Home Made Food Flex Off

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Made a nice little diddy last night, poached chilean sea bass w/ mai fun noodles in a shitake and celery broth seasoned with a bit of fish sauce, finished with celery leaves, scallion, cilantro and fried garlic. It was a recipe out of a book my lady just picked up. Turned out pretty damn good. Name of the book is "Dining In." Gonna be doing a few outta this I think. 

PXL_20201207_034628691_MP.thumb.jpg.3f813d05094fea96e91e2fa5b9ae0235.jpgPXL_20201207_040727368_MP.thumb.jpg.034c9e54685e2567a85c9bca817dd40f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Props 4

On last night's episode of "Let's Fuckin Wing It", chicken tikka masala with peppers red onions and spinach over rice.. I added a decent amount of El Yucateco hot sauce for some extra spice and flavor.. I used the green one cause it has a subtle hint of lime or acidity kinda.. idk.. either way it came out fire.. 

IMG_20201207_214539.thumb.jpg.2dc1027c4ca767f59e8b565a7e0acec7.jpgIMG_20201114_135801.thumb.jpg.5d3037cfd527919ef228e7861b811f9d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • Props 2

presentation was less than ideal so no pics, but: made roasted eggplant tonight that was genuinely perfect. only ever had bad eggplant before. 

/nh at "only ever had bad eggplant"  

paired with: pan-seared chicken breast (harissa, paprika, cumin, lemon zest); homemade pickled red onion; homemade greek yogurt-dill-garlic sauce. 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • Pause 1

On 12/8/2020 at 3:32 PM, Tails0nE said:

On last night's episode of "Let's Fuckin Wing It", chicken tikka masala with peppers red onions and spinach over rice.. I added a decent amount of El Yucateco hot sauce for some extra spice and flavor.. I used the green one cause it has a subtle hint of lime or acidity kinda.. idk.. either way it came out fire.. 

IMG_20201207_214539.thumb.jpg.2dc1027c4ca767f59e8b565a7e0acec7.jpgIMG_20201114_135801.thumb.jpg.5d3037cfd527919ef228e7861b811f9d.jpg

yucateco is unstoppable, a god tier hot sauce 

• Props 1

5 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Yo @where and any other cooking people any idea why my stainless pan gets like that mid sauté every single time? Like the sticky brown burn like residue? It actually stains the pan. Am I just a retarded and it’s normal or am I doing something wrong or just junk pan??

Aint that from the onions?  They sweat and caramelize the more you cook them and the brown bits are from the sugars?

• Like 1

@NightmareOnElmStreet it looks like a combination of what OMB and Morton said, the ph of the pan could be on the high end and soaking it in a little vinegar for like 5 minutes after cleaning and then rinsing it off is good pan care but it could also be the Maillard reaction, when sugars attach to amino acids at +140 from those onions and a tbsp of water to deglaze the pan will help get those rich flavors off the pan and into whatever you’re cooking.

• Like 2
  • Props 1

4 hours ago, where said:

@NightmareOnElmStreet it looks like a combination of what OMB and Morton said, the ph of the pan could be on the high end and soaking it in a little vinegar for like 5 minutes after cleaning and then rinsing it off is good pan care but it could also be the Maillard reaction, when sugars attach to amino acids at +140 from those onions and a tbsp of water to deglaze the pan will help get those rich flavors off the pan and into whatever you’re cooking.

OD2m1LN.gif

• Truth 1

2 minutes ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

sautéed chicken breast, roasted eggplant, tahini. could be prettier 

FF97ECA2-B762-4FD5-A634-F9C991138E72.jpeg

Good healthy food flex, if you would have put tahini over those messy spots it would be higher production value, pro tip don’t replate just cover with little amounts of sauce.b Also cook some bulgar wheat with something like that unless you have dietary restrictions because it increases the uptake of the polysaccharides and aminos in that meal.

• Props 3