What's The Last Movie You Saw: The Sequel

shaolinmasta

7 minutes ago, +plus+ said:

I just watched that deer hunter Russian roulette scene last night ha

I need to watch the new Halloween, I have heard mixed reviews on Vice

heard it doesn't quite capture the energy as well as "The Big Short" did? 

Never saw the big short. I thought the acting and pacing were really dreadful and it had a clear Hollywood liberal bias; all Republicans BAD, women should have had access to power sooner etc. It was really transparent and kind of boring.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Just now, +plus+ said:

to be fair IDK what you expected going to see that 

The whole movie kind of supposed to be about Dick Cheney and his shenanigans 

I've always been intrigued by his mysteriousness 

I have heard the pacing is rough 

I didnt "go" see it. I streamed it. I dunno, W. avoided that pitfall, I really liked that one. Shenanigans are what I wanted. What I got was a lecture, not my idea of entertainment.

Ah that makes more sense. Kind of browbeat with the films message rather than showing and letting the viewer reach their own conclusions? 

I was hoping for more shenanigans and perhaps a dark and partially comedic take on the whole Halliburton, Iraq buggaloo?

6 minutes ago, +plus+ said:

Ah that makes more sense. Kind of browbeat with the films message rather than showing and letting the viewer reach their own conclusions? 

I was hoping for more shenanigans and perhaps a dark and partially comedic take on the whole Halliburton, Iraq buggaloo?

Exactly that.

No subtlety at all, just beating you over the head with the message. I'm sure it will cater to those of a similar mind, I just felt as a movie, it didn't work. Steve Carell as Rumy had a few funny moments but ultimately even that fell short. Ya I didn't make it far enough to see the Haliburton days, the movie keeps jumping between him as a young drunk and then him as VP.

Was all over the place.

E:  almost forgot.. The movie starts with a disclaimer : 'We have no idea what we're talking about but we did our best!! He's just *so* secretive' ?

Edited by Kults

2 minutes ago, +plus+ said:

Yea it was more about the banks being fuckers and the guys figuring out what was up before everyone else. 

Stever Carell nailed the role.

Has anyone seen Holmes and Watson? getting absolutely hammered in reviews lol 

Hes usually really good. I really liked him in Fox Catcher. Haven't seen any reviews for that. cant stand Cumbersnatch anyway so its an automatic pass from me. I do like the guy playing Watson tho, he was great in Fargo

54 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

So didn't/wouldn't watch?

I didn't go into this without much more than general storyline and Spike Lee.  Did not choose on basis of Spike Lee but maybe expected more because of it.

I got about 25 mins in. Denzels son cant act his way out of a wet paper bag and the 'you're all a bunch or waccists' schtick got old quick.

I haven't enjoyed a Spike Lee joint since Inside Man. I think Peele is laughable, he made a career ragging on blk stereotypes,  now all of a sudden hes the second coming of film and all his movies lean on the assumtpion that Americans are all despicable racists? Fuck that clown.

3 hours ago, Kults said:

I liked it was pretty good. Ive always liked Redford and Im a sucker for heist movies.

Somewhat the same.

But on another note, lol, how the fuck you seen every movie everyone's seen and not posted about them?

Been thinking about Stand Off at Sparrow Creek.  Never saw the Papillon remake if you caught that.  Kults Ebert got to give some thumbs up/down in here. 

16 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Somewhat the same.

But on another note, lol, how the fuck you seen every movie everyone's seen and not posted about them?

Been thinking about Stand Off at Sparrow Creek.  Never saw the Papillon remake if you caught that.  Kults Ebert got to give some thumbs up/down in here. 

I watch a ton of movies lol I prefer 70s-90s era ones but I’ve seen most of the ones I have interest in multiple times now. So I take the dip on the modern ones even though most of them leave me disappointed. Too much exhibition, special effects and reliance on name actors to sell it. I miss the nuance of a good story told subtly. 

Havent seem the papillon remake yet, the OG is special though. Hoffman is hit or miss for me over the years but McQueen was as good as it got. The guys a legend.

Stand off looks solid, def on my short list but haven’t gotten around to that one yet. Couple choice actors I like in there, like that weird looking dude that’s in all the David Lynch movies/shows. His name escapes me atm but the dude in Mulholland Drive that sees the.. creature behind the dumpster.

David Chase announced a Sopranos prequel movie yesterday; The Saints of Newark

Nostalgia is strong for that series so I’m curious but these things rarely turn out well. Could cheapen the legacy if they botch It. They got Michael Gandolfini ( James’ son) to play Tony so that’s at least kinda cool. He was good in The Deuce. Looking forward to a teaser so we can get a feel for the vibe they’re gonna go with.

Edited by Kults

9 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Heard that too.  Could be good.

Im hopeful. I love that series. In my top 5 of all time for sure. PLz plz plz dont let this suck.

Also, I wonder whos gonna play Tony B, a young looking Steve Buscemi is gonna be hard to find lol Also willing to bet they let the guy that played Pauly reprise the role ( he doesnt age and looked ancient even back then)

Edited by Kults