Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
5 hours ago, T4M* said:

BTW, this had me dying in laughter 😅

Screenshot_20200401-062000_Facebook.thumb.jpg.8f0ec4fcbc1209e1c87e8890a29ff94d.jpg

First post, first pic post???

@misteraven

Screenshot_20200401-062127_Facebook.thumb.jpg.2aef2bc66e022314a804739d21e45302.jpg

Preview box looks weak 🤔

This happens when you share a post on (both) facebook.

Would be gangster if the preview box took the first pic in the post, but don't listen to me tho,  gonna end up getting people hooked to facebook lol

I'll look back into this, but this is simply default functionality of the software and nothing I actually built. Best guess is there might be a couple configuration options, but probably not. There might also be things I can do to enhance or extend, but probably wont bother considering my position on social media, but especially because of the pile of priorities on my plate. Either way, thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Idaho got one yesterday too. I have never heard of quakes that far north. 

Yeah, I was surprised the first time I felt one up here almost three years ago. Then someone reminded me we live along the Rocky Mountain ridge line, but that mountains in general are a natural formation that occurs between tectonic plates and fault lines. Mountains are actually those 'faults' pushing against each other causing wrinkles on the earth.

4 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Idaho got one yesterday too. I have never heard of quakes that far north. 

We had one in Mass years ago and everyone at work thought a boiler blew up or some shit, haha. Nobody paid any mind until someone walked and was like “you guys feel that little earthquake?”  

2 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

We had one in Mass years ago and everyone at work thought a boiler blew up or some shit, haha. Nobody paid any mind until someone walked and was like “you guys feel that little earthquake?”  

I remember that. Speaking of Mass the reporting of where infected people are being treated hasn’t been forthcoming.  

On 3/31/2020 at 12:00 PM, WorldBench said:

Okay, so going to put this out there... First time I've seen this NY Forklift situation mentioned by MSM. Watch the videos above and then look at the MSM version of the incident. Should we write this off of them simply telling another story, or instead doing some sort of damage control because rumors are going out about a heap of bodies in NY being moved by fork lift?

Not for nothing, but these are entirely different versions of the same truth. One video is showing a lone forklift driver with a small heap of bodies being moved. Other video show an orderly moving of a single body that included solemn guards standing guard and respectfully assisting. NY Post is pretty sensationalist so wondering why they chose a far less sensational version of this?

Anyone want to speculate one way or the other?

https://nypost.com/2020/04/01/somebodys-got-to-do-it-forklift-driver-who-moves-coronavirus-victims/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=message_app

• Like 1

4 hours ago, where said:

I’m sure they’re reporting the numbers to where it matters. Mass General Hospital is one of the top 5 hospitals in the country, i’m sure they’re playing ball with the “authorities.” 

I have a few friends that work at MGH in the OR. Like other hospitals, and like here, they transformed some operating rooms to make shift ICU rooms. Last i heard people were being sent home from the OR in MGH because of lack of work. They’ve also been sending people home here where i’m at, and we have 3x the death rate if Massachusetts so you can assume the critical care hospitalizations are higher as well. I got paid to sit on my ass last night from the comfort of my bed.

Just like here, at MGH they were talking about reassignment to help other departments when things got bad. If they’re sending people home instead of reassigning them, it’s not that bad. 

NY, specifically NYC seems to be the outlier. Cases are climbing everywhere, like they will, because they’re testing more. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Old lady worked at mgh for a decade up until last year. She’s in daily contact up there with friends and they seem to be seeing most of those numbers. 

I figured they would be, i know i would want to be there if i had to be anywhere. MGH is the place to go. 

On 3/29/2020 at 1:13 PM, abrasivesaint said:

My new favorite reason to panic that i’ve been hearing is the when a healthy or physically fit person got sick.. All the sudden mother fuckers forgot you can be in good shape and still catch a bug..  

update: new favorite reason... 

“my cousin got sick, and he was a preacher!” 

even children of god are catching the virus,  who woulda thunk. 

• LOL! 2

I’ve heard talk about “disinfecting” and low-temp sterilizing the N95 masks without any IFUs from the manufacturer, or any real explanation of how they will be “disinfected.” This is against every standard procedure for sterilization.

So basically “they” are talking about just making shit up on the fly to reuse the N95 masks. This can potentially put hospital staff in further danger because there’s no protocol or proper documentation from the mask manufacturers that sterilization can be achieved through these methods. Exposure to hydrogen peroxide vapor (low-temp sterilization) can cause breathing issues. Now i don’t know if any hydrogen peroxide residue would be left in the masks or if it will cause any issues, but it also brings into question whether the integrity of the mask is maintained. You would think that would be the last thing you’d want to risk at a time like this, but what do i know...

I’ve also already heard the joke a few times that 15 years from now we’ll be bearing that commercial on tv that says, “Did you use a low-temp sterilized N95 mask between the years of 2019-2020 and suffer from complications as a result? Call this number to see if you qualify for financial compensation.” Haha.

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1