Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 07/27/2018 in all sections

1. Achievement Unlocked: Computer Archaeologist -- You have found files you haven't seen in nearly a decade buried on your computer.
    2 points
  2. More like two days in pies Foggy morning lunch - Viet roll - the patty was a little dry think it had been in the warmer too long. got home to a present from a mate overseas. Another one for the collection.
    2 points
  3. @RASKYwhy don’t you ask your homie?
    2 points
  4. Why protect yourself? Google logs and analyzes so much information about a chrome user's browsing habits, it can tell who they are, out of billions of people, without even needing them to log in most of the time. A lot more than targeting an advertisement can be done with your browsing history and info which is stored indefinitely. Along with the companies that pay to access this info, random google employees/contractor, hackers, or even government representative with no warrant can access it, and potentially know you better than you know yourself. With that said, the browsers that don't log user info also aren't safe. Most sites, and the advertisements on them run so much javascript they don't even need to have access to your browser's source code to track your browsing habits, and build psychological profiles. What happens to all this data? Some is used to build profiles for highly profitable targeted advertisements. For example, the department store Target uses a system to identify pregnancies, using simple inputs like buying unscented lotion, and other small innocent factors. They can predict with a great degree of accuracy when a woman has entered the 2nd trimester of pregnancy. They send her targeted coupons so she'll start buying things like diapers and potentially become a lifelong repeat shopper at a time when her spending habits have the greatest potential for change. Other things can be done with your browsing/shopping data. For example, if you pissed off the wrong person in the government, your data can be used to build a profile and find anything possible to against you. Roger Ver once made a speech condemning the ATF. Little did he know there was a group of ATF agents in the audience. They basically investigated him by building a profile of all his online activity, found he was a prominent Ebayer and looked at everything he sold, eventually finding commonly availiable firecrackers that he sold, commonly used to scare of birds. This somehow violated a bullshit law and they ended up using this info to send him to federal prison for a little over a year. Considering many ebayer's sold these, along with sporting goods stores like Cabellas wasn't important, this was clearly targeted enforcement. Basically, everything you do online can also be used to build a psychological profile on you, and you can also be targeted for mind control techniques to influence your political views like in the Cambridge Analytica scandal. With that said, protecting yourself from data collection is more important than most people realize. Protecting Yourself 101: Download and use the Brave Browser, it blocks all advertisements by default, no plugin needed. Unlike Adblock, it doesn't sell a backdoor to advertisers to circumvent their block and serve you the advertisements, and deliver harmful tracking scripts. It blocks everything by default which can sometimes fuck up the way a site works/looks, but you can obviously choose to lower your shields if you trust/need the website that's fucked up. They even have iphone/android apps.It also uses https:// everywhere it can as opposed to http:// Erase any unnecessary personal data stored by google by going here: https://myaccount.google.com/dashboard It will give you a list of google services you use, go through and delete anything you feel isn't in your best interest for them to have. Stop using spyware like Google Chrome/Safari, and most other browsers that send google/apple your data in the background. Even Firefox is questionable these days and the need for add ons like ad blocking software etc. lowers the chance of spyware being slipped in. If you must use social media, try to keep your accounts unlinked, and for gods sake delete any app from your phone that you're not using. I have a special browser I use that's built into my password manager on my phone that I'll log in and out of facebook if needed,. The app itself sends data in all day, even when you're not using the app. Keep unnecessary apps to a minimum on your mobile. There's currently a lawsuit against Bose(I should get in on it) because they used their iphone app to listen in on your conversations via bluetooth connection to make a little extra money on the side selling their customers data for targeted adds. Ever had a conversation about a topic and get an advertisement for a related product immediately afterword? Start using duck duck go as your default search engine. It's as good as google 99% of the time but without the intrusive strings attached, and without logging your data. If you look at anything like anti government sites, anything involving illegal stuff like the dark web, or something you don't want to run the risk of the government, your ISP, or anyone else finding out use TOR, what TOR is is complicated but I've dropped a video below that explains it more. Use a VPN, I'm using Nord VPN, paid $99 for the 3 year plan and can't complain. Protip: If you're using the brave browser just click: [ File > New Private Tab With TOR ] and boom, you're now browsing using TOR. Brave Browser: A video explaining the future features coming to the Brave Browser: I'll probably edit this later to add/clarify some points.
    1 point
  5. Knew a lot of the same people that knew Dan Wolf back in the day. Needless to say, when this video dropped and finally put the East Coast on the map the entire state of Pennsylvania erupted.
    1 point
  6. @luhemthat's what's up. Went to the skate shop today and they had finally sold out of the camo dunks ? Saw these today tho ??? From there I went to HOH and wouldn't you know it they were restocking their cool grey 11 lows, so I copped those. @Kultsnot feeling em. Not feeling the majority of new Nike's Jordan's models. I feel myself sounding like one of those bitter sneakerheads that just automatically likes anything older better, BUT, I think a lot of this stuff is genuinely ugly. Or at least built for performance over style.
    1 point
  7. Work stress. been taking on additional work because im stupid and thought it would mean promotion. In reality im just overworked at same pay. Although I am learning more shit which was my goal
    1 point
  8. 1 point
  9. Not exactly stacking dimes with my welds but its been a long time since i used an arc welder on sheet metal. Definitely have to get some argon gas for the for the mig today
    1 point
  10. Sketchy lines for a mate Lopes
    1 point
  11. Reselling today is bigger than ever. It evolved from its humble beginnings of in-person meetups negotiated in back channel chat rooms, over the phone, and shady forums. The reason it was so underground was because of the demand by a certain demographic. The hype was low and only valued by the true hardcore fans of the brand. The brand didn't matter either. Whether it be streetwear in the form of Supreme, Bape, Undercover, Visvim or shoes like Jordan. "Mainstream" people didn't want any part of the subculture which kept resell prices low, demand low, and supply low. Product sat on shelves. It was a great time for streetwear. If you bought something you wanted, you could go back the following week and cop another. It's not that simple any more. The market is SATURATED with product, brands, hype. Prices in general have dropped. Shoes are continuously retro'd and remade. The hype machine needs to be fed. But for those that want to cop heat for the low, it might possibly be the best time. So here are some instagram profiles that are good resellers, websites, and brick and mortar stores. If you have any other places or people to add, please do. @rifdos @roundtwohollywood @stylisticsjapan @bazamn www.riflosangeles.com www.stylisticsjapan.com https://global.rakuten.com/en/ https://bazamn.bigcartel.com/products PLEASE ADD OTHERS YOU KNOW ARE LEGIT AND YOU'D LIKE TO PROMOTE SELL HERE ALSO IF YOU WANT
    1 point
  12. That said i do enter raffles to buy OW Nike stuff. If i can pay 160 retail and flip for a grand to some dumb hypebeast, then why wouldn't I??
    1 point
  13. Waiting for direct deposit to kick in so I could pay some bills.
    1 point
  14. My current read. Murakami takes his magical realism to another level in this one. Would more fittingly group it in the fantasy genre and as always with his work it’s nearly impossible to give a synopsis without sounding crazy. Nonetheless it’s great so far. Have yet to run across any murakami that I didn’t latch on too.
    1 point
  15. DAO was logged on at one point in the last several months from the looks of his profile.... I also enjoyed posts from @AyeBeeaka @SwampFightOner- I remember one thread where he was going to try to eat 40 junior bacon cheeseburgers. Obviously tranny handjob master @dowmagikis sorely missed.....
    1 point
  16. I was taking the trash out a few nights ago and I walked through a string from a web that I plucked off myself , but on my way back in the garage I noticed the spider . . . it was a fat mother fucker half dollar sized or bigger , I jumped and ran inside the garage like a chump . round 2 vsoon
    1 point
  17. I got some spider that lives outside my window, caught himself a bee some time ago. I don’t mind spiders however I’ll fuckin stomp out 99% of any other ugly looking bug.
    1 point
  18. I came into this thread thinking it was going to be people talking about gardens... not giant goddamn spiders!
    1 point
  19. double decker buses rule (novelty factor) In Hong Kong they had double decker trams which was rad!
    1 point
  20. Ughhh fuck spiders. I was literally just working on my truck and felt something cold and rubbery crawling up my leg while I was welding. I look down and you guessed it....a huge red crab looking spider just waitimg to suck my blood. Swiped it off and hit it with the die grinder. Fuck that spider!!
    1 point
  21. theres a lot of vintage stuff sold on instagram i'll link you after I get off work
    1 point
  22. Running down the street because I typed my delivery address wrong for the chicken shop. I suck at City living.
    1 point
  23. Dump truckin’ Run ups at the station old 200ad comic and burrito for lunch strange livery on the train where the old one not completely removed vegetarian tagine - tastier than expected. Was expecting mush but nicely spiced and not over cooked dessert
    1 point
  24. when they gonna make a movie called late 80's of a shit cunt (who can't skate) coming of age in the era of christian Hosoi and failing to get laid.? that'l really speak to me... But mid90-'s was a rad time raving https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi20uv8h7zcAhWPMd4KHWHiAQcQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redbull.com%2Fau-en%2Foral-history-of-the-sydney-rave-scene-1989-1994&psig=AOvVaw3jCkmracDEg5pyRRm5fwhv&ust=1532670307530681
    1 point
  25. Reminds me of KIDS.
    1 point
  26. I am the target market. I will see it and catch some feels.
    1 point
  27. My black/white/gum sole dunks came in and I immediately pulled the trigger on a pair of reverse wheats . . Officially addicted -.-‘
    1 point
  28. Friends and Fam - I am back. Misterraven and several others have dug me out of the homo dungeons of solitude and breathed fresh air into my woefully bankrupt lungs. Good timing - and thank you. So here it is. I just got out of rehab. 30 days of a 90-180 day program in Berkeley. Long story short - "long story short". If that makes sense. They wanted to keep me but I did not want to be kept. That being said - I left on good terms. Anyways... Medi-Cal covered everything - Thanks Obama! A lot has gone down this year. A lot more than I ever thought possible. But it is what it is. Big changes... I'm once again homeless and single. Well - not all that single. I just picked up my doggies from the kennel. I had to board them for the 30 days I was in rehab. Bankrupted me. $50 a day... But I needed to get sober and detox from my crazy as fuck girlfriend of 6 years. I'll write more about how the past 6-7 months unfolded in a bit. I'm in Nevada City, CA at the moment, staying at a friend's crazy ass compound. Deep in the woods, Saunas hot tubs pools and cabins, all in solitude. In the coming week I'll return to SF, pimp out my van a little more, and start driving to Wyoming to clear my head and get the fuck out of dodge. I finally realized after breaking it off with this girl and losing my mind that I fucking hate living in the bay. I haven't been happy in five plus years - ever since I moved there. So fuck it. Done with my abusive partner, done with living in a giant city. Ready for new adventures.
    1 point
  29. His bag. Could be a reason why he’s a little off.
    1 point
  30. My chick was on her way to work this morning. And some smelly dude sat next to her with a disposable camera and a penthouse magazine. Give dude props for his keeping it old school ethos.
    1 point
  31. She had the black ones. Edit ah shit yea she had these too
    1 point
  32. There was an Extreme Heat Advisory in Arizona yesterday....
    1 point
  33. @SukiSukiNowHooliGal Squad sounds awesome! Nicely done. Seems every year more and more women are getting into racing (at least here in Portland), and just general riding. It's nice to see in a sport that is mostly male. Personally, I think it helps keep the guys a little more reserved on bike rides. Some guys don't know how to ride a bike unless they're throwing hammers the whole time. @metronomeyeah, I did a kit with ManualforSpeed a little while back. It was a fun project. Every year they dod a short-run of kits that are designed by artists, and that year I got a random email to design one. Obviously, I jumped at the chance. Even designing some water bottles and a few other things for them. @misteravencycling kits are an easy design but there's definitely things to consider. Most custom fabricators have minimums that need to be met, but there are a few that do one-offs, too. Quality on those aren't that great, though... and I know how you are ? If you get to thinking it might be cool to do a small run let me know and I'll walk you through some of the fabricators I've worked with, and explain their templates and details.
    1 point
  34. If I hear this Kiki do you love me shit one more time dog . . . honda’s mad underrated , plus he looks like a character from the matrix in every rap video I’ve ever seen him in .
    1 point
  35. I like keeping my bike black and white but im making an exception for this slick sticker ? Thank you for my gifts!!! 85D649E0-FDA4-4DD0-8D70-7C7D87FE9CE4.mov
    1 point
  36. Hasselblad H4D-50 Wifi, HC Macro 4/120MM II for studio still life (product). Heavy as shit, delicate, slow and totally impractical for much beyond controlled lighting situations. But damn can it take some great captures when it locked to a camera stand in a controlled environment.
    1 point
  37. Thanks for sharing. It's powerful that someone living the life everyone seems to want to live can be so blunt and honest. My whole life, I was always the sore thumb. Rebellion is in everyone's' mind, but very few carry it in their heart. I never had dreams of fat stacks, household name cars, and boats the size of a ski resort. My ambitions have always been centered around stories, experiences, adventure, and finding out what's inside of me. Like everyone else, I went to college, graduated, got an office job making more money than my parents, and I was completely miserable. Luckily I caked up, pocketed 10k in 6 months, and quit unromantically on a rainy Thursday morning. For about a year I just drifted, I had a small apartment, girlfriend, and made my money stretch by frugal living and the occasional side job. Eventually, the money ran out and I was forced back into the workforce. Through sweat, blood, and being a leader, not a boss, I climbed the ranks of management at a fortune-50. I did that for the last two years. I had everything most people seemed to want. Girlfriend who would marry me and have my kids, health insurance, 401k, comfortable salary... Not a bad life at all, yet, most days I still felt lost, bored, and unfulfilled. I put in my two weeks in November, and left Dec.1. I renovated a kitchen with a buddy, saved every dime, and left for Mexico City with the girly. I've been here for a month and plan on living here until I can't afford a taco. Ever since I left my job, I have been happier than I've ever been and for the first time in years I feel like I'm living, not just alive. I know the life I'm living is an anomaly, but I'm going to ride this wave until it crashes into the shore, or drags me out to sea. While I've been down here, I reread KeepItRail's thread in one night, and god damn, if it didn't motivate me to do everything in my power to never return to a paper mache life. No one knows what the future holds, but my plan as of now is to return to the States in a few months, and go on a road trip around the country throughout the summer. One of my buddies is a vagabond who has been homeless on & off the last few years, and my best friend from childhood is currently trying out for the Special Forces, but he is on his last chance. I'm hoping I can recruit one, or both of them to roll with me, but if not, I will go solo. I am in no way going to attempt to recreate KIR's epic journey, but my version of an unadulterated, unfabricated journey around the country. Not sure I could ever live on a mountain, or fully outside of society, but I want to spend the rest of my 20s traveling around the world. Regardless, I'll be damned if I ever just accept a prosaic 9-5 life without fighting for an alternative.
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00