What's The Last Movie You Saw: The Sequel

shaolinmasta

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, One Man Banned said:

Ending could have been just a bit stronger IMO but yeah, was pretty good, didn't feel like I wasted my time.  

Thats enough for me these days. Ill check it out.

They dont make em like they used to thats for sure. The bar is so low for new movies its literally that, did I make it to the end without dying of boredom? I guess its alright

Just now, CALIgula said:

Agreed!

Although, now that im older i recognize cheesy parts that I didn't notice when i was younger. 

...and really bad acting. 

I had a hard time rewatching the American Ninja movies i loved so much as a kid. 

Thats the rub isn't it. They were at least self aware then.. not so much in the newer stuff. The acting is just as cheesy except they try to mask it with boring special effects. I can count the movies Ive liked in the last 5 years on two hands.

• Truth 1

Once again, agreed!

I can count on one hand the movies ive liked in the past 5 years and they haven't even been mainstream movies... I'm more about the storyline, plot, character development and great acting more than special effects. 

That's why i hold movies like a bronx take and shawshank redemption over movies like avatar or the newer terminator movies.

Give me a good story!.. Hollywood has ran out of ideas... I'd rather they take classic movies (I'm talking movies from the 20s and 30s) and put a modern spin on the story rather than recycle more recent classics (like those from the 80s.. karate kid being one)

• Props 1

We're definitely on the same page. I'm running out of older stuff to watch that interests me. When i do stumble on an older gem these days I savor it.

Def with you on remaking the golden era stuff. They've tried over the years but it just seems to flop. Universal monster series was supposed to be revived but The Mummy was supposed to be the big kick off and it flopped so hard the rest are just kind of dead in the water.

T3 with Arnie, Furlong and Hamilton looks good. Cameron is back too. One of the few modern sequels that looks like it could be good. New Reitman (Ivan's Son) Ghostbusters on the way as well...after that last one it wouldn't take much 

• Truth 1

Just now, CALIgula said:

I didn't know Furlong was back in it. I saw Hamilton in the trailer. 

Glad to see Cameron back, even though ive heard he's a dick irl

Im sure he is. After the mess they made of the IP though Im glad hes back at the helm and correcting the course after all these years. Fingers crossed. 

Ya the Furlong thing really sold me. He IS John Connor to me, no other casting would cut it.

Same here, there can't be any other John Connor.

TERMINATOR 2 is still my favorite of the series. 

On a side note I have a really good terminator genysis poster that I got for free from a VIP tour of the paramount studios in L.A.

A couple of months later i picked my mom up from a restaurant where Arnold was at eating lunch (she got a picture with him)... I'm still kicking myself for not going back home 10 minutes away and returning to get my poster signed. 

Could've made some ebay money

• Like 1

Same though. T2 > The rest. T1 gives it a good run though. I liked most of the others, including Genesis, they're just not on the same 10/10 level as the first two. 

Bale as Connor was OK but again, its Furlong or nothing. He's nice n fat and all coked out now too..I could totally picture that happening to JC lol

I mean, i would be coked out if i went through what John Connor went through lol

Then again, I'd also have a war against the machines to fight.. I'd want to be focused Haha

On a side note, i watched T2 when it first came out (i was 12) in the movie theaters. I was visiting my cousin in l.a. and we watched it at the Northridge mall... the same place the motorcycle chase through the mall parking lot occurred... so when we came out of the movie, we were literally parked where that scene was shot. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

21 minutes ago, CALIgula said:

I mean, i would be coked out if i went through what John Connor went through lol

Then again, I'd also have a war against the machines to fight.. I'd want to be focused Haha

On a side note, i watched T2 when it first came out (i was 12) in the movie theaters. I was visiting my cousin in l.a. and we watched it at the Northridge mall... the same place the motorcycle chase through the mall parking lot occurred... so when we came out of the movie, we were literally parked where that scene was shot. 

Youre fuckin shitting me...thats fuckin cool. What a memory

• Like 1

Not as cool as it seems to be...i was 12 and my cousin was 14, so we had to go watch the movie with my parents and his parents (my mom and his mom being sisters).

Anyways, watching an R rated movie with your parents can be awkward at times. 

Like the part where Sarah Connor gets her face licked by the mental hospital employee. LoL

• LOL! 1

Saw T2 and the original IT one the same day when i was 6. Older neighborhood kid tried to scare me with IT, i thought it was cool. Funny enough when the reboot came out he contacted me about how excited he was and asked if i remembered when he tried to scare me, ha.

last movie i saw was Lion King though, disappointing. 

50 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

Saw T2 and the original IT one the same day when i was 6. Older neighborhood kid tried to scare me with IT, i thought it was cool. Funny enough when the reboot came out he contacted me about how excited he was and asked if i remembered when he tried to scare me, ha.

last movie i saw was Lion King though, disappointing. 

I saw IT on TV during its original run. Ngl I was way too young to watch that and it really fucked with me for awhile.

2 minutes ago, Kults said:

I saw IT on TV during its original run. Ngl I was way too young to watch that and it really fucked with me for awhile.

If I walk by one of those sewer drains.. I’d be lying if i said i didn’t look twice.  

A lot of the other shit never bothered me though. 

• Truth 1

6 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

If I walk by one of those sewer drains.. I’d be lying if i said i didn’t look twice.  

A lot of the other shit never bothered me though. 

The part that stayed with me was the abandoned pumping station in that no mans land