Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

The call for small business to open because the curve has flattened is a fair conversation to have as it can be judged by clear risk positions, tolerances, probabilities, this can all be discussed openly for informed decisions to be made.

But vaccine chips, 5G, New World Order global fascism, aborted fetus cells...., it's all on the internet. That's the slowest member of the team, right there.

• Truth 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

Unfortunately, the federal approach, which states have to take their lead from in a large degree, for the first weeks/month was that it was nothing to worry about and that it will all magically disappear. It's that response why there are now cases all across the US with 2500+ people dying a day, even whilst harsh measures are in place. The impact didn't need to be this harsh, there are many countries - all most all countries - that have handled the outbreak better.

This was the initial response to densely populated NYC, and it’s why it turned out that way for them. New Orleans largely didn’t give a fuck about it either, except there’s only 400k people here, not 20 million+. Yes there may be over 2000 a day currently, but again, the LARGE sum of that is generally coming from the land mass of Spain, the North East. The rest is spread out over the entire country, 95% of the country.. add the other areas with deaths over 1000.. California, Illinois, Michigan, Louisiana.. these then break down into their major cities of Detroit, Chicago, New Orleans, and then LA and San Diego, so lets say all of Southern California. You’re now at 82% of the US death toll. People aren’t dying in droves all over our massive country.  

C3E89F06-7F00-4852-B783-09ED35AE72AF.thumb.jpeg.2f1c40b22bf64fde347441160036c57c.jpeg

There’s a whole lot of land out there not seeing the devastation that the North East, or more specifically New York, is seeing. 

As far as Americas failures, that’s a whole other discussion and not one i’m truly concerned with at the moment. 22 million people were documented filing for unemployment last week. That’s bot everyone bot working, that’s everyone who filed for unemployment.. That’s damn near your entire country. We have a lot bigger problems at the moment than looking back and pointing fingers, we can do that when the dust settles as far as i’m concerned. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, where said:

Yo got get a po boy or some crayfish or some shit and figure out what you’re arguing about or whit or whatever go get some Jell-O shots 

I know what i’m trying to discuss, i’m good. Keep the Jello shots for the Jersey shore clubs, i’m good on that too, haha. 

Edited by abrasivesaint

6 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

This was the initial response to densely populated NYC, and it’s why it turned out that way for them. New Orleans largely didn’t give a fuck about it either, except there’s only 400k people here, not 20 million+. Yes there may be over 2000 a day currently, but again, the LARGE sum of that is generally coming from the land mass of Spain, the North East. The rest is spread out over the entire country, 95% of the country.. add the other areas with deaths over 1000.. California, Illinois, Michigan, Louisiana.. these then break down into their major cities of Detroit, Chicago, New Orleans, and then LA and San Diego, so lets say all of Southern California. You’re now at 82% of the US death toll. People aren’t dying in droves all over our massive country.  

C3E89F06-7F00-4852-B783-09ED35AE72AF.thumb.jpeg.2f1c40b22bf64fde347441160036c57c.jpeg

There’s a whole lot of land out there not seeing the devastation that the North East, or more specifically New York, is seeing. 

As far as Americas failures, that’s a whole other discussion and not one i’m truly concerned with at the moment. 22 million people were documented filing for unemployment last week. That’s bot everyone bot working, that’s everyone who filed for unemployment.. That’s damn near your entire country. We have a lot bigger problems at the moment than looking back and pointing fingers, we can do that when the dust settles as far as i’m concerned. 

Sure, nobody is saying that people are dying in droves across all of the US. I've said clearly in other posts that infections roll like waves through populations.

None of this makes a difference to the shock that I feel that thousands of people are dying every day in cities across the US from something largely preventable. It's the kind of thing I expect from Indonesia, Brazil, Russia and Nigeria, not the United States.

I also have no problem that responsibility is best dealt with after the crisis has subsided. Discussions can still be held on internet forums without disrupting the management of the crisis.

• Truth 1

1 hour ago, Hua Guofang said:

Sure, nobody is saying that people are dying in droves across all of the US. I've said clearly in other posts that infections roll like waves through populations.

None of this makes a difference to the shock that I feel that thousands of people are dying every day in cities across the US from something largely preventable. It's the kind of thing I expect from Indonesia, Brazil, Russia and Nigeria, not the United States.

Going to chalk it up to agree to disagree. I understand your point of view and just dont agree, and at this point in the situation i don’t think either one of us is going to flip on our opinions. I think there’s too many factors to simply blame the US response as a whole when different regions are being affected differently. 

I also have no problem that responsibility is best dealt with after the crisis has subsided. Discussions can still be held on internet forums without disrupting the management of the crisis.

Fair enough. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

Going to chalk it up to agree to disagree. I understand your point of view and just dont agree, and at this point in the situation i don’t think either one of us is going to flip on our opinions. I think there’s too many factors to simply blame the US response as a whole when different regions are being affected differently.

I don't actually know what the disagreement is! I'm just saying, that more American citizens are dying that I would have expected.

I'm not sure how there can be a disagreement here because it's precisely what I think, and I'm the world's leading expert on what I think!

Edited by Hua Guofang
  • Like 2
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

I don't actually know what the disagreement is! I'm just saying, that more American citizens are dying that I would have expected.

I'm not sure how there can be a disagreement here because it's precisely what I think, and I'm the world's leading expert on what I think!

Haha. What we seemed to disagree on is that i currently think it’s not so much a problem plaguing the US as a whole in terms of infections and deaths as it is a problem for the North East region. 

I’m not surprised by how many are dead. Personally, i expected this thing to land between 80-120k by the end of the year. The CDC dude on Rogan’s podcast put the projection at like 75k and i think the news at the time was pushing upwards of a million. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

1 minute ago, abrasivesaint said:

Haha. What we seemed to disagree on is that i currently think it’s not so much a problem plaguing the US as a whole in terms of infections and deaths as it is a problem for the North East region. 

I’m not surprised by how many are dead. Personally, i expected this thing to land between 80-120k by the end of the year. The CDC dude on Rogan’s podcast put the projection at like 75k and i think the news at the time was pushing upwards of a million. 

Then we are in agreement! The virus isn't plaguing the US as you say, however, the infections and deaths that are centered only in parts of the country are a problem for the whole country in terms of economics, contagion (especially if people don't treat the virus with the fear it deserves, looking at all the idiots that think it's a Bill Gates conspiracy or some other silly shit). As we've all been saying, the econ impact of this is going to ripple for a long time and there will be just as many (some justified, some not) recriminations for over-reactions as well as under-reactions.

Were those forecasts made prior to mid Feb, or before? My focus is on the people that were saying it's all panic and hype, that the flu is worse, that it's a hoax, etc. etc., like the Fox News BS I posted up the page and like the President was saying throughout Feb.

• Props 1

Whilst we all talk about the economic impacts on a local level due to the lockdowns, there hasn't been a lot of talk (here at least) about the global cascading impacts of national lockdowns the world over.

https://www.uscc.gov/research/cascading-economic-impacts-covid-19-outbreak-china

This is an interesting report just out today from the US Econ and Security Review Commission about how China's lockdown and economic impact is hitting the US economy (and therefore, flowing onto the global economy). The most 'interesting' one is the lack of container space for goods shipped by sea and the lack of air freight space for other goods. Because so many vessels were stuck in Chinese ports the world saw a reduction in available/return container space and the goods that usually come on them. Also, because passenger flights have shut down to a large degree, the air freight they used to carry has also halted. Due to lack of capacity and higher demand from home shopping, the price of freighting goods has increased during the global health crisis.

Worth reading even if only for a skim.

One thing worth noting for everyone still following (trying to look at this as the glass is half full), is that when there's a race to the finish, the establishment that sits at pole position is very hard to lap when everything is steady and stable. It's when there's a sudden tap that spins a car and the lead group is all crashing into each other that the guys in the back have an opportunity to lap the leaders and finish the race in winning positions.

This massive upheaval is an opportunity for those that position themselves well to capitalize on the opportunities that will inevitably come out of all this. I know it can often feel like reading tea leaves to envision what those opportunities might be, but many things will have to change and many things will likely change as a result of all this. Also, you'd have to have your head pretty far up your proverbial ass to not think that there won't be more trying times like this one. Whether its a nastier bug next round, social unrest, war or one of a dozen possibilities all competing to become reality, the world has been spinning wildly out of control at an increasing rate. Learn from this situation and make sure that the next time, you're in a better position to ride it out with much less personal hardship. You'll feel better about life knowing your more resilient even if shit is all roses and butterflies. But if shit does go sideways again, which I do not doubt at all, you and yours will be in a far better place than all the assholes scrambling to snatch up all the toilet paper and whatever else, helps them believe they have a handle on the situation.

Seriously, keep that in mind. Don't be consumed by it, but its wise to navigate life always thinking and acting upon how to improve your position.

xoxo,

Misteraven

12ozProphet

• Like 3
  • Props 1

whenever the Mayor (of Las Vegas)  is on the news I get several messages/texts because she was a client of mine for for about 15 yrs before I moved away 

im so glad I am not in the business anymore and more glad I’m not in Vegas for fucking  sure. 

https://theguardiansofdemocracy.com/anderson-cooper-calls-las-vegas-mayor-ignorant-during-totally-insane-interview-that-makes-no-sense/

Edited by SMdoubleXL

7 minutes ago, SMdoubleXL said:

whenever the Mayor (of Las Vegas)  is on the news I get several messages/texts because she was a client of mine for about 15 yrs before I moved away 

im so glad I am not in the business anymore and more glad I’m not in Vegas for fucking  sure. 

https://theguardiansofdemocracy.com/anderson-cooper-calls-las-vegas-mayor-ignorant-during-totally-insane-interview-that-makes-no-sense/

Holy shit what a fucking train wreck, she does look like she’d be fun to get belligerent drunk with just saying, what work did you do for her? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, where said:

Holy shit what a fucking train wreck, she does look like she’d be fun to get belligerent drunk with just saying, what work did you do for her? 

she and her family are genuinely kind and caring people (With a great history) and part of me really wants to defend that fact that (besides the obvious financial reasons) she knows her city is hurting and by people not working they are hurting as well 

but a larger part of me was cringing watching that interview. 

I was in the salon business. 

• Like 1

The longer this virus hangs around the more I noticed elected official on all levels have been pretty good at making themselves look more incompetent in regards to handling the entire situation.   

I am not saying I could address the crisis better than they, but what I will say (noticed) is the masses for the most part have been handling themselves a lot better and more attentive to the situation than the foresaid and have been adapting to irregularities pretty well, even with the added burdens unwillingly imposed on us at random, it actually impresses me.

Yeah I get it, cities can't stay locked down forever, people got to get back to work.   But one of the things I am hoping whats to "get" from all of this, is the masses pay more attention to how these so called leaders are not only handling the situation but how they have been conducting themselves during these times not only on a personal level but professional level as well.

I mean, let's take the above LV Mayor for example.  Not very rational.  But then again, the masses elected her.  Matter of fact we all elected these officials and now we finally get to see how they really stand up to something that defies their true demeanor and proffesion for what we thought their election is really worth.

I guess what I am trying to say, is I hope the masses remember this covid 2020 thing the next time their at the polls.  I hope they really question who they are voting for and use the covid crisis as a guage for who's who and who shall be...