What's The Last Movie You Saw: The Sequel

shaolinmasta

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the 1960's version of The Miracle worker with patty duke as helen keller

51731T0F6BL.jpg.1ff0fe89292a46a2d4804aff07a561d1.jpg

they made us watch this when i was in elementary school...had to be 2nd or 3rd grade...i only remembered the food scene because all the kids in my class were laughing at it and i found it oddly disturbing.

saw that it was coming on turner classic movies channel and set a recording and watched it...didnt know it was adapted from the tv series which was adapted from a play which was adapted from keller's autobiography

“Perhaps the strangest thing about this illusion of control is not that it happens but that it seems to confer many of the psychological benefits of genuine control. In fact, the one group of people who seem generally immune to this illusion are the clinically depressed, who tend to estimate accurately the degree to which they can control events in most situations.”

Daniel M. Gilbert, Stumbling on Happiness

Trainspotting 2, wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised.

Watched The Interview. Started up kind of funny but could not hold that together for the rest of the movie. Some enhancements from beer and such may have made it seem funnier at first. Think that group of guys like Franco and Rogen have been made fun of a lot for being homos with each other. Beginning of the movie they poked fun at that, thought hey, it's good they have a sense of humor about it. But then it became an ongoing and escalating thing in the movie like a bad Saturday Night Live sketch that beats a joke to death and keeps going, unaware of when to stop. End impression, they are homos. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Movie provided some entertainment but nothing worth owning or watching again. If you haven't seen it, you're not missing much.

• 4 weeks later...

MV5BMjE4NzgzNzEwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTMzMDE0NjE@.thumb.jpg.97217082b62e2ec585abfd942e0c7922.jpg

Was pretty cool, can't remember if this was based on a true story. Enjoyed either way, some similarity to the book The Collector except that it doesn't show the guy's POV. You couldn't tell from the trailer but the movie is more focused on the kid and his adjustment during/after. Thought the acting was good.

• Like 1

Anomalisa_poster.jpg.d107f1b93c1161c701f63d09b1c476f2.jpg

Weird? Animated film that tries to portray the humanness of the main character. I think that only 3 people did all the voices, odd at times because a female character might sound a bit masculine, or a child might sound adult. Includes an animated sex scene. Movie was in some ways cool/interesting, and in other ways just strange and ending without anything feeling quite resolved.

• 4 weeks later...

27446.jpg.d78c5fbc964230a35265cc1436f7cfac.jpg

I was pretty happy with this. Been a Wolverine fan since I was a little kid. Of course some liberties are taken, such is the nature of films like this. Very happy they committed to the R-rating though. The violence was what it was supposed to be for him. Entertaining, but not life changing.

I decided to remember James Bond movies. Yesterday watched Die Another Day. Really enjoy these kinds of action movies with beautiful girls, luxury yachts and houses. Googled information about the geography of the story, found that this villa in Spain https://tranio.com/spain/adt/1294890/ was filmed in one of James Bond movies and is now for sale, I can’t actually figure in where it was, but it looks very inviting :smiley:

• 2 weeks later...

780061894_silence_poster.jpgitokAaY9Wudz.jpg.2a532a88303735f435ca5fdd1d784c3b.jpg

I loved the book. And while this remained relatively true to it, I'm not totally convinced it needed to be a movie at all.

When initially cast it was supposed to Daniel Day Lewis, not Neeson, and I think it would have benefited greatly had it stayed that way. There are some decidedly slow and brutal scenes of torture that were more brutal than my imagination had been when reading it.

That said: It is a good, slow movie.

Side note: it pisses me off that a promo image like this doesn't have Shusaku Endo's name anywhere legible.

[ATTACH=full]228540[/ATTACH]

I was pretty happy with this. Been a Wolverine fan since I was a little kid. Of course some liberties are taken, such is the nature of films like this. Very happy they committed to the R-rating though. The violence was what it was supposed to be for him. Entertaining, but not life changing.

Stopped following comics when Marvel got greedy and made every title in their arsenal cross over with each other so did not know the story in advance.

Just watched this 2 days in a row. Agreed not life changing, but the R and the violence was proper enough, especially with the 1st scene and the slo-mo seizure scene. Pretty much how Wolverine should have been from the beginning except it would have overshadowed everything else they did with the X-Men if they had come out swinging like this.

Minor bummer with the movie- no Stan Lee cameo. Guess in theaters Stan Lee appeared after the trailers but before the actual movie starts.