It's fucking cold outside.

Fist 666

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

image.thumb.jpeg.0b78b7bb4c60b656eb0a5aa157f1043c.jpeg

Yesterday we hit -13, not including -23 with the wind blowing everywhere. Today and up , those are nice numbers.

I work outside all winter long, day or night,  and wearing proper layers is key.  Expensive gear is a solution to be outside even longer, like ice fishing,  but wearing the right layer combo will do the same.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2
  • Props 1

5 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

For shame,  you know better @mr.yuck

It never gets this cold here. Wasn't even on my radar. Now I'm playing a game of where in the world did the pipes freeze? I have cold water upstairs, no cold water downstairs, and no hot water anywhere.

Have the salamander heater going in the garage to warm that hoe up. Thinking about pointing it at all the copper pipes that come through out there and hopefully the heat will travel through the pipes and melt the blockage gently with no breaks.

I walk to work (back and forth uphill both ways hahah) . It’s a 15-20 min walk. The industrial park where work is is on a hill. By the I got up there the wind blew me across the ice. Not a lot. Not even an inch. But fuck. Wind should not move me along like a piece on a game board.  

it was terrifying the way it was blowing shit around. I thought I was done.  

tapped out today waking up with a fever.

our heat will not stop running. The thermostat is on an outside wall opposite side of the house as the living room and bedrooms. We usually keep it at 68. 
it won’t read above 59. We put a space heater under the thermostat and lowered it to 60 to get it to turn off.  The rooms are toasty. 

Edited by SMdoubleXL
  • Like 2

West Coast checking in - today is a high of 60 at my place in Silicon Valley, low is 41.

41 is pretty fucking low for us believe it or not. 

I am with my lady’s family this weekend, about an hour away from Tahoe. The low here is high 30s with a high of 58.

Bundle up ooontz - hope all you East Coasters and Midwestern folks stay safe. Drive slow.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2
  • LOL! 1

It hit minus 17 here Thursday morning, was 53 on Wednesday afternoon. I've been sick more with flu and rona in the last 2 months than I've been sick my entire adult life. Fucking sucks. Should have went to Argentina this winter and caught some of that world cup action instead.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

It hit minus 17 here Thursday morning, was 53 on Wednesday afternoon. I've been sick more with flu and rona in the last 2 months than I've been sick my entire adult life. Fucking sucks. Should have went to Argentina this winter and caught some of that world cup action instead.

Dude….rocking a Messi boner in the motherland would have been and epic winter flex.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

I've burst pipe twice here in the last 2 years, both times I forgot to unplug the garden hose. They gotta make hose connections out of pex or something so they don't break. The freeze proof variety only work if the hose is disconnected. Still have to replace one from the 2nd burst.

• Truth 1

depending on the location I think that sooner sort of alarm is a good investment

https://www.kidde.com/home-safety/en/us/products/water-leak-freeze-detector/

had a relative that fucked up a good portion of their house with a water heater leak whole they were out of town 

they were a prick and I got a good chuckle out of the fucking they got behind that one/

• LOL! 2

Doing this insurance shit for the better part of the past decade, I was super surprised at how many home builders put the water heater in the fucking attic. I swear I think builders are in cahoots with restoration companies to secure more work down the road.

Mines is in the garage. If it floods it'll just drain under the door and out into the driveway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Doing this insurance shit for the better part of the past decade, I was super surprised at how many home builders put the water heater in the fucking attic. I swear I think builders are in cahoots with restoration companies to secure more work down the road.

Mines is in the garage. If it floods it'll just drain under the door and out into the driveway.

Water heater in the attic?! Quitplayin

• Truth 1