Pass the Corona ese... Novel Corona aka COVID-19

abrasivesaint

2 hours ago, delv said:

I feel this. It's what I've been seeing locally (Australia) and online where people complain about anything and eveything but don't do shit about it. I get that you might feel you can't fix or impact change, but sitting there complaining and doing fuck all isn't helping you or anyone else. Get off your social media, leave your house and start talking to people.

Lol, reminds me of the lead up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq. I printed out my own flyers and stood at train stations handing them out. I might have been bordering on kook, back in my idealistic days.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Maybe I'm naive but I don't even reckon you need to be printing flyers and standing at train stations to  be "doing something" these days. Getting engaged in your local community or causes, being kind, lifting others up etc might just be enough. I know the world is complex and my thinking is probably floored, but I think doing something is better and more positive than doing fuck all. 

• Like 3

On 4/25/2020 at 6:55 PM, Hua Guofang said:

Usually I’d agree that he’s trolling but not this time (and it clearly was not a joke). He’s reeling from fucking the response up to the outbreak, the last thing he needs is to look incompetent on it now. 

He’s trying to sound like he has answers and things are moving along. But he doesn’t have the capability to actually do it - the time has come when he’s struggling to bullshit his way out of it. He”ll look for more scapegoats like China and WHO and immigrants to deflect blame and attention. I’d also guess that now he’s sinking, they’ll start dialing back is time in front of the camera. 

And there is it.

You can set your watch by this shit.

image.png.7b4e7d2be496b45bbd0515b73d10ad69.png

this morning I learned iPhones log your last 200 calls 😂 

Major shoutout 2 california EDD customer service . that hold song will forever haunt me , guitar and flute duos will always be associated with unemployment here on out . Only took ~250 calls to get through to a human bean 

Dude was really helpful tho can’t lie , explained everything to me properly and even called back and left a voicemail when our call got disconnected . Said itll take 3/4 weeks for the audit process instead of the usual 2 , and to keep certifying for benefits even if it shows $0.00 .

hopefully this the first and last time I gotta file for unemployment smh . got some sneakers I can flip to hold me over til then . feeling a lot better now !

BCEE2573-F76A-4927-A1E9-BD09D3F74C37.jpeg

726E708D-3EBD-4E3C-A987-340ED33AD375.jpeg

Edited by luhem
  • Props 1

3 hours ago, glorydays said:

I really don't care about your politics

I love all of you cuz we're a family 

But try watching this video and tell me how you feel about it.

Some truths mixed with some BS. 

whislt there is no doubt that the US reacted very slowly to the pandemic, you can’t compare cases to countries like Indonesia, India, etc because we have no idea how many cases there are in those countries,  they can’t afford the tests and costs of mobilization like the US can. 

i agree with a lot of what it was saying (only watched 5 mins ) but there were a lot of mistakes in there b

Arizona is opening back up as of May 16.  No peak, no indication of a peak, only 6% of the hospital beds in use are Covid related. About 7000 positive, and a little over 300 deaths statewide at this point, though no hard data related to senior care facilities and prisons......

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 6Pennies said:

Arizona is opening back up as of May 16.  No peak, no indication of a peak, only 6% of the hospital beds in use are Covid related. About 7000 positive, and a little over 300 deaths statewide at this point, though no hard data related to senior care facilities and prisons......

I would be surprised if states release covid related info for state institutions.  A lot of things happen behind bars that is ever released to the public, states keep that under raps and pretty much any info goes straight to family members.

But I am interested in the data as well

We're moving toward the same thing over here. Surveillance is key, heaps of testing and monitoring with a huge public awareness campaign with phased opening up.

If there is an outbreak, which there will be multiple, they have to be detected asap. Keeping the opening phased will keep the early outbreaks more easily contained and will stop the bulk of the idiots from thinking everything is ok again, let's all just go back to the cinemas, political rallies and never wash our hands again.

The difficulty for the US will in domestic travel from regional hotspots creating new outbreaks again and political actors looking to downplay outbreaks for fear of being made responsible for opening up early. (regardless whether they are responsible or not)

12 hours ago, ndv said:

I would be surprised if states release covid related info for state institutions.  A lot of things happen behind bars that is ever released to the public, states keep that under raps and pretty much any info goes straight to family members.

But I am interested in the data as well

Yep,  regardless though, for my own peace of mind, those infected in those populations are not out and about in the community. Though people who come into contact with them are....

Edited by 6Pennies

2 hours ago, 6Pennies said:

Yep,  regardless though, for my own peace of mind, those infected in those populations are not out and about in the community. Though people who come into contact with them are....

Exactly.  

2 hours ago, where said:

My exs grandma is a nurse and she just got put on a ventilator, she’s a dope lady really hoping she pulls through.

Prayer and positive thoughts to you.  One of my students is from the Navajo Nation.  Fifteen of his family members are positive.  His uncle passed away on Monday; his aunt recovered enough to be taken off of life support last night....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 6Pennies said:

Now we finally have acquired a large body of data that supports it.  Without the data,  the arguments were seemingly political....

I Think this is what a lot of the louder commentators in the media were ignoring. It's easy for people to make calls when they won't be held responsible should things go wrong. And whilst there were early signs of some trends, nobody actually knew the truth and therefore, we had little choice but to treat the virus as very serious.

The UK, the US and a couple of other countries were slow to respond and acted with less urgency, they now have much higher death rates than other countries.  (don't talk density and other BS excuses, Japan, Korea and Taiwan have greater density than the US and UK and they also copped the brunt of it well before the US did and they still have much, much lower fatalities per capita than the US does) In saying that though, for larger distances, such as the US, Australia, CHina, etc., a localised response to the kinds of restrictions on movement is obviously the best possible balance for economy and health.

1 hour ago, Hua Guofang said:

I Think this is what a lot of the louder commentators in the media were ignoring. It's easy for people to make calls when they won't be held responsible should things go wrong. And whilst there were early signs of some trends, nobody actually knew the truth and therefore, we had little choice but to treat the virus as very serious.

The UK, the US and a couple of other countries were slow to respond and acted with less urgency, they now have much higher death rates than other countries.  (don't talk density and other BS excuses, Japan, Korea and Taiwan have greater density than the US and UK and they also copped the brunt of it well before the US did and they still have much, much lower fatalities per capita than the US does) In saying that though, for larger distances, such as the US, Australia, CHina, etc., a localised response to the kinds of restrictions on movement is obviously the best possible balance for economy and health.

I still disagree with you. Asians have been regularly wearing masks for ages now. They also have a very stand offish society. I'd imagine there is also a lot of other cultural issues at play. There's really only a couple hotspots in the USA and in just about every case, you can identify what is likely driving the issue there if you understand the culture of that particular area. You can perhaps say that NYC has done a shit job, but to make allow NYC to define the entirely of the USA is just silly in this instance and in every other. NYC is its own thing and a far cry from America in general for just about every metric and characteristic you can come up with. As is California, which might have some similarity to other regions, but is also notable within the USA for not being very representative of most Americans / America.

So far the only thing that is surprising to me is that India didn't get hit hard and that the world seems to have accepted China's reporting. Latest stat out of NYC is that likely up top 30% of their 8.8 million people are currently infected, but I'd hardly point the finger at Trump for that. Dude is a retard and has proven it many times over during this fiasco, but considering that Governors could have all stepped up and started mobilizing responses like social distancing and masks, which in fact they all did since both NYC and CA took those steps before the Feds stepped in and shut things down, I can't see how its still being blamed on Trump being slow to respond. 

Not trying to convince you of anything and doubt you're trying to convince me, but I really have a tough time understanding how you keep thinking Trump fucked this whole thing up.

Obviously the national stockpile of PPE was fucked up. Started with the Obama administration and was never addressed by the Trump administration. Really, this was as much an issue of the individual hospitals and regions being unprepared as it was an issue at the national level. Next Trump got shit cause he fired the special counsel that existed for pandemics. Reality is we have the CDC and USAMRIID, both of which consists of thousands of people specifically tasked for exactly this, on top of the National Security Counsel, DHS and a host of other organizations put into place before or after 9/11 to handle national threats, of which bio terrorism was a major priority. I would sooner lay blame on why those thousands of workers were unable to assess and address the issue without having the president micro managing them or because 300 and some odd other people had earlier been let go. If anything, that shit show was a result of way too many cooks in the kitchen (ironically very similar to the 9/11 response) than the result of not enough staff or resource to address a concern / threat. As far as protocols for social distancing, shutting down gatherings or other vectors for infection, that is exactly what local government should be tasked with. Local government should be intimately familiar with local dynamics and best capable to mount a response. They should be reporting back to the president what's being done / planned, not sitting around like assholes waiting to be told what to do. Ironic when you consider the relationship between Cuomo and Trump that Cuomo can really stand there and say that NYC is a mess because Trump didn't step in and tell him what to do sooner.

• Like 1