Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Have to sit out the whole two weeks. I’ll get back to work Monday. Initial screenings required no further action. (Someone mentioned earlier in this thread about someone they knew couldn’t get tested because the fever wasn’t high enough-same instance here) 

Coughing ass roommate left Late last night/early early morning, 
but he cost me two weeks of work. Just grateful he’s gone. 

• Like 4
  • Props 2

maybe I’m simple minded or possibly an over thinker 

but 

all the talk of how to wash hands, taking certain precautions, how long the virus lives on certain surfaces. And how to clean certain surfaces 
but I haven’t seen anything about how much of it/ the duration can live on your phone. And how often we all have our phones in our hand.  Then sometimes putting it to your face to talk  

do any of you clean your phone/phone case?  To ensure a clean phone (even before the Rona) how do you clean it? 

also random edit. 
while on my walk today-there was a few cops just posted up around the area. 

Edited by SMdoubleXL
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1

I have a close friend who works at the San Diego Zoo and he was telling me the apes are freaking out because they don’t have visitors to interact with at the glass. All of them have been in the zoo since birth and have had floods of people against the glass sunrise to sunset (past sunset during night time zoo in the winter) everyday of their lives.

side note: when you see animals at the zoo pacing their enclosures it’s because they’ve lost their minds in captivity ... big cats etc. 😞

94F55A01-8D56-497C-BB12-E471D83D276C.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Truth 2

3 minutes ago, SMdoubleXL said:

but 

all the talk of how to wash hands, taking certain precautions, how long the virus lives on certain surfaces. And how to clean certain surfaces 
but I haven’t seen anything about how much of it/ the duration can live on your phone. And how often we all have our phones in our hand.  Then sometimes putting it to your face to talk  

do any of you clean your phone/phone case?  To ensure a clean phone (even before the Rona) how do you clean it? 

UV light To clean phones. Have heard covid survives 96 hrs on a surface. 

https://www.amazon.com/uv-phone-cleaner/s?k=uv+phone+cleaner

• Props 1

1 hour ago, SMdoubleXL said:

I wipe my phone down before I enter our work area at work.  

that’s a great idea tho. I’ve never seen that. . Thank you. @KILZ FILLZ I’m gonna present this when I go back to work. 

I just thought it was odd that  cleaning your phone isn’t being pushed as much as other cleaning protocols. 

Ya wiping down your phone has become a common thing thats pushed  in hospitals, even before this virus. I’ve thought about this as well. 

1 hour ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

UV light To clean phones. Have heard covid survives 96 hrs on a surface. 

So i actually just listened to a podcast about this. The information was gathered from studies by the National Institute of Health, CDC, Princeton, UCLA, and published in the New England Journal of Medicine. 

- Aerosol: 3 hours

- Cardboard: 24 hours

- Copper: 4 hours

- Plastics/Stainless Steel: 2/3 days

This was a medical podcast so that’s why they focused on those areas. They also discussed that there’s still other “bugs” that are more worrisome in the hospital setting. For instance, MRSA. 

- 8 weeks on mops

- 7 months in dust

- 203 days on blankets. 
- 9 weeks on towels

Obviously with COVID-19 things are changing because it’s still the pretty early stages of studying the virus. So I mean take that for what it’s worth. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SMdoubleXL said:

I wipe my phone down before I enter our work area at work.  

that’s a great idea tho. I’ve never seen that. . Thank you. @KILZ FILLZ I’m gonna present this when I go back to work. 

I just thought it was odd that  cleaning your phone isn’t being pushed as much as other cleaning protocols. 

I am stupidly doing instacart and shipt now. The last 3 days have been a constant state of paranoia. I sanitize everything i touch before, after, and in between orders and more when i get home after i take all my clothes off in the hallway. Shit isn’t gonna last long but I literally have no other way to make money right now. Gotta live, gotta support the seed, annnd pay a little child support along the way. My wipes and gels are running low. I’ve had all sorts of respirators from painting houses including plenty of filters and a million rubber gloves which i also changes several times throughout the day. But the phone is the dirtiest thing of all. Clean them shits as much as possible. 

3 hours ago, psm026 said:

If the military is just indiscriminately burning bodies now, where is this outcry from the families of these people? In the age of social media, it is damn near impossible to keep this sort of shit quiet. I’m not buying that. If i’m wrong i’m wrong, but that sounds like bullshit.

Edit: For instance, when the Hard Rock hotel in downtown New Orleans collapsed, 2 workers got buried in the rubble. They are still there. The wind blew a tarp Way one day and you could see, from the street, one of the workers legs just dangling. Now the city didn't do fuck all about it citing hazards and investigations, but that shit was all over social media and the news about the outrage from the families. 

And where would this person like them to store these bodies if the morgues are running out of room? I’ve seen reports that NYC is making makeshift morgues, so until then, what do they want them to do? Hang the body bags in a closet like a suit? 

edit: 

Not the only report i’ve seen about this, just the one i took a screenshot of. 

FABD1503-465D-4AA6-A61F-583A67E2CE16.thumb.jpeg.3428fb955a17caed3fa0faa2bda8f999.jpeg

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Props 1

15 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

but 

also random edit. 
while on my walk today-there was a few cops just posted up around the area. 

I clean my phone, wallet, and my keys pretty consistently. I just wipe them down with my homemade Lysol wipes (paper towels that have soaked in 90% ethyl alcohol).

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

3 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

In the US it’s about 2.6% and worldwide it’s about 5.3%

These numbers are wildly inaccurate. There’s no real way to know the infection rate so unless the death toll is based on the actual population these numbers are based off known infections, which is going to be a totally different number than the actual death tool against infection. Particularly skewed in the USA that has a massive population and very little testing per capita compared to anywhere else. 

• Truth 1

1 hour ago, misteraven said:

These numbers are wildly inaccurate. There’s no real way to know the infection rate so unless the death toll is based on the actual population these numbers are based off known infections, which is going to be a totally different number than the actual death tool against infection. Particularly skewed in the USA that has a massive population and very little testing per capita compared to anywhere else. 

For sure, with the numbers given that’s where we sit. If everyone in the world were tested i’m sure we’d see that percentage drop a bit. 

3 hours ago, misteraven said:

You're right...I'm just looking at the MSM numbers

• Like 1