Home Made Food Flex Off

Mercer

SINCE IT’S A NEW PAGE, A FEW NIGHTS AGO, I MADE SPAGHETTI SQUASH ON THE GRILL TOOPED WITH A HOMEMADE BOLOGNESE TOPPED WITH PROVOLONE. (BOLOGNESE MADE WITH SAUSAGE, MUSH, CELERY, CARROT, ONION, GREEN BELL PEPPERS, GARLIC, ROMA TOMS AND CHEAP WHITE WINE) IT WAS FUCKING DELICIOUS. 

2B5633BC-4260-4CE1-8D63-B00ECBBC9CA5.jpeg

815F6707-1F0E-4F4C-BD1A-C731885444AC.jpeg

E4DDDF4E-8F6B-4235-B467-75562CB7E618.jpeg

4BCF9892-8AF8-40DD-95E6-49BD77ED426E.jpeg

Edited by DETO
  • Like 3
  • Props 6

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, One Man Banned said:

Sweet move there, I like it.

I want to know what everyone thinks that label on the right hand side of pic 3 says.

I'm going to go with "100% That Bitch"

Hahaha it does. It’s some black owned candle company my wife buys candles from. We have one that says Man Cave and Unicorn Love or some shit. 

4 hours ago, DETO said:

Hahaha it does. It’s some black owned candle company my wife buys candles from. We have one that says Man Cave and Unicorn Love or some shit. 

That's kind of funny because I thought I was totally wrong and it was going to say some kind of butter or something along those lines.  

That may have shown up in a pic you've posted before, may be how I got it right.

• Props 1

Been making some thangs, made coq au vin the other day for a friend. Her husband just had shoulder surgery and my lady thought it would be nice to whip up some dinner for them since she has her hands pretty full. Don't have finished pictures though. The fish is steamed mahi with spinach, zucchini, oyster mushroom and prawn broth.

PXL_20201105_191128580.MP.jpg

PXL_20201105_192536902.MP.jpg

PXL_20201105_200427711.MP.jpg

PXL_20201107_011330729.MP.jpg

PXL_20201107_014804263.MP.jpg

• Like 1
  • Props 6

On 11/4/2020 at 10:26 AM, DETO said:

SINCE IT’S A NEW PAGE, A FEW NIGHTS AGO, I MADE SPAGHETTI SQUASH ON THE GRILL TOOPED WITH A HOMEMADE BOLOGNESE TOPPED WITH PROVOLONE. (BOLOGNESE MADE WITH SAUSAGE, MUSH, CELERY, CARROT, ONION, GREEN BELL PEPPERS, GARLIC, ROMA TOMS AND CHEAP WHITE WINE) IT WAS FUCKING DELICIOUS. 

2B5633BC-4260-4CE1-8D63-B00ECBBC9CA5.jpeg

815F6707-1F0E-4F4C-BD1A-C731885444AC.jpeg

E4DDDF4E-8F6B-4235-B467-75562CB7E618.jpeg

4BCF9892-8AF8-40DD-95E6-49BD77ED426E.jpeg

Mega props on the spaghetti squash, one of my favorites.

IMG_5277.thumb.jpeg.e7f38cb547d8e96dcbb5d9d948aff51b.jpeg

Got home from work today, wife killed it tonight with this spicy shrimp with harissa dip (Recipe from NYT App).

IMG_5278.thumb.jpeg.5372404d0a2bd68edae453f651554041.jpeg

Fucking delicious, especially the tortilla Española aka potato omelet bottom right.

IMG_5280.thumb.jpeg.241fa3e105bd19814f87f5027a32c40c.jpeg

Then she told me she paid $20 for this "slate cheese tray" AKA roofing motherfucking shingle, probably "repurposed" by a Brooklyn hipster. She took the bus today to pick up this fresh blue corn polenta sourdough bread that was baked today locally for the grey market.

All and all an excellent, might start my own "slate cheese tray" company after checking prices at the roofing supply house.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 6

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMG_5277.thumb.jpeg.e7f38cb547d8e96dcbb5d9d948aff51b.jpeg

Got home from work today, wife killed it tonight with this spicy shrimp with harissa dip (Recipe from NYT App).

IMG_5278.thumb.jpeg.5372404d0a2bd68edae453f651554041.jpeg

Fucking delicious, especially the tortilla Española aka potato omelet bottom right.

IMG_5280.thumb.jpeg.241fa3e105bd19814f87f5027a32c40c.jpeg

Then she told me she paid $20 for this "slate cheese tray" AKA roofing motherfucking shingle, probably "repurposed" by a Brooklyn hipster. She took the bus today to pick up this fresh blue corn polenta sourdough bread that was baked today locally for the grey market.

All and all an excellent, might start my own "slate cheese tray" company after checking prices at the roofing supply house.

Ooooh that looks good and presented so well

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mercer said:

Mega props on the spaghetti squash, one of my favorites.

Another dish we make with spaghetti squash is mix it with garbanzo beans, kale, roasted red bell peppers, red chili flakes, lemon juice, olive oil and Parmesan. 

• Like 1

i just woke up and jesus christ im fucking hungry now.. you guys are killing it especially that spaghetti squash that shit looks soooo good... i always wanted to try and make spaghetti squash but our oven doesnt work every time we try and use it the alarm goes off and my girl refuses to ask our landlord for a fix or new one because of her anxiety and "i just feel like im bothering people i dont wanna bother anyone" 🙄🤦‍♂️

@Merceryeah that roof shingle is some achatz michellin star boojie shit.. when i worked at one of my last jobs Next and The Aviary next door always had some stupid ass plateware and glasses.. some of the glasses n shit were cool others were just like wtf.. like "oh this is some grilled chicken with a balsamic ginger root reduction also we took the gene from black peppercorns broke it down into molecules infued with hibiscus and freeze dried into a crumble we sprinkled on top, presented to you ON A BIG RAGGEDY ASS PIECE OF FUCKING WOOD WE GOT FROM THE PALLETS IN THE BACK ALLEY" you could make a killing selling shit like that tho these people would eat that up.. literally..

• Truth 2

PXL_20201120_023235358_MP.thumb.jpg.27ee3ef8ce2bf09dcab1cb7d6d1fe218.jpgsmoked trout and 6 minute egg tartine, salad of celery, onion, caper berries and herbs.PXL_20201120_032130937_MP.thumb.jpg.ecb369333ba46ba219d9513638bf7301.jpg

Angel hair with clams, prawns and baby kale. Good amount of shallot, garlic and chili flakes in the sauce that I made with the clam liquor, cream and egg yolk. Similar to a carbonara. Been struggling in the kitchen a bit. Been hard to get motivated these days, what do you guys do for motivation? (aside from just being hungry)

• Like 2
  • Props 1

I like exploring different cuisines, trying to make shit I haven't before or trying to make someone's culture's cuisine and getting it right.  Also w/ covid and all, trying to recreate shit I would have gone out for in the past.  Special occasions to work for, or challenges like what can I make that's grab & go for when I'm on the road.  I've made more main courses than desserts, so trying to expand my wheelhouse.  Big no homo to start but I like smoking meats, but there's so much other shit you can smoke like nuts, cheese.......

• Like 1
  • Props 3

well from what i got from the video they're just some mashed potatoes some famous french chef dude made that he was well known for i guess.. basically he boiled the potatoes with the skin, peeled them once they were done boiling then put them through a ricer.. i guess the ricer breaks it down super tiny but breaks up the starch a bit as well where as a food processor would make it more stringy.. something to do with the blades breaking it up the way that they do.. then you add butter and add milk, wisk, then you put it through a fine mesh sieve to make it fluffy and creamy.. the trick though is to use ratte potatoes instead of your ordinary potato because i guess they're more waxy and buttery in texture than regular ones which might come out more clumpy i guess..

so basically yeah, they're just mashed potatoes some famous french dude made..

• Like 1