Phones, how many of us have them?

+plus+

Still on an old iPhone6s, battery is shot

What are y'all using?

Was looking at the 12 mini so I can one hand it. I prefer a desktop if I have serious internet business. 

12 pro max is too big and regular 12 is pretty big too. I used to like Android but the apple support is really good. I still miss a few things, file management, music management, customization as far as aesthetics and one handed use

But this iPhone was a tank , 2016 till now and only issue was battery life. 

If there's already a thread just link me I couldn't find it! 

Edited by +plus+
  • Like 1

• +plus+ changed the title to Phones, how many of us have them?
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I was trying to convince my wife to get that new razor with the foldable touch screen. Was curious to see how that screen held up. She is a fan of the moto z. That was a good phone that lasted her about 3+ years. I had the same phone and had battery life/charge issues about 13 mos in.

Now Im rocking the cheapest on sale ass phone I could find at the time. Galaxy A50. I dont recommend this phone to anyone. It does what it wants. As soon as I do an update there is another update ready to go. Lol.

Good luck. 

• Like 1

I am using the Galaxy S6 Edge and the Galaxy S10.  I like the S6 over the S10 all because it has an IR Emitter built in the phone.  Basically I can walk into a sports bar and take over their TVs and change channels.  The IR is a huge plus that I really enjoy using as a universal remote oppose to wifi and app.  Samsung got rid of the IR when the S7 was released and doesn't plan to bring it back.  😒

Picture quality on the S6 is OK but wasn't great at all compared to other phones on the market at that time, 2014 I think?

The S10 is not bad for photos and functionality (UI) but it really doesn't matter if I have to S10 or not.  

IPhone is cool Samsung is cool along with many other brands.  I think it really boils down to what you think is best for your needs personally amd professionally on top of price. 

Lately I have been thinking about the Galaxy Z fold.  I seen it in the window displayed at Samsung as I was passing by, I think its cool but, for 2k.  Idk.  I want to know since when did phones all of a sudden started costing the same price as a used car?  How does some old downhole tool tech from the oil amd gas industry become so exspensive with phones. 

What I am getting excited about is Ubuntu is working on software for cell phones.  This is gonna be cool.  Speaking of, I need to check their site to see the release date. 

• Truth 1

49 minutes ago, +plus+ said:

Man I hated the Galaxy I had. My girl has a s9 and it's held up pretty well. Takes great pictures.

And to add...  the Samsung do hold up pretty well.  But due to the recent weather, I had left my phones in the car when the Temps were hitting 20 or below, and the s10 did not like it. It was trickle charging my phone.  I guess its a safety feature of some sort. 

I got a google pixel because they gave me a discount in exchange for my privacy. It's actually a pretty nice little phone except when it starts asking me to help plan my next trip to the bathroom.

I now also carry a iphone for work, after a couple months I am still not feeling any draw for the apple. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

20 hours ago, +plus+ said:

12 pro max is too big and regular 12 is pretty big too. I used to like Android but the apple support is really good. I still miss a few things, file management, music management, customization as far as aesthetics and one handed use

But this iPhone was a tank , 2016 till now and only issue was battery life. 

I also use a 6S am pretty happy with it still. Only thing I'd like to have sometimes is an even better camera, but for 95% of stuff it's just fine really.

Guess I'd just get a new battery for it if you like it still.

If you want a new iPhone and like one handed use try the 12mini?

18 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I would have never left that 5 life. Best size and feel of a phone ever. 

Not sure I'd agree with you. Had a 5 for a long time but always felt that I liked the more "chunky" proportions of the 4 better.

Still got one, just using it as an alarm clock / mp3-player etc.

DA2FAB68-59D8-491A-881C-9A129B48C725_1_201_a.jpeg

• LOL! 1

currently have the Oneplus 8 5g variant from T-Mobile.. before that i had a galaxy s8 i found in the back of an uber somebody left behind that i got unlocked to work for my carrier at the time.. didnt like the s8 to be honest it was kind of annoying and the bloatware really annoyed me.. honestly just the os overall really.. i chose the Oneplus 8 because before the s8 i had the Oneplus 3t for like a lil over 3 years but with all the tossing around it got kinda jankey.. nothing i couldnt fix myself tho i just needed to replace the charging port and the camera just too lazy to actually go about ordering the parts.. but OxygenOS is pretty straight forward, no unnecessary shit apps or anything and it was always super quick and reliable.. the cameras are decent tho im not the type to be like "well the hues are a bit off the color balance and the dynamic range derpyderpyderp" camera is fine.. the 8 pro i guess has a higher quality lens that competes with the "flagship phones" ie apple and samsung but i didnt wanna cough up the extra money plus its slightly bigger than the 8.. dont really feel like carrying a mini tablet in my pocket..

• Like 2

Reading Tails post amd just thinking about the synopsis of the thread as an outsider looking in (Cellphone manufacturers) it seems to me that once a consumer picks a phone that best suits their needs the consumer tends to stick with that one brand.   I know for me it took the iPhone then the Samsung to stay with Samsung which was pretty short (some could say petty).

But yeah, anyhow, just a business observation I I notice. 

2 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

How do you have time for all that desktop oontzing in between your nature walks son?! I’d of thought you been had the techie phone! Lolol 

Where some might take a hike and be tempted to oontz because the phone in their pocket connects them, I never had that concern.  My oontzing is the downtime that occurs between meaningful activities, vs where many are distracted from something meaningful by their phones, alerts, messages, whatever.  Never been a tech guy and I would think that in many ways that might allow one to be more connected to nature.  I don't use the phone for apps or internet, just use it as a phone.  I still graf n dance, and having an old flip phone from before all the tracking/monitoring was added in was nice because when you turned it off, it was really off, and there was no location tracking either other than triangulating a signal.  I also don't subscribe to the "need to" and "have to" philosophy around smart phones.  I'm from a time where you left your house, and by default, your phone behind and went out and did shit.  If someone needed to get a hold of you, they'd leave a message.  If you didn't have an answering machine, they'd call back if it was important enough.  These days many people would feel anxious, maybe even incomplete, if they went out and forgot their phone.  That's an addiction of sorts that's been programmed into people, and I'm fairly free of that burden.  Also free of the thinking that social and business endeavors require apps and use of social media to be successful.  People used to program their phone.  Now their phone programs them.

• Like 2

I'm the same way sort of, never have my phone out of my pocket unless it's absolutely necessary. Waiting rooms, standing in line, anything and I want 100% situational awareness around me. Was in a waiting room the other day and I was the only one not on my phone, looking like I forgot or something.

• Like 2

Thats my only issue really i need to sync my shit but i use windows and am lazy, 

yall have any app recommendations?

the camera on the pro max is wicked

friend got the new giant galaxy snd its night mode is insane 

the phone is heavier than a glock though

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I am running Samsung S23 ultra, and S10. 

S23 Ultra is not Rooted but Unlocked.  S10 is Verizon network so I am running on Verizon for both.   

It really depends on what you do with your phone,  lifestyle plays am important roll on what type of phone you opt for e.g. battery life, features, memory, and storage capacity.  I think pretty much after that it's either Andriod or iOS.  Apple is more stream lined UI is easy to follow, Android is a bit more for the developer or techy for what ever reasons they prefer to opt for Android over iOS. 

I like some of the security features like locking pdfs, photos, and other files in password protected folders, but the con in this is that you have to use your Samsung profile/account to set it up, which circumvents the while reason for privacy.  I imagine this can be by passed in a rooted state. 

As for service provider, I really cannot say which is better than the other, because I honestly had them all at some point and they all have their connectivity issues at some point.  It's pretty much, how much do you want to pay at this point.  

What ever phone you decide on, I would go through all the security options on the phone that help you protect yourself as much as possible.  And if security is your biggest concern.  Then my best recommendation would be to obtain a false identity, i.d. and social, to acquire your phone card, get a phone off the street, and set up the phone under absolutely anonymous email and identity.    I am not saying you plan to do illegal things, but it will give false info to all the apps they spy on our every existence and all the data they sell.

• Like 1

I used to have a moto z years ago. It was a dope phone. I now have another moto z. I was under the assumption that phone companies improved the quality of their phones year after year. That's wrong. They made this model cheaper and got rid of several features that originally made the phone awesome. Don't get a moto z. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1