Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

7 minutes ago, ndv said:

The longer this virus hangs around the more I noticed elected official on all levels have been pretty good at making themselves look more incompetent in regards ...............

Agreed.

I'm actually quite impressed at how it's been handled here in Australia.

The politicians at first weren't starring, but since then, when the threat got real, they stepped up, left off with the bullshit and ran the show in a fashion that had the population react well and approve of what they were putting place. Now that we've dropped the rate of infection to one of the lowest levels in the world, they're starting up with their political silliness again. It was good when it lasted.

We were also the first nation to start the toilet paper panic buying - still unsure why, maybe some stupid internet rumours of China buying it all up or something - but it spread around the world from there. So we weren't all stars, but for the most part, it's been taken seriously, there's been a bunch of bailouts for unemployed, casual workers, renters and small businesses and we'll be paying for that in taxes down the road. But so be it and I've not read or heard of anyone whinging about it but some ultra-fringe conservative groups that get laughed at by all ends of the spectrum here.

Edited by Hua Guofang

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
12 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

they're starting up with their political silliness again. It was good when it lasted

Kinda reminds me of adolescent when they are trying to draw attention to themselves - in a way...  but as an adult it kinda comes off more as sociopathic behavior, which solidifies my earlier statement.  

Here in my city the officials pretty much started off the same way as yours, but I quickly noticed the more serious the global situation was becoming, the more I noticed officials are trying all types of random things that really do not make any sense, it was more pandemic for them than us.  Kinda reminds me of "Up In Smoke" - the scene where Chong accidentally gives Cheech the acid and Cheech starts flipping out...

But I think you're right, they are enjoying the attention, the authority, and they know it won't be cute for much longer. 

In my city I heard our County Judge has order for everyone to wear a mask, will get ticketed if not while in public.  Still gotta confirm that. 

Honestly, I really do not think anyone knows how to handle this, and until a vaccine is ready, masks are pretty much the only thing that has become the most rational thing we have thus far to fend off the virus.  

Fauci is the toby Flunderson to trump's michael scott

"Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun or exciting, you make it not that way. I hate so much about the things that you choose to be."

2 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

image.png.d5ea8792313016d930bb8406a04c9467.png

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3

10 hours ago, CALIgula said:

Im mad as hell and im not gonna take it anymore!

Because i heard this all the time, i decided to check out the movie a couple years ago. 

It sucked. 

Maybe you didn’t like it but it didn’t suck. 

• Truth 1

3 hours ago, where said:

Maybe you didn’t like it but it didn’t suck. 

That could be the case. 

Yeah, the speech (and his acting) were dope in that scene... the rest of the movie seemed boring to me. 

I watched it over the course of three days during my prep period when i was a teacher

Some more PMA in hurr.  Noticed a drop in junk mail.  Gas is cheap af and traffic's light.  Made some more highway improvements at night and once during the daytime.  Did some Covid19 pieces elsewhere.  Feel the tide has changed slightly toward consumers whereby businesses now actually need and appreciate my business.  There's no Covid19 in the deep woods and mountain tops, going to disappear there soon for a short bit.

Someone sent me this.  I posted it in Metal Heads where it sadly did not get the attention it deserves.  Good for positivity IMO and this thread needs it once in a while.  Any of us would be lucky to have this man's heart/determination, as well as this man's friends.  Much respect.

• Like 3
  • Props 6

7 minutes ago, where said:

Imbedded into those reports is some shit about French people smoking less than estimated which I feel like that’s bullshit cause I’ve never met a French person that didn’t smoke. 

I thought it meant so many french people smoke but a much smaller % of the french people infected are smokers

5 hours ago, CALIgula said:

That could be the case. 

Yeah, the speech (and his acting) were dope in that scene... the rest of the movie seemed boring to me. 

I watched it over the course of three days during my prep period when i was a teacher

What movie are you talking about? No idea what this tangent is...

I love how they do their best to give the company an image of a person, that knows how you feel because 'we're all in this together'.

I mean, it's so fucking cliche, as that clip illustrates. Either the advertising industry is an old and stale circle jerk or they've got their hustle so refined that they know what works and everyone homes in on that mode of messaging, every-fucking-time.

23 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

I love how they do their best to give the company an image of a person, that knows how you feel because 'we're all in this together'.

I mean, it's so fucking cliche, as that clip illustrates. Either the advertising industry is an old and stale circle jerk or they've got their hustle so refined that they know what works and everyone homes in on that mode of messaging, every-fucking-time.

The banner outside the the hospital here is

“WE LOVE OUR HEALTHCARE HEROES!

brought to you by Coca-Cola.”

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1
  • LOL! 1