting ready to red line again. Wondering what the fuck is really going and what we're not being told, cause its getting harder and harder to think the entire world has been shutdown for weeks / months cause the powers that be are concerned that maybe a fraction of 1% of thew population that catch this thing could die.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2020 at 1:25 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

a challenger appears!!!!

Red circles proportional to confirmed cases, bar height is square root of confirmed cases otherwise NY dominates the graph

6702AF90-FC56-4C05-9ED2-A757BBD204A7.thumb.jpeg.7541db044e606b3f1ed781b08c8b82a7.jpeg

Linear scale version , absolute numbers

DC1AD684-F773-4CA1-85AE-797EFA1E70A2.thumb.png.187f825e61ae6da5fe3afec94a8c4c6c.png

Plot of deaths using square root scale 

8893BC2C-770E-480D-A15E-C664D1554E41.thumb.png.1bb12a584656039bef03c88f5ef30f02.png

Whole world with square root scale 

3386BB5D-A8FA-4E99-861B-4760627BFA46.thumb.png.8f96d55ba31b66ddc6f7c879f2cabe80.png

Explanation-

EA502A03-6F8C-421B-AC7E-1875ECF1F43B.thumb.png.47a56c58f808d1c2cd3d00db39b52901.png

Sauce -

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/fr0btz/oc_confirmed_cases_in_north_america_showing_the/

Since there was so much talk of graphs .... to the next page. 

42 minutes ago, misteraven said:

So I'm starting to question my math on the Italy numbers. No so much questioning my math as I'm questioning the official data. Being entirely honest, I still cannot see how its possible to hide evidence of mounds of dead bodies in an age where most human on planet earth carry smart phones. I have yet to see that iconic shot being circulated on social or anywhere that always ends up framing every significant event.

The position I put forth only makes sense if the inputs being used to calculate numbers are remotely credible and to be honest with all of you, I'm starting to question that. Maybe its just me going back into my normal stance of not trusting shit and its easy to see how well the tin foil hat does indeed fit during crazy days like we're seeing, but here's a couple things that are needling at me for all of you to speculate on...

1. At a certain point, shutting down the entire world cant just be a sensational reactionary type of event. Its one thing for people to panic respond, but its now been several weeks in the USA of being shutdown and going on several months for other parts of the world. If there's anything you can trust, its human greed and if anything, there should be pretty intense pressure to ramp everything back up again. News out of China is surprisingly quiet in this regard and though I limit a lot of my news consumption, fact is I have a lot of vendor relationships out in China that I've maintained for years and all are dark. The cost of this shutdown is incalculable. I really don't think the government is one to just obliterate the economy out of a need top play it safe. Again, its one thing to let a reaction get out of hand for a quick minute, but we're well past that unless there's something far bigger than a fraction of a percentage point death rate. 

2. I know some people are a bit skeptical on whether you can trust MSM and government. Some people still have faith that they're looking out for you and subscribe to the system as it is supposed to work: That we vote in people that genuinely are there to do good and are there to look out for your best interests. Personally I do not at all believe this (search for posts I've made or ask questions if you need more insight). This recent shit about how we were all told that N95 basks were not needed... That they were useless... And in some cases actually did more harm than good... Well, I saw that as absolute bullshit from jump street. No this isn't a conspiracy and I'm sure most fo you guys saw / read the same thing. Maybe those articles are still posted so you can google them. Who knows, maybe the agenda runs even deeper and some of it was scrubbed, but I'm positive I've had that discussion with several people and sure there's references to that exact discussion here on the forum. Considering that since pretty much forever, any time you see a doctor or dentist, that every time you're in a hospital, that every single time you watch a TV show or a movie involving anything medical... First think you note is that they're wearing nitrile / latex gloves and an N95 mask. In fact, isn't that the very definition how how to identify medical staff? Scrubs, gloves, mask? So it seemed so obviously disingenuous (putting that nicely) to see MSM make statements about how a mask is not necessary. That at best it was wasteful and at worst it actually was potentially harmful (though how it was harmful made even less sense since even an ill fitting mask is better than no mask and putting a fucking mask on isn't exactly rocket science). Now suddenly we hear that we should all be wearing masks when out in public. 

What this tells me is that, they'll hard face blatantly lie, no matter how ridiculous it sounds even if that lie won't hold up for very long. Worse, that they'll put your life in potential danger while lying to your face, even if its a dead end that can't possibly hold up for very long. Again, I've said it over and over and over and over... According to MSM and your politicians, things are always a certain way, right up until they aren't. For those not understanding my meaning with this... Is that, we have seen and will likely continue to see these people beat their drums and vehemently defending a certain 'truth', right up to the point that there's a new 'truth' to vehemently broadcast and defend.

------------

So yeah, this whole thing has been a wild ride. I panicked early on, caught my breath, tried to apply logic to the situation only to see the logic I tried to apply start to crumble under the reality I'm seeing unfold in front of me. What has me really reassessing the situation is the mask thing and how outrageously obvious that was to lie to people about masks. It may seem stupid, but its real, tangible evidence that they either think we're all toddlers that can't handle real truth or that there are deeper agendas / motives at play that somehow justify putting your life at risk (not even sure I'm surprised by that). But another thing that has me rattled is that a good friend of mine up here that works with military contractors and LEO said he was given a heads up about two deaths that occurred in the last 24 hours and that there is zero news to be found about it. One being a doctor at the local hospital at that. Sure, we can chalk that up to slow news reporting or disorganization, but somehow that seems far too forgiving and I'm not a particularly trusting individual.

So not sure what to say or think. I'm not back in panic mode myself to be honest. We're in a pretty great place to be honest. But my concern level is definitely getting ready to red line again. Wondering what the fuck is really going and what we're not being told, cause its getting harder and harder to think the entire world has been shutdown for weeks / months cause the powers that be are concerned that maybe a fraction of 1% of thew population that catch this thing could die.

Idk but how Im understanding this is whatever the death percentage is right now is because in the hospitals capacity hasn't completely outstripped resources but if that happens those %s would go way up, especially when most hospitals have do not resuscitate orders already drawn up. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, T4M* said:

Imma go on a limb here.....

The panties, so it's a thong if she were to bend over and she cut the strings on the other end of the mask, which is the string around her belly?

I’m not sure, but I would reuse the masks not on her face. 😷🙃

• LOL! 2

11 hours ago, misteraven said:

If there's anything you can trust, its human greed and if anything, there should be pretty intense pressure to ramp everything back up again.

I joked about this earlier in the thread, but i think it merits a little bit of consideration. Look to the age bracket of many of our government officials, corporate top dogs, and “string pullers,” or whoever you want to lump into the “they” category. Then remember the tiers of age that are most susceptible to this virus that is easily spread. Now think about the vast amount of shadiness that has been done and still gets done for the sake of profits and fortune, putting countless lives at risk through negligence and lack of giving a fuck.

David Rockefeller has had what, 7 heart transplants? That’s 7 people that had to wait longer or even possibly died because a 90 something to 101 year old dude with a fuck load of cash wanted another heart. Do you not think they would go to more extreme lengths to preserve their lives collectively? Maybe i’m just nuts. 

11 hours ago, misteraven said:

This recent shit about how we were all told that N95 basks were not needed... That they were useless... And in some cases actually did more harm than good... Well, I saw that as absolute bullshit from jump street.

So the N95 mask is something hospital staff gets fitted for pre-employment, for situations exactly like this, or just general isolation cases. The way they test the fit of these masks is putting the mask on your face, then a hazmat styled face shield/helmet on and they spray some foul tasting shit into the mask. If you taste anything, it’s not a proper fit. They then adjust the size or if you’re a man with facial hair you’re forced to shave, it’s happened to me. I imagine the N95 masks were initially mentioned because of the lack of knowledge of the virus at the time, and extreme precaution. They’ve probably lightened up on that talk due to what they’re seeing since. 

The masks we wear in day to day work situations are not N95 masks, and they protect against everything from a cold to CJD, HIV, ect. Obviously nothing is fool proof, but in almost a decade in my “career” i’ve never had an issue with exposure.

Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD,) is the only thing i’ve personally seen handled with extreme precaution. Everything involved in that surgery was incinerated. No special precautions have been implemented in handling or reprocessing surgical equipment of patients with COVID-19, at least to date. I’ve been exposed to and handled COVID-19 twice so far in the past 2 weeks, that i can confirm, and was only wearing standard masks, and i’m fine so far. 

These are common masks..

https://www.usamedicalsurgical.com/halyard-health-fluidshield-level-3-fog-free-surgical-mask-48207/

edit: i meant to mention that wearing a mask may not be necessary for the public, if thats what they’ve claimed, but it sure as fuck wouldn’t hurt either, haha. I don’t wear one outside of work, but i sure as fuck made sure i had one at work. 

Edited by abrasivesaint

1 hour ago, abrasivesaint said:

Do you not think they would go to more extreme lengths to preserve their lives collectively? Maybe i’m just nuts

Just to be clear, i don’t think this is the only reason like it’s a grand conspiracy to simply save themselves. I’m just saying i’m sure it played a role to some degree. 

Edited by abrasivesaint