What's The Last Movie You Saw: The Sequel

shaolinmasta

8 minutes ago, STYLEISKING said:

the new era of Star Wars is just doing it for me...i really tried

I actually enjoyed Force Awakens. Lots of action, some humor, liked the new characters, thought the old ones were awesome in their appearances. Kind of fell apart from there, but Solo was a step back in the right direction. 

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
21 hours ago, misteraven said:

Solo. Was pretty good. Far better than Last Jedi, which straight sucked IMO.

FR? Straight opposite for me. I felt Last Jedi was much darker in tone and gave the franchise a much needed breath of fresh air. Closing the old arch and starting a new one. Id wanted to see those praetorian guards fight since the OG trilogy. I liked it.

I felt Solo had no real consistency or story. It was just going through the motions and by the end there I was bored to tears. Never been a huge SW fan or anything but that was my take as a casual fan of the IP.

Barbecue should be considered a universal language throughout different cultures. It doesn’t necessarily mean you’re cooking in the same style, or even the same animal, but the concept has been laid out universally as a way to mingle with friends, family and tradition. Most American’s immediately think Texas when they hear the word “barbecue.”  However, what comes to a Syrians mind when they hear the same word and act on the concept? A new Netflix documentary “Barbecue” has you covered.

A film told in 13 languages, from Texas to the Syrian border, from ‘Shisanyama’ to ‘Lechon’, Barbecue is a film about the simple truths in life that bring people together, and how barbecue is a path to salvation. The latest Netflix food documentary made it’s premier at South by Southwest (SXSW) festival in Austin, TX at the beginning of the year, but has now found a way into the Netflix family of documentaries. I can say from experience that’s it’s a huge eye-opener for anyone who likes to stay within the cbarbecue-food-documentary-netflix.jpg.7b574317274ffc07503f648bcec35231.jpgonfines of their little bubble. Get out there and eat some damn good barbecue; no matter where or who you’re eating it with!

• Like 1

On 7/12/2018 at 5:09 PM, misteraven said:

Solo. Was pretty good. Far better than Last Jedi, which straight sucked IMO.

Though Lando was the same stupid character he was in the old ones and definitely not deserving of his own spinoff, so not mad it got cancelled.

Boba Fett would have been cool though.

Boba Fett would be really rad. I wasn’t thrilled when Disney got Star Wars but I feel like they have done a pretty decent job with it.

I feel like Lucas should have condensed episode 1 and 2 and spent more time on 3. Vader made the switch to the dark side a little too quick and it didn’t seem like much of a struggle. 

I didn’t hate the last Jedi. I feel like Disney is doing their best to kill off - in a tasteful way - all the characters and contracts of the old regime while moving the story forward. 

I want to see them do justice to the old Thrawn book series. My other Star Wars request is for them to go back and do the Darth Bane trilogy. 

Mostly they are keeping things light and fun. I hope they don’t over Disney it and push more princess agenda. 

11 minutes ago, STYLEISKING said:

ok ill check it out...

If you like heist movies maybe you'll like it. Its got a bit of humor in it but it works. The cinematography really shines. Its got a cool style to it

Its with that strange looking kid from The Killing of a Sacred Deer.

Edited by Kults

8 hours ago, Brink said:

Just re-watched the Hateful Eight... 

what  a damn film

Fr? I couldn't get into it. Everything Tarantino post Jackie Brown just doesn't do it for me. I feel he's gotten so pretentious and his more recent works are a forced pastiche of what he used to do subtly. He's so self aware now it feels to me like he lays it on too thick just cause he knows his fans will eat it up as "classic Tarantino"