Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

1 hour ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Have a friend who was using the Olympics as his measure of worry. Lol

My new favorite reason to panic that i’ve been hearing is the when a healthy or physically fit person got sick.. All the sudden mother fuckers forgot you can be in good shape and still catch a bug..  

• LOL! 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

a challenger appears!!!!

Red circles proportional to confirmed cases, bar height is square root of confirmed cases otherwise NY dominates the graph

6702AF90-FC56-4C05-9ED2-A757BBD204A7.thumb.jpeg.7541db044e606b3f1ed781b08c8b82a7.jpeg

Linear scale version , absolute numbers

DC1AD684-F773-4CA1-85AE-797EFA1E70A2.thumb.png.187f825e61ae6da5fe3afec94a8c4c6c.png

Plot of deaths using square root scale 

8893BC2C-770E-480D-A15E-C664D1554E41.thumb.png.1bb12a584656039bef03c88f5ef30f02.png

Whole world with square root scale 

3386BB5D-A8FA-4E99-861B-4760627BFA46.thumb.png.8f96d55ba31b66ddc6f7c879f2cabe80.png

Explanation-

EA502A03-6F8C-421B-AC7E-1875ECF1F43B.thumb.png.47a56c58f808d1c2cd3d00db39b52901.png

Sauce -

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/fr0btz/oc_confirmed_cases_in_north_america_showing_the/

• Props 1

7 hours ago, WorldBench said:

I agree, I feel like I am except the data shows otherwise. it is barely 3 months into this outbreak and we will pass a 12 month influenza death rate. A bit more than the flu 🤷‍♂️and this is woth extreme measure being taken place

Italy has a 10% death rate, 7% in Spain and Iran as well, influenza has a 0.7% at worse case?

Screenshot_20200329-100711_Chrome.jpg

I live in Rhode Island. Haven't left the cut or general area in weeks. Ain't been a one ass door to door check around here and that goes for anyone else i know. I have seen the guard and state police on the side of the highway on a friday when i went to pick up my daughter. I guess they are monitoring cars with nyc plates traveling north into the area on 95. 

Edited by NightmareOnElmStreet

20 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I live in Rhode Island. Haven't left the cut or general area in weeks. Ain't been a one ass door to door check around here and that goes for anyone else i know. I have seen the guard and state police on the side of the highway on a friday when i went to pick up my daughter. I guess they are monitoring cars with nyc plates traveling north into the area on 95. 

Why? What happens if they catch you coming up from NY?

My thoughts exactly. But allegedly they are waving you down to pull over if they see out of state plates, primarily ny. (i dont have facts on that). They are strategically standing around a hundred feet before a rest area northbound where i saw all the tents and outbreak looking motherfuckers at. No one was stopped but they were most definitely in proximity of a "pull the fuck over." I don't know how it would work though if there isn't a legitimate checkpoint. Very confusing as i was driving south looking over the medium. But as i drove back they were so close to the road i thought they were going to wave me down. Naturally, drivers slow down when theres the slightest bit of situation on the highway so i could see how slow people were moving. 

13 hours ago, Ko SprueOne said:

BTW, if anyone is looking to wear an effective mask but can't find N95 grade products. I hear vacuum bag filters are the next best thing if modified to wear on your face.

3M Filtrete furnace filters and Swiffer dry are also good medias to make homemade masks from what I've read.

Edited by metronome
I'm a dumb.
  • Like 1

Drawing from other threads for this post, positive thinking, off grid, etc.  Some good things occurring despite the overall mood/tone/situation, going to leave that PMA here.

Since this started:

I'm eating more healthy.  Making a lot of food from scratch instead of store/restaurant foods loaded with salts, sugars, preservatives.

Expanded my cooking skills to learn to make some of the products we would buy before.

Been slowly losing weight.

Exercising more.

General pollution is down, air quality better.  Noticeable now, pretty sure I'll still see the effects up in the mountains in a few months.

With less people about the wild animals are able to move about more freely and naturally, have had some good sightings.

I see people enjoying the outdoors/nature more.

I see some people learning to entertain themselves again vs allowing their tv or computer to entertain them.

This is possibly the most hygienic I will see the general public be.

Hope you all can take a moment to pause and find something good in your days today.

• Like 6
  • Truth 2
  • Props 1

9 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

My thoughts exactly. But allegedly they are waving you down to pull over if they see out of state plates, primarily ny. (i dont have facts on that). They are strategically standing around a hundred feet before a rest area northbound where i saw all the tents and outbreak looking motherfuckers at. No one was stopped but they were most definitely in proximity of a "pull the fuck over." I don't know how it would work though if there isn't a legitimate checkpoint. Very confusing as i was driving south looking over the medium. But as i drove back they were so close to the road i thought they were going to wave me down. Naturally, drivers slow down when theres the slightest bit of situation on the highway so i could see how slow people were moving. 

*median