What's The Last Movie You Saw: The Sequel

shaolinmasta

19 hours ago, Kults said:

Fr? I couldn't get into it. Everything Tarantino post Jackie Brown just doesn't do it for me. I feel he's gotten so pretentious and his more recent works are a forced pastiche of what he used to do subtly. He's so self aware now it feels to me like he lays it on too thick just cause he knows his fans will eat it up as "classic Tarantino"

I dont know, the dialogue and detail of the hateful eight is just extremely capturing for me. Every little piece of information matters in the overall plot 

• Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 minute ago, Brink said:

I dont know, the dialogue and detail of the hateful eight is just extremely capturing for me. Every little piece of information matters in the overall plot 

Cant argue that. The details in his films are great. Cinematography always on point too. I just think he's overrated.

13 minutes ago, Brink said:

Tarantino is without a doubt overrated, I honestly this Pulp Fiction is just an OK movie

That one, reservoir dogs and Jackie Brown are the only three of his I enjoy and could watch repeatedly. Once Kill Bill came out he lost me. Agreed that PF is overrated too but at least it was fresh when it came out. At least I felt it was.

2 hours ago, Kults said:

That one, reservoir dogs and Jackie Brown are the only three of his I enjoy and could watch repeatedly. Once Kill Bill came out he lost me. Agreed that PF is overrated too but at least it was fresh when it came out. At least I felt it was.

Pulp Fiction was an important film just in terms of its effect on the industry. I think Hateful Eight and Inglorious were the only other 2 that stood out. Kill bill was just a bit excessive

• Truth 1

17 minutes ago, +plus+ said:

That new jurassic world movie was weird. It was like two movies.

All of a sudden they are in this mansion's underground dinosaur lair where these comically evil guys are buying dinos as weaponry? 

I tried to like it, just couldn't. Enough with these remakes and sequels to classics ugh. Hollywood cant seem to come up with an original concept to save their lives

1 hour ago, One Man Banned said:

Like I said, I was entertained for the time, good value for the few bucks I spent.  I didn't say it was the type of movie you watch and rewatch or anything. 

All good, happy you enjoyed it. I didn't think it was bad or anything just felt it was pretty generic, lost interest about halfway through. The Polybius arcade cabinet at the bowling alley was a nice touch

Yeaj yeah.  I liked the 80s references and I like some serial killer stuff so this was cool to me because it indirectly referenced some things.   It felt like a cross between It and something like Superbad.  To each their own.

More for the doc thread I was thinking about where you're from and remembering that last time I was in your area they had a cool free movie library where you went in and could watch shit for free in singles or doubles chairs.  Discovered a mad amount of really cool docs and shit that I might never of heard of because they were made in CAN or elsewhere.  Point being, if you've seen any cool docs, or maybe even movies, from your area, shout them out here or the doc thread.

• Props 1

Yeaj yeah.  I liked the 80s references and I like some serial killer stuff so this was cool to me because it indirectly referenced some things.   It felt like a cross between It and something like Superbad.  To each their own.

Ya I can get that.

More for the doc thread I was thinking about where you're from and remembering that last time I was in your area they had a cool free movie library where you went in and could watch shit for free in singles or doubles chairs.  Discovered a mad amount of really cool docs and shit that I might never of heard of because they were made in CAN or elsewhere.  Point being, if you've seen any cool docs, or maybe even movies, from your area, shout them out here or the doc thread.

Will do. I go here http://www.banq.qc.ca/accueil/index.html?language_id=1 to rent rarer DVDs. We had a small hole in the wall spot called the Black Box that used to rent obscure VHS tapes, shame they closed. I mostly just do some research and find the stuff I want to watch online though.

Here's a bonus in terms of MTL 'docs'... See the city through a local 80s crackhead's eyes

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw Black Panther on Netflix. Almost unwatchable, it was so bad. Reminded me of the last Avengers movie that was almost as bad. 

Wondering if the issue is im finally becoming an adult or something cause I don’t get how those movies are setting box office records that are centered on how they crashed and burned. 

@metronomeI don't recall any subtitles in mine, might be your version or turn them off in options.  

Started watching Black Panther the other day.  Did not finish yet, no rush, but I didn't think it was horrible.  Was never into the comic character, feel it was a less popular character overall, so went into BP with low expectations.  Def not anything worth owning but will finish watching.

10 hours ago, misteraven said:

Just saw Black Panther on Netflix. Almost unwatchable, it was so bad. Reminded me of the last Avengers movie that was almost as bad. 

Wondering if the issue is im finally becoming an adult or something cause I don’t get how those movies are setting box office records that are centered on how they crashed and burned. 

I cant do the Super Hero movies. They just bore me to tears, same with all the Transformers and Michael Bay schlock.