Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

47 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

In terms of the national stockpile of PPE and other response resources, I have no idea whether the current admin failed or succeeded at preparing properly.

However, when it comes to pandemic response, he absolutely is less prepared than other presidents because he disbanded the pandemic response units in the National Security Council, he defunded large amounts of the CDC and he ignored the briefings from the outgoing administration that pandemic was likely the greatest risk the incoming admin would face. Then, of course, he tried to ignore the outbreak calling it a democratic hoax and telling the nation that it would magically disappear.

Agreed that trying to smash him in the midst of a national crisis isn't a great approach. However, the king has been shown to be naked, he's faced a real emergency and utterly failed (as he did in stopping DPRK nuke development and a bunch of other stuff he claims wins on), that can't be lost in the lead up to the election. Americans really ought to be aware that the person in charge of running shit isn't a capable leader and is responsible for a pretty large number of Americans dying.

All the above stuff about defunding is documented and can be supplied if you want to read about it.

I’ve read up on it a little bit. I think we both even made that same point about him disbanding and defunding those aspects at some point in the past. 

I don’t know if i can agree if he is solely responsible for a large number of Americans dying as i think there are a lot of factors to that, and a lot of partial responsibility to be shared out there. 

As far as him being a capable leader, i totally agree. I certainly won’t be voting for him. Unless Joe Biden has himself an all-star VP, i won’t be voting for him either though. I may go the @KILZ FILLZroute and vote Boogie Hands or some shit. 

In reality i’ll probably vote for Tulsi Gabbard if she’s still on the list. 

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Tulsi is hot but a bloke who knows things told me the other day that there is nobody in American political life who has so faithfully repeated the Kremlin line that it's impossible not to at least consider that she's been seduced by their message, at best. Although, she is pretty hot. Reckon a weekend with her, AOC and the Finnish PM would be fun. 

Also, I don't think Trump is solely responsible for more deaths than there should have been but he is the President, he is ultimately responsible for national policy. Sure, he may have been given shit advice, but it's him that chooses to take it from family and sycophants rather than the intelligence community and scientists. So fuck it, he's responsible for those actions, just as we hold Obama responsible for fucking up the response to China in the South China Sea and Bush responsible for invading Iraq, etc. etc. And he's certainly keen to take personal credit for successes, real or imagined. So he can take credit for the failures too.

Edited by Hua Guofang
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

Dude. What? I think you’re starting to let your emotions get the best of you man, because i have very little idea what you’re trying to say here.

I openly admitted that upon further thought my opinion of shortages may have been semi-biased due to the nature of my job, which is helping hospitals in need. I dont work at hospitals that are doing just dandy, i get contracted to shit shows. I agreed with you to some degree. 

Who is arguing against this right now? Distancing and everyone not leaving their homes until this thing goes away are different circumstances. 

As far as i’m aware, the states have every right to open, or not open, as they see fit. I also heard states and their neighboring states are working together in these talks because they understand what they do effects their neighbors. 

Trump says a lot of stupid fucking things that simply aren’t accurate. He can make claims he’s going to do this or that but when it comes down to it he’s full of shit. 

You quoted me saying there weren't shortages, then quoted me saying there are shortages. 

No emotions here, but i saw what you did there. 

Staying at home is the most extreme form of distancing. Why shouldn't we do that and either have things delivered without contact or leave ONLY for essential things as little as possible. 

What they do does affect their neighbors, that's why a shelter in place can't be done on a state by state basis...i don't care if people are for states rights or against them... what one state does will eventually affect most if not all states. 

As for trump...i agree with you 200%

31 minutes ago, CALIgula said:

You quoted me saying there weren't shortages, then quoted me saying there are shortages. 

No emotions here, but i saw what you did there

Okay, i think i may see the confusion. I wasn’t trying to misquote you or twist what you said. I was responding to one quotation with one reply, and responding to the other quotation of yours and quotation of Huaat the same time in another reply. It seems it just come out funky and was misinterpreted. I circled them in the photos below to try to show what i mean

E819CCF4-E35D-49F9-9223-3909D1C4E3D1.thumb.jpeg.5dbc8c910c63a2855a3e633aa321c202.jpeg6EECBB51-5101-4184-B03F-FACCF55D0933.thumb.jpeg.36fc116e2dc62acac1a5f19a5f1e4114.jpeg.

Is that what you’re referring to? 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Truth 1

6 hours ago, metronome said:

There was an epidemiologist on Rogan a few weeks back talking about this.  He talked about how docs and researchers all over the globe are sharing their findings on this collective posting space, not all of it can be peer reviewed in such a short time but there's definitely collaboration and nobody is hoarding info.  I can't remember the page but it's all publicly shared and anybody can read it.  Dr's name is Peter Hotez.

edit: Correction, in my post below in parentheses i confused him for the CDC dude, my bad. Also, if i recall correctly, the CDC guy said his estimates would be around 70-80k which is where that new study i mentioned roughly puts the death toll at. 

(I believe i was the one who actually initially brought up that podcast in this thread. Raven, myself and whoever else briefly talked about it.)

I wasn’t trying to say researchers weren’t working together in my comment about a global concerted effort, i was referring to your average person across the world. Just because we could all agree to huddle inside doesn’t mean other countries are going to impose such strict measures or even follow them.

I mean look at this map from the NY Times where the virus has yet to strike hard, at least where it has yet to be confirmed and reported. That’s a whole bunch of grey space that needs to be on board with the plan. 

013CAFDB-7AD8-4110-9435-469876548B3B.thumb.jpeg.f966052ed8a6d1703b0527d25601b7a4.jpeg

Edited by abrasivesaint

21 hours ago, ndv said:

DDB3B7F4-4102-4202-96A1-77798B5A7359.thumb.png.44f3b06c24482e1af9bd90b01f871743.png

here is a follow up move from a email I just got requesting more information for said loan. I’m a little tiny bit sketched out about the authenticity of my attempt here as a whole but also not worried about it at the same time. Questions like has your income been affected and does your company make under 250k are rather vague and if answered truthfully then what’s the worry🤔. Anyhow, I’m in wait mode at this point and have not once been asked to submit tax proof or any legitimate documents about my “business.” Very curious to see how this pans out. Fully wasn’t expecting a reply in the first place but sure enough, someone from the state emailed me. 

69FC2BB8-DB5F-43DD-B34C-C7225214DC85.png

Edited by NightmareOnElmStreet

@NightmareOnElmStreet  

Yeah, I am not sure to interpret the email survey as well, the vagueness did raise authenticity concerns.  But if it's legit then go for it.  

What I am really surprised through all of this COVID Crap that I haven't heard anyone mention, is ever since cities started to partake in lock down, spam calls haven't been a regular daily activity.    What-up-with-that?

41 minutes ago, ndv said:

@NightmareOnElmStreet  

Yeah, I am not sure to interpret the email survey as well, the vagueness did raise authenticity concerns.  But if it's legit then go for it.  

What I am really surprised through all of this COVID Crap that I haven't heard anyone mention, is ever since cities started to partake in lock down, spam calls haven't been a regular daily activity.    What-up-with-that?

The call centres are closed.  We have a ton of them here. They’ve likely all been layed off 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en_ca/article/mv5gxn/i-spent-a-year-being-exploited-by-a-shady-canadian-call-center

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

Yea I don’t see why some states shouldn’t at least open back up even if things don’t go right back close to normal. I live in MA and imo it makes sense to extend the stay at home order like they did in NY. If it’s going to save thousands of lives seems like it’s worth it.

@abrasivesainthave you talked to your people at MGH? I hear they’re close to capacity in the ICU.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

That's not how things work. Africa hasn't had its own pop yet, and everyone has been touting it as some miracle place. It's about to go off by all new projections min 300k will die. This is going to stick around for quite a while.

This is going to continue.

This is going to continue to suck. You will lose people you know.

Places that are less populated will see this slower, but it will be there. And if those places do not take it seriously, it will persist there and spread back into more densely populated places after their own SIP procedures _should_ be done.

We've already seen that people can likely be re-infected by the virus.

Just get down with staying home if you can. This disproportionately impacts populaces that do not have a choice but to go to work or who have higher likelihood of comorbidities as a group , do it for them.

Just stay the fuck home.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • Props 2

I'm not listening to the government recommendations, I'm protecting myself. If they lift restrictions I'll continue to protect myself. This shit is real, I know people in NYC that have tested positive, and I know people that have died. I even know someone who was 38 years old, and not obese or anything who got really sick, then tested negative, and then 2 weeks later test positive for COVID-19 and died shortly after. We have friends in Spain that have lost multiple family members almost all at once, (I know what that's like and it's devastating), but they got no closure or funeral. I talked to 3 people from my old MMA gym that have swore they had this shit twice, like it either never fully went away, or they got it more than once when it was making the rounds. It's fucking real, at least there's something out there that's real and making people more than just a little sick, that much I know for sure and will stake my credibility on that 100%.

I'm probably more prone to believing conspiracy theories than the official narrative if were being honest here. Neither perspective matters right now. Worrying about some shit I have no control over doesn't suit my metal state, I'm much better off focusing on what I can help, and my own responsibilities to my family as an adult.

I still work, and show up to between 3 to 5 worksites a day, admittedly sometimes feeling out of place walking around with a fucking mask. I come through some places and everyone else is maskless, here I am wearing a mask, gloves, etc. and sometimes I catch a glimpse of that "look at this guy" look. That same mouth breather giving me the look today, won't be able to look me in the eye tomorrow without regret for their carelessness. They'll most likely Darwin the Virus to their own family any day now. I've got those mental notes handy for reckless, after they no doubt start pretend they weren't vibing like Mr. or Mrs. IDGAF later (that is, if they're still around).

Thing is, I do care about these mouth breathers, but at the same time I'm not here to dole out unsolicited advice, or support other peoples poor decisions later. It's 100% not my business. If you wanna touch handrails, door knobs, buttons, switches, or anything else someone else has touched bare handed and not wash your hands before fingerbangin be my guest. I won't even give anyone "that look" when I see them acting stupid. You don't want to wear a mask, bandana, or scarf over your face, knock yourself out champ. I'm just here doing me, and I don't see myself stopping gloving/masking up, and practicing social distancing for about a year realistically moving forward. I've canceled all my summer plans, for camping out trips, and focusing on getting my cardio up to altitude right now for when I get it myself.

If I'm being honest here I'm good like this, or at least I've got it better than most. Content chilling with only my wife, and my dog indefinitely if I have to, and been social distancing since before it was cool. Didn't ride the subway for years before I left NYC, and started excluding people for minor infractions if you ask my wife, lol. Removing unnecessary human contact in my life has always been kind of a hobby of mine. So switching energy away from social endeavors, and bullshit like dumping money in restaurants/bars, and towards hobbies that favor solo missions, or fam only missions is right up my alley anyway.

TLDR: Just fucking be safe.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 3

I know Mercer is being serious and I salute you for that.  However, the below is what I heard, I think there's something wrong with me...

30 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I'm not listening to the government recommendations, I'm protecting myself

35 minutes ago, Mercer said:

from

31 minutes ago, Mercer said:

reckless

28 minutes ago, Mercer said:

fingerbangin

• Like 3
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 4

image.thumb.png.4399639e35408e3bcb166e4ed50f2663.png

That's from 1918

Apparently the US went through the same shit it's going through now with people protesting the use of masks like they're protesting the lockdowns now. I wish I could copy/paste the research but it's in a million tweets from a journalist and would take too long.

Link to the photo archive: https://californiarevealed.org/islandora/object/cavpp%3A70110

Edited by Hua Guofang
  • Like 2

165,700 Deaths from Corona Virus (I would say this number is probably tripled because you can't count Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, etc numbers). The Flu at worse kills around 60,000 a year, world wide, and 24,000 at best. I guess this was significantly worse than they thought , and this was with drastic measures such as shutting countries down.

Reminds me of my  original posts and being told I was fear mongering, and those brushing off what I said about civil unrest and the controlling of people. I haven't followed the CV in a few weeks because it's become a mess to think and hear about. Looking in the news today and American's don't stand for being forced to do stuff, especially with as selfish, pompous and narcissistic as Americans are.

Some cities are implementing a $1000 fine if you don't wear a mask. That's absurd from the same people who just told everyone to stop buying masks and using them...

The Government is a joke and those who put all their faith in it and believe everything they're saying are fools. The Government are the people, and people only look out for their best interest, And you, the constituents are not in their best interest unless it's time for you to vote for them.

Random Thoughts.

• Truth 2

44 minutes ago, WorldBench said:

The Flu at worse kills around 60,000 a year, world wide, and 24,000 at best.

These are numbers from the CDC, for the U.S. Upwards of 650,000 die from flu complications worldwide according to the WHO. 

Again, fuck the flu comparison. The flu like symptoms aren’t what’s killing people. Pneumonia and organ failure due to the virus is what’s killing people. Pneumonia kills an average of 2.56 million people a year. 

Edited by abrasivesaint