Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 minute ago, mn1_fuckos said:

man this shit has been wild 

I've had a couple friends and family that have gotten it that have ended up on ventilators thankfully they've recovered but unfortunately there have also been a couple of close family friends that have passed from it

Sorry for your loss. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, the.crooked said:

Part of the issue is that this is a novel virus. I know people here have heard the phrase, but I'm not sure people have legitimately considered the implications of that meaning.

We are continuing to learn new things about symptoms, transmission, complications, treatment, every single day.

PCR as a test only looks at one tissue in the body. Antibody blood tests are much more effective. Only research hospitals have the antibody test right now.

There is a new finding that it can live in eye tissue for weeks to a month after the symptoms are no longer felt.

We have friends in NYC and here in the bay area who are experiencing what can only be referred to as "flareups" of symptoms at days 40-50. And that doesn't mean that's when it ends. We don't know.

My wife and I have been actively sheltering in place since late feb, only leaving for essential shit, and yet today, we both wake up with mild fevers. If we got it, you know why? Because even here, the single most abiding place to these dictates, people are still fucking off. Go look at the lake in downtown oakland, etc. People not taking this seriously are causing people to die. Not believing in the science is causing people to die.

I have friends where both parents have it, and they are too poor to get treatment. It's a coin toss as to which one is likely to live and which one is likely to die.

And for anyone who thinks there's a boundary condition to the government's responsibility to keep us healthy, "The pursuit of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Operative phrase being "to life."

It just boggles me how many of you are rationalizing such insane shit.

Yep.

I think ideology makes people willingly blind to tough questions that force them to consider pragmatism.

That hard questions here is contagion and that you can't just make decisions for yourself - as in it's up to you if you act risky because it's your body and your choice. Sure, it is, but because of the contagious properties of this virus, you're making decisions for other people as well. We all still have to do the grocery shopping, we still have to get meds from the chemist, some of still have to go to work. If you carry out risky behaviour by moving about needlessly, you are also increasing the risk to others, not just yourself. You don't get to make decisions for just yourself when dealing with contagion. People just can't seem to compute this challenge to their ideologies, likely because it's too challenging and questioning your ideology questions the way you choose to live (And ultimately your intellect), and that's a very difficult and uncomfortable thing to do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the.crooked said:

I'm drunk and just tired of the conspiratorial nature this place has taken. Shit isn't fun explaining rational thought outside the bounds of the philosophy arguments I used to have with Dawood and others.

Mate, I could not possibly agree with you any more. It's tiring and disheartening to think that this place is evolving into part of the alternative facts universe.

• Truth 5

Sitting in total power loss at the hospital. No power, no generators, nothing. I imagine they’re hand pumping air for the people on ventilators upstairs, not good.

Cant even get through some doors because everything’s locked and on badge scanners. I went to go silence an alarm and someone asked if i had anyone’s number so they can let me back in because of the locked doors. My response was “nah i know how to pick the door, i’ll be alright” she yelled “you’re a damn criminal!” And everyone started laughing. 

• Props 1
  • LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

Sitting in total power loss at the hospital. No power, no generators, nothing. I imagine they’re hand pumping air for the people on ventilators upstairs, not good.

Cant even get through some doors because everything’s locked and on badge scanners. I went to go silence an alarm and someone asked if i had anyone’s number so they can let me back in because of the locked doors. My response was “nah i know how to pick the door, i’ll be alright” she yelled “you’re a damn criminal!” And everyone started laughing. 

Whoa wtf. Back up genny???

9 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Whoa wtf. Back up genny???

Nothing, total loss. We have a very few amount of lights on so something is working, but we also have machines that are supposed to be on those backup emergency generators and those are currently shut off. The air is off which could compromise the sterility of everything if it gets too warm, and apparently there was a surgery going.. currently watching ambulances and fire trucks pulling up which we’re figuring is to start transporting patients to other hospitals, which i have personally never seen. Edit: but that is speculation at the moment. We’re being told to stay in place for the time being. Definitely not good though. 

Last i heard maintenance was on the phone with the energy company trying to figure out what the fuck happened. 

Edited by abrasivesaint

5 hours ago, where said:

I know this shit is serious but he was making a joke and trolling you, again.

Usually I’d agree that he’s trolling but not this time (and it clearly was not a joke). He’s reeling from fucking the response up to the outbreak, the last thing he needs is to look incompetent on it now. 

He’s trying to sound like he has answers and things are moving along. But he doesn’t have the capability to actually do it - the time has come when he’s struggling to bullshit his way out of it. He”ll look for more scapegoats like China and WHO and immigrants to deflect blame and attention. I’d also guess that now he’s sinking, they’ll start dialing back is time in front of the camera. 

36 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

He”ll look for more scapegoats like China

Gonna have to throw a pause on this one, haha. There is a FAIR amount of blame to be left on the Chinese governments doorstep when this is all said and done in terms of determining how the rest of the world reacted to this. Their bullshit reports is why nobody thought this was something to be concerned about from the jump, including the WHO. 

Edit: This isn’t a defense of Trump, as it is more if a let’s not aim for the head of one douchebag when there’s plenty of douchebags and plenty of fuck ups to go around.

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

Gonna have to throw a pause on this one, haha. There is a FAIR amount of blame to be left on the Chinese governments doorstep when this is all said and done in terms of determining how the rest of the world reacted to this. Their bullshit reports is why nobody thought this was something to be concerned about from the jump, including the WHO. 

Edit: This isn’t a defense of Trump, as it is more if a let’s not aim for the head of one douchebag when there’s plenty of douchebags and plenty of fuck ups to go around.

Both China and WHO are responsible for letting it get out into the world but Trump is responsible for fucking up the response in his country. There are many (most) countries that are not impacted anywhere near the level the US has been and we all got the same info as each other. It's the CCP/WHO's fault we all got a taste of it but it's our own faults if rips through our societies killing thousands.

6 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

Both China and WHO are responsible for letting it get out into the world but Trump is responsible for fucking up the response in his country. There are many (most) countries that are not impacted anywhere near the level the US has been and we all got the same info as each other. It's the CCP/WHO's fault we all got a taste of it but it's our own faults if rips through our societies killing thousands.

Unsure you can make blanket statements in comparing one country to another. There’s massive differences in population densities, cultural differences and general health of a population that all plays a part in all this. I know you seem determined in your opinion that the USA fucked up its response... Perhaps they did or perhaps its a more complex dynamic. 

Ultimately the lesson to be learned is that perhaps we’re better off taking responsibility for ourselves rather than depending on the government to do it. Considering the CDC / WHO / MSM totally fucked us on the mask thing for weeks, an issue that was obvious and discussed here on 12oz before they finally came around and did a 180 on the subject, and that maybe trying to limit social interactions would be wise, also obvious and discussed on here before they started locking down cities, the two main responses in place all these weeks later are things anyone with a little common sense could have realized and done. 

Easy to throw blame on anyone and everyone and with my stance on government, I’m happy to place heaps of it on them, but at a certain point, it’s much more productive to look at this as a lesson on how unprepared most people are, as well as what a bad idea it is to reallocate responsibility for your well being to other people. This should really be the conversation and not surprise that the government didn’t come through, let alone king of the clowns Trump. Wild that better than half the people out there criticized his every move since day one and are now stunned that he handled his response to a global pandemic poorly. Makes me wonder if people just rather sit around and complain than actually affect meaningful solutions. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, misteraven said:

Makes me wonder if people just rather sit around and complain than actually affect meaningful solutions. 

I feel this. It's what I've been seeing locally (Australia) and online where people complain about anything and eveything but don't do shit about it. I get that you might feel you can't fix or impact change, but sitting there complaining and doing fuck all isn't helping you or anyone else. Get off your social media, leave your house and start talking to people.

• Truth 1