What's The Last Movie You Saw: The Sequel

shaolinmasta

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
26 minutes ago, Kults said:

Did you like it? I saw it last year and it didnt do much for me. Not really a WD fan and feel he doesn't translate well to the big screen.

I guess I was able to sit through 90 minutes without problem and didn't feel cheated but wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it either.  It's kind of a slow moving train, although I'd personally prefer an actual slow moving train.  You would be better off watching No Country For Old Men once or twice, or Hell Or High Water maybe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, One Man Banned said:

I guess I was able to sit through 90 minutes without problem and didn't feel cheated but wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it either.  It's kind of a slow moving train, although I'd personally prefer an actual slow moving train.  You would be better off watching No Country For Old Men once or twice, or Hell Or High Water maybe.

Felt very much the same way. Wasn't bad or anything just very paint by the numbers. And absolutely both HoHW and NCfOM are on another level completely. Guilty of watching both of those way too many times.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched the new Halloween last night. Best one since Halloween 3 imo. Really captures the vibe of the originals and continues where the story left off. Disregards all the schlock sequels from the last 20 years. A great return to form. I recommend it.

61PMwTwTnaL._SY741_.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

watched a ton of movies recently, but havent posted here in a while.

the last one i saw was The 15:17 to Paris directed by clint eastwood.

i guess i should give it a good review because they are my city's "hometown heroes" but quite frankly the movie sucked.

waiting for clint eastwoods next movie though.....its called "The Mule" i think.

still want to go see the hate u give, bohemian rhapsody, green book, and Ralph breaks the internet.

09-the-favorite.w1200_h630.thumb.jpg.01002762fd9d92d3758f6aade50ebd9e.jpg

I watched The Favorite last night and Holy Shit, I already thought of Yorgos Lanthimos as the most interesting director working today but this solidifies him as My Favorite (see what I did there)

Olivia Colman's performance was award worthy, not to detract from the other 2 main characters who were also fantastic. All side characters were interesting. It was hilarious, and dark.

This is way more accessible than his other films (Dogtooth, The Lobster, The Killing of a Sacred Deer) but still manages to keep his aesthetic. This man is a master.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

image.thumb.png.56501b7b32b3a29d586961519873abd2.png

Some great scenery.  Interesting concept played out across several vignettes.  Don't feel like I wasted my time, but did feel the movie becomes less and less as it progressed, a candle burning down and out.

Well put. It was cool up to a point but it def overstays it’s welcome.

I tried watching Vice last night. Garbage. I got an hour in and just couldn't take it anymore. Shame cause I really like Christian Bale but this ones a stinker. W. with Brolin was great though I liked that one.

Vice.jpg

Edited by Kults