Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
16 hours ago, Kults said:

5685E1B7-E462-4C20-9445-51BFD4B3E7B8.jpeg

And here we go again.

Miami-Dade County just put a mask mandate in. Previously, the City of Miami had a mask mandate and a curfew. Everything the city does, the county is like a week behind, which isn't good considering the actual city of Miami is fairly small. I'm staying at my girl's parents' place in the suburbs and when we take the dog out for a walk, there's a fuckload of people out walking on the trail with no masks. When I see somebody coming in the distance, I let them get a little closer (maybe like 50 feet) then start coughing like crazy (to the point where my fake coughs actually make me start coughing). I wait to see if anybody crosses the street.

Nope. People will walk right by you even if you're coughing, I always end up having to cross the street first. No fucks are given, at least here. It'd be one thing if people only put themselves at risk, but unfortunately everyone else ends up paying for the stupidity of others.

I've had one person (in a mask) thank me for crossing the street before getting close to him (I keep at least like 30 feet) while I was taking the dog out. Out of probably hundreds. People still just don't care.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

2 hours ago, Kalashnikov said:

And here we go again.

When I see somebody coming in the distance, I let them get a little closer (maybe like 50 feet) then start coughing like crazy (to the point where my fake coughs actually make me start coughing). I wait to see if anybody crosses the street.

Nope. People will walk right by you even if you're coughing, I always end up having to cross the street first. No fucks are given, at least here. It'd be one thing if people only put themselves at risk, but unfortunately everyone else ends up paying for the stupidity of others.

I've had one person (in a mask) thank me for crossing the street before getting close to him (I keep at least like 30 feet) while I was taking the dog out. Out of probably hundreds. People still just don't care.

not for nothing but if anyone did this to me i’d remove my mask and cough right in their face as they walked by. 

if they’re coughing like crazy they should be home and not out taking a walk 

CD612217-C05B-46A7-BCE0-B4203EE8C71B.jpeg

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

Been saying this shit for weeks to people i know, that there’s no way this short term quarantine would totally work. It would have to be months long total lockdown.. Otherwise we’re just slowing the inevitable. Which may just be the plan so it’s not just constantly overwhelming the healthcare system. 

Also, don’t forget a couple weeks ago the projection percentages from some people were staggering. Then it was over a million dead.. Then 500k.. Now 200k..

D713FF3A-4E4C-49D4-8CC3-FA4C93263F42.thumb.jpeg.97f779876efc3a3f046618e567830545.jpeg

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 2
  • Truth 1

I can’t recall if i’ve brought this up earlier in this thread or another thread in the News section, but i know i’ve said it before..

Prior to all this, there were a lot of hospitals out there that were already sinking ships, in my opinion due to mismanagement and allocation of funds. Instead of funding departments to get stuff like necessary equipment that is vital to day to day operations, or something as simple as staff, the hospitals spend millions renovating the lobby, the seating area in the cafeteria, the hallways.. superficial bullshit... like shown below..

C8D1C9D8-CC28-44B2-BF7A-3617FA905C66.thumb.jpeg.e54bf5dadf4ebfd8b45475ec5c7f96ef.jpeg

This atrium has been under construction in the hospital during this whole thing. Sometime in the last few months it started, and is now finished.. Probably could have used that money in more important areas of the hospital. Could of bought a whole fuck load of masks and other PPE with that money, i can tell you that.. 

But, what the fuck do i know. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

15 minutes ago, where said:

Dude you’re in MA as well,  doesn’t it seem like people arent quarantining, but instead everyone is going about their regular lives minus bars?

I’m not there anymore, but that’s where i’m from. This seems to be happening everywhere though. It’s happening here for sure. Hilariously enough, i see just as many elderly roaming around without masks and shit as i do anyone else.. 

Lots of people out there throwing their used masks and gloves on the ground though, and i hope every fucking one of them catches this shit. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Truth 1

Here people are pretty locked down for the most part. My lifestyle is work/home anyway, and as an "essential" the only major change besides the gloves/masks is the lack of traffic. Very few people here are 100% safe, and might go maskless for a minute, or go hike in a park or something.

People are respecting this shit mostly, and I myself still take unnecessary long ass walks with the dog, I also can't run, or ride a bike wearing a mask so I pretty much drop a chem trail around the neighborhood every day. At work I put on a dustmask, cover that with a bandana, and have some work gloves from home depot I don't take off until before I get back into the truck. I lysol them and ring my hands out like I'm washing my hands when I take them off. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

so I pretty much drop a chem trail around the neighborhood every day

Real life LOL’d. 

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

At work I put on a dustmask, cover that with a bandana, and have some work gloves from home depot I don't take off until before I get back into the truck

Funny enough, the hospital JUST imposed mandatory masks on Friday, and gloves still aren't required. People still aren’t doing it. 

Some hospital staff certainly are the disinfect everything type, but there’s also many who absolute vile creatures, i fall in the middle. I’ve seen dudes in a decontamination room, working with bloody instruments, in potentially disease and virus infested environment, walk over and grab a can of soda off a shelf and drink that shit fully suited up, gloves on and all. Nasty cunts. 

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

Real life LOL’d. 

Funny enough, the hospital JUST imposed mandatory masks on Friday, and gloves still aren't required. People still aren’t doing it. 

Some hospital staff certainly are the disinfect everything type, but there’s also many who absolute vile creatures, i fall in the middle. I’ve seen dudes in a decontamination room, working with bloody instruments, in potentially disease and virus infested environment, walk over and grab a can of soda off a shelf and drink that shit fully suited up, gloves on and all. Nasty cunts. 

They waited until Friday? That's fucking nuts.

I was pretty impressed with New Orleans when I went last year, did not know that our country really had that level of party readiness in it. Saw Ellis Marsalis when I was there, was thinking of going to a more affordable show next door, glad that I did not play the cheapskate.

I listened to a podcast with a nurse in New Orleans this week;

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/09/podcasts/the-daily/coronavirus-new-orleans.html

I do not know the where there is drive through liquor for sure, if I recall correctly as a child there was a drive through Liquor, Tobacco, and Ammunition in  New Mexico, but I may be wrong. There are drive though mini marts here in the regular case but I have never bought beer there and and not sure if you have to get out of your car to get yourself cause you like drive in and there are cold cases on either side, not like a real window up fast food drive through.

• Props 1