Home Made Food Flex Off

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
19 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

i didnt want to cut them

https://www.amazon.com/Joyce-Chen-51-0220-Unlimited-Scissor/dp/B0000CFLH7

I cut the ends off and save them for stock with other chicken bones. I also like to break down wings and what not a little in order to make a more orderly and comfortable eating experience.

Edited by morton
  • Props 1

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

Any of you fucking with these things yet, I'm on an ingredient hunt right now for this shit. Looks fucking good.

If someone invites me to their home and serves goat I will chow down, but beyond that I don't really go in for it.

@Magnum OPiss

What with all the rabble regarding statues in recent months there was a petition to replace the statue of Cristopher Columbus in Cleveland's little Italy neighborhood with a statue of Ettore Boiardi AKA Chef Boyardee.

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

Jamaican and Haitian style goat for the win.  I don't make it myself often but will buy the Jamaican style a few times a year.  Haitian is harder to get, Montreal or NYC.  Had a take on sausage gravy and biscuits using goat that was also quite killer.  That thing above looks a bit too rich for my tastes.  Like I should finish the last bite and then go directly to my home toilet, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Just a few things from home. It's been weird not working during the pandemic shit. I have been in and out of love with cooking since the restaurant closed. I'm kinda bitter about the whole situation but, at the end of the day I get it. Got some sourdough (25% rye, 25% coarse wheat,50% white bread flour)

Linguini and clams, classic.

And prawn gyros

IMG_20200922_124049_772.jpg

IMG_20200920_221116_941.jpg

IMG_20200920_064705_523.jpg

• Like 2
  • Props 8

Like the bake on that loaf tho, cutting through something like that with a good knife feels so good. A thick slice of that toasted with butter, or home made jams is a good weekend snack for my wake and bake when I don't wake anyone up with pots & pans. We've fed course wheat into starter but haven't tried mixing in rye.

We wash and save all the glass jars we come across out of habit, and a neighbor of ours who makes jams couldn't get jars the other day and we hit her back with a few. She gave us a couple of free samples of her jam and holy shit is it good. Now we're customers, super fair price also can't complain. We all drop shit off in the front of each other's houses, no contact which sucks but it's worth it for the neighborhood barter come ups. Oven in the new place is been around the block, unbroken in by us so far so we've  been copping a lot of good homemade sourdough as well.

IMG_4972.thumb.jpeg.ded1bbf18c4e896e122cf16eaf98b0cf.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

@Mercer Thanks! I typically have used rye for the starter, gets really active really quick. Also gives it a heady sour, almost vinegary. If it gets too strong I'll use ap to kind of dull it out a bit. Still messing around though. Been trying to get it dialed in tough so I can use it in the restaurant once we re open. It would be nice to not have to buy in bread.

Edited by itsallafarce
  • Props 1

On 10/21/2020 at 8:12 PM, Mercer said:

Any of you fucking with these things yet, I'm on an ingredient hunt right now for this shit. Looks fucking good.

i got a buddy i used to work with doing pop ups with these tacos out here in chicago.. apparently hes been getting ALOT of attention and people are saying his are the bomb.. every time he does a pop up tho i have my son or some other shit going on but hes been doing them like every other weekend so hopefully the next pop up i can slide and grab some pics..

• Like 1