Tipping in the US

AnUpsetStomach

...and really all this means is that when I am in NYC this summer I am going to have to tip 20-30 percent...

it's okay tho, who gives a fuck about another couple of dollars when you are spending 100's at a bar or restaurant...the nurga behind the bar free-pouring your drinks has to live and tip too. . .

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What don't you get? The part where I said I tip and tip well to those people who do their jobs? Or the part where I said that you're a creep?

I crave nothing from you, you're the biggest fraud on this site talking more shit out of your ass than a health food nut in the middle of a colon cleanse. Lying to folks about being locked up, how much of a baller you are, etc. . . all cocka.

Better come back quick and keep your internet rep up, it's all you've got.

I know so many people on here in real life, who would call me out if I was on here lying about who I am or what I do.

The funny part is you're bringing up stuff I talked about years ago, when I can't think of, or remember one interesting thing you've posted.

Kind of proves my point about you just being on the dick.

What don't you get? The part where I said I tip and tip well to those people who do their jobs? Or the part where I said that you're a creep?

I crave nothing from you, you're the biggest fraud on this site talking more shit out of your ass than a health food nut in the middle of a colon cleanse. Lying to folks about being locked up, how much of a baller you are, etc. . . all cocka.

Better come back quick and keep your internet rep up, it's all you've got.

ohnoyoudidnt.gif

i usually do the dollar a drink tip thing.

sometimes i dont tip until i leave, i usually let that be known to the bartender so they dont water my drinks down, ive noticed most of the time after being informed they will either pump up the booze in my drinks or "buy" me a shot or two. they always get a great tip.

one time though at a bar i used to frequent (some new hot shot hipster bar) i was low on cash and only could tip $2 ($20 tab, technically $2 was around 18% of the bill, so it was a fair tip) after giving the tip to the bartender, he looked at it, threw it back at me and told me to keep my "sorry ass tip" after he denied me the right to talk to his manager i told him to go fuck hisself and was told by him not to let him find me outside.

long story short i waited outside til he came out.

he half ass apologizes and calls me a faggot.

i go back inside with my homie who tries to buy me a drink and the bartender ignores us multiple times.

end up not being able to get our last drinks.

wemad.jpg.

finally see manager, tell him of bartenders rude behavoir, the tip situation and threaten to take legal action for discrimination over the "faggot" insult.

manager flips out, chews him out, bartender flips out calls me a faggot again.

fired on the spot.

end up getting my homies girl the new bartender spot.

likeaboss.jpg

Swindle, you can get phone apps that work out tips now. Problem solved.

21b2koo.jpg

I don't give a fuck whether its not in your culture to tip I am paid the minimum wage the restaurant are legally allowed to pay me and I pay out money at the end of my shift to pay for my tables.

how much is that? coz over here the minimum wage is 5.50 and if you work in a resturant you could be getting like 10 bucks, i dunno but they sure as fuck dont expect tips. coz if you dont like your resturant job, quit and do construction or sell fucking drugs.

i mean now obviously im gonna be tip paranoid and give everyone my money so no one thinks im a jerk but i find it odd people who do this expect to be payed by patron rather than there employers.

how much is that? coz over here the minimum wage is 5.50 and if you work in a resturant you could be getting like 10 bucks, i dunno but they sure as fuck dont expect tips. coz if you dont like your resturant job, quit and do construction or sell fucking drugs.

i mean now obviously im gonna be tip paranoid and give everyone my money so no one thinks im a jerk but i find it odd people who do this expect to be payed by patron rather than there employers.

Restaurant Wage < Normal Minimum Wage

the reason for this is BECAUSE people are expected to tip...

sooo what did i miss? you nerds still arguing over etiquette and whos a bigger tipper in a given situation? 8 pages really on a topic like tipping...#smh

What?! We cant always be funny and nonsensical. This is a real life hot topic and deserves ample attention from concerned patrons.

Or do you just simply thrive off of unintelligent drivel? Hmm?

• Like 1

@ cus d

eh.

whats done is done.

my main hangup was someone who thinks their too good to deny any sort of tip and to have the gall to throw it back.

but fuck it.

You still haven't explained how $2 = 18% of a $20 tab.

If your math is this bad it is quite possible that you mistook 2 pennies for dollar bills and the bartender's reaction was justified.