Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

7 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

The banner outside the the hospital here is

“WE LOVE OUR HEALTHCARE HEROES!

brought to you by Coca-Cola.”

Was going to comment on such things in here.  It's a much more noble way to just do the right thing and not have to take credit for it or anounce you did it.  Did they at least send over some free Coca-Cola products or items of need? 

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

venting: 

CA EDD benefit claim page - mom n pop grocery store I worked at was sold to a chain few months ago & I finally filed for unemployment about 2 weeks before the world ended . apparently made a mistake on my claim (never done this before) and the letter in the mail showed up month later - but with $0.00 benefits .

filled out another claim 100% accurately 2 weeks ago (since you can’t get a hold of a human on their phone line to fix an error/edit a claim) , & finally got an email to certify for benefits late last night (a step I didnt get to with my first claim) - but for $0.00 again . .

I feel dumb as fuck for not applying sooner but I was running odd jobs for people/flipping shit while looking for a new gig , feeling good and interviewing for potential new employers then covid hit and now 3 million people are filing here

me right now = 🥵😡🤬🤬🤬🤬

2 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Was going to comment on such things in here.  It's a much more noble way to just do the right thing and not have to take credit for it or anounce you did it.  Did they at least send over some free Coca-Cola products or items of need? 

Good question. Hospital was giving away free Dasani waters one day so maybe. Haha.

5 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

how many are going to die from shooting up dettol......

I mean, if they’re that fucking stupid do we really need em around? 

Like those fish tank cleaner people.. come on. Not once did their brain stop and say “hey uh, maybe fish tank cleaner isn’t the cure for a coronavirus.. just throwing it out there..”  

33 minutes ago, CALIgula said:

Did this nigga trump really suggest that injecting lysol could cure the virus

Tf?

Here in my city, before things were beginning to be taken seriously and before the ISDs began to close...  The local news had a story warning parents to stop spraying their kids with Lysol (disinfectants) due to the dangers of the chems...  It's kinda cracked me up seeing parents spraying their kids with lysol in the face right before the bell rang or buss picked them up like it was bug spray.  LOL

I just shook my head in disgust due to a new level of stupid.   Which brings up a new topic pertaining to the psychological behaviors of society relating to pandemics.   I wouldn't say it scares me, but what concerns me about stupidity (Love thy Neighbor) is due to the lack of cognitive awareness (common sense) will cause innocent casualties (smart people trying to accomplish smart things) so to speak.  But Gomer Pyle here, has some self-righteous plan to execute. 

• Truth 1

Can't we just teach basic safety in elementary school? 

Like don't mix ammonia and bleach, don't spray your kids in the face with lysol, don't inject chemicals into your blood stream, don't grab a live wire...

I feel like these things are just as important as long division. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

5 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

I mean, if they’re that fucking stupid do we really need em around? 

Like those fish tank cleaner people.. come on. Not once did their brain stop and say “hey uh, maybe fish tank cleaner isn’t the cure for a coronavirus.. just throwing it out there..”  

you're absolutely right.

still it's a pretty irresponsible thing for the leader of the world largest economy to be spouting.

the world is now tuning in each day to see what trump comes up with next..

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

3 hours ago, CALIgula said:

Can't we just teach basic safety in elementary school? 

Like don't mix ammonia and bleach, don't spray your kids in the face with lysol, don't inject chemicals into your blood stream, don't grab a live wire...

I feel like these things are just as important as long division. 

Kinda thinking this is just natural selection and let it run its course. If you need to be told that its not a good idea to mainline bleach, maybe they should just go ahead and try it.Or maybe, I'm still just grumpy.

• Truth 2

3 minutes ago, misteraven said:

one hundred percent. 

kinda prefer when its obvious to be honest. the ones that know how to keep the poker face are the dangerous ones.

Exactly, its more relatable for someone to riff in real time then talk like a piece of living architecture.

One thing I love about 12oz (and forums in general) is that you can easily go back and read a thread years later and look at things retrospectively. Even 10 years after September 11th, i was able to go back into the thread and see the misinformation and compare that with what actually happened. This thread is a great way to document this pandemic and its day to day developments so we can look back on this years later and see the misinformation, short comings, and straight up failures of not just the president and his administration, but state governments as well. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

so i don’t disagree in the testing heavily before reopening. what i don’t see how we’d deal with that is if you get the virus after the initial test. do we just keep testing weekly? 

and gov has an certain obligation to keep us safe, agreed. up to what point i guess is where we don’t agree. i think there’s a certain acceptable amount of risk that should be allowed if people want to take that risk. that’s where my car comparison came from 

You test and isolate the infected people until this is manageable... true you might have to do a few rounds of testing but that's the only way to open things up.. anything else will just be premature and will cause the lockdown to go even longer.... what im saying is a few months of hardcore lockdown until it's safe to open things up rather than half ass lockdown and have this thing drag all the way until 2021.

The problem is that risk affects the wellbeing of everyone. At what point is it cool for someone to not give a fuck about others and go back to normal life.... bowling, getting massages and tattoos, while the people staying at home are not doing it to just protect themselves but potentially (if they have it and don't know it) protect others

• Truth 1

Part of the issue is that this is a novel virus. I know people here have heard the phrase, but I'm not sure people have legitimately considered the implications of that meaning.

We are continuing to learn new things about symptoms, transmission, complications, treatment, every single day.

PCR as a test only looks at one tissue in the body. Antibody blood tests are much more effective. Only research hospitals have the antibody test right now.

There is a new finding that it can live in eye tissue for weeks to a month after the symptoms are no longer felt.

We have friends in NYC and here in the bay area who are experiencing what can only be referred to as "flareups" of symptoms at days 40-50. And that doesn't mean that's when it ends. We don't know.

My wife and I have been actively sheltering in place since late feb, only leaving for essential shit, and yet today, we both wake up with mild fevers. If we got it, you know why? Because even here, the single most abiding place to these dictates, people are still fucking off. Go look at the lake in downtown oakland, etc. People not taking this seriously are causing people to die. Not believing in the science is causing people to die.

I have friends where both parents have it, and they are too poor to get treatment. It's a coin toss as to which one is likely to live and which one is likely to die.

And for anyone who thinks there's a boundary condition to the government's responsibility to keep us healthy, "The pursuit of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Operative phrase being "to life."

It just boggles me how many of you are rationalizing such insane shit.

• Truth 4