It's fucking cold outside.

Fist 666

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My supply line from well ended up bursting outside the house. 

We were without water for a few days, and couldn't diagnose until Wednesday waiting for the line to thaw.  I was worried the line was burst somewhere between the wellhead and house, which is 6/10 of a mile long and buried under the driveway. 

Very happy to have it wind up so close to the house and so easy to find.

PVC is fucking expensive these days.

20221229_203930.jpg

• Like 3
  • Truth 2

Sounds like a wild headache heart attack all in one situation man glad it wasnt too gnarly. I worry about my shit with still not having a legit heating system on the first floor but am comforted by the word of dudes about running SOMETHING (a gang of space heaters) so the pipes wont freeze. Still puckers my butthole thinking about it. I would be completely ruined if some shit like that happened lolol. Heard the horror stories especially with these really old houses. Its nice and warm up here for a few days so im taking advantage and hitting the exterior job i had to cancel on a few weeks back. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

6F74CA83-7092-4C1B-A45E-AC804720FC45.jpeg

723AEB43-5CB0-4899-821D-2822CFC5BA06.jpeg

Winter over there looking crazy. Winter here feels rushed and it's looping.  We got the snow,  we got the cold, we got warmth, and now we have rain, smelling like spring already.  

And now I have two days to prepare myself for a potential small snow storm and temperatures dropping single digits.   

It was nice to walk around comfortably outside without having boogers drip all over the place.

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, T4M* said:

Winter over there looking crazy. Winter here feels rushed and it's looping.  We got the snow,  we got the cold, we got warmth, and now we have rain, smelling like spring already.  

And now I have two days to prepare myself for a potential small snow storm and temperatures dropping single digits.   

It was nice to walk around comfortably outside without having boogers drip all over the place.

That’s why the mayonnaise was separating like that……global warming.

• Truth 1

Not to brag, but I am chilling here in the Summer on a perfect, cloudless 25’C day deciding whether to watch Avatar 2 or not after doing my grocery shopping.

My only experience with snow was in NYC and all so can say is only an absolute fool would appreciate the nuisance that is dealing with snow and all the salt that gets dragged everywhere. But since millions of fools exist, who am I to complain about their life choices which see them live in such climates.

image.jpg

• Like 5

16 hours ago, LUGR said:

That’s why the mayonnaise was separating like that……global warming.

Global warming is just what crack pipe smoking politicians & scientists use as a cover to subjugate the masses with the ominous threat that we are all going to Hell, when the truth is that we are already there thanks to letting idiots run the asylum 😂

how else do they smoke their crack in their crackpipes without “warming the globe” first?

Seriously.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2022 at 1:12 PM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Sounds like a wild headache heart attack all in one situation man glad it wasnt too gnarly. I worry about my shit with still not having a legit heating system on the first floor but am comforted by the word of dudes about running SOMETHING (a gang of space heaters) so the pipes wont freeze. Still puckers my butthole thinking about it. I would be completely ruined if some shit like that happened lolol. Heard the horror stories especially with these really old houses. Its nice and warm up here for a few days so im taking advantage and hitting the exterior job i had to cancel on a few weeks back. 

a bit late here but one thing you can do is let a tap that's upstairs run a little (depending on your water rates this may suck but maybe not suck as much as a burst line) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

IMG_2003.thumb.JPG.82f3576da701216f3af1555e60b3ace6.JPG

Snow all day, no going out.  Chilled at home, smoked a brisket, let the snow keep my beer cold.

We went back to cold temperatures,  no snow. Went to fuel up, gas lines were frozen, difficult to direct the nozzle.

1677852210566.thumb.jpg.7d002557aefd770d19c04ef5b27f2f0e.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

8 hours ago, T4M* said:

We went back to cold temperatures,  no snow. Went to fuel up, gas lines were frozen, difficult to direct the nozzle.

1677852210566.thumb.jpg.7d002557aefd770d19c04ef5b27f2f0e.jpg

Hove you ever tried E85?  Just asking.  I was watching an Engine Masters episode and it was about comparison of E85, 93, and race fuel.  Which octane gets the most performance.  E85 got the most hp and torque gains by a few horse power and torque.  It was pretty interesting watch.  Engine ran smoother too.  

28 minutes ago, ndv said:

Hove you ever tried E85?  Just asking.  I was watching an Engine Masters episode and it was about comparison of E85, 93, and race fuel.  Which octane gets the most performance.  E85 got the most hp and torque gains by a few horse power and torque.  It was pretty interesting watch.  Engine ran smoother too.  

Check out the Project Car thread, I talk about it in there....

I need to stop by there and give an update.

Overall,  E85 is rocket fuel (bumps up Performance). It sucks during the winter and you have to change the engine oil more often.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...