Tipping in the US

AnUpsetStomach

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the tip when someones selling you fucking dugs?

Match your weed dude on a spliff.

I was talking to the bartender and maitre 'd after work tonight. Convo turned to tipping. Since out wait staff tips out the bar, host and maitre 'd, it cost them money to wait on your table if you dont leave a tip. Be considerate of that as well.

You tip your stripper well, you might get her panties pulled to the side or get a blowy if you hook it up right. Its the same concept.

As far as I've ever experienced, the weed dealer is supposed to smoke you out.

Not the the way around.

You guys are taking this way too far.

I'm all about tipping people who are supposed to be tipped, but some of you are just ridiculous.

Ghetto fab except not black, because black people don't tip.

I once got a "sorry ass tip" like the one in the twinky story, I just gave it back to the yuppie douche and told him no thanks, you obviously need it more than me. It was more like $2 on $40.

It's usually the yuppies and privileged folks who leave bad tips, trust fund types, purple hoodies, etc.

as a tattooer i love tips, but i dont get mad when not tipped, i dont see why motherfuckers trip on not getting tipped...

i understand the struggle but remember just cause its a perk to tip doesnt mean you gotta get all bent outta shape when you dont get tipped.

youre doing your fucking job and also not everyone can tip you out....

some niggas is on a budget..

but i am drunk so disregard this post if you get all umad.jped

Which is the greater affront to the status quo, storefront fill-ins or light tipping?

No one ever explored my initial question, which is, do you tip the owner? Say you go to a bar and get top notch service from a man or woman who you know is the owner, do you tip them out assuming that they will cash out everyone else?

How about these chain restaurants sneaking tip jars into the mix in a fast food situation. I ate at a taco del mar the other day and they had a tip jar out in front.

If McDonalds put out tip jars would you tip, allowing one of the most brutal corporations around to further justify paying its people shit?

Cashing out the other guys is another interesting question for you "tip or eat shit" guys. I was shocked to learn that a friend of mine who works as bartender does not tip out the kitchen, at all.

Nine More Pages!

The people deserving of anger are those that built a situation where the wages of their employees is dependent on the customers and not the owners.

What a hustle, do not like paying your help? Get someone else to do it and then take it out of your business model.

The people deserving of anger are those that built a situation where the wages of their employees is dependent on the customers and not the owners.

What a hustle, do not like paying your help? Get someone else to do it and then take it out of your business model.

I have to agree, I don't know how restuarant owners got into a position where they are allowed to pay sweat shop wages based on the idea that the customer MAY leave a tip.

Can you write a tip off on your taxes the same way a business owner can write off their payroll cause it's an expense, not income?

Pro tip: never tip on a credit card, always leave cash. Many times credit card tips go onto the servers pay check and they wind up getting taxed on it, or on rare occasion the owner just keeps it.

its really not based on the thought of a tip but the fact that here in 'merica most people understand that a waiter/waitress is making they're wages off tips. of course it depends on where you are and what kind of restaurant it is. i have a few friends in food service. the girls make out way better than the bros. thats why if i'm gonna tip a cute girl a lil extra, she better be on her job. then its only a bit over 15 to 20%. its not like i get an after meal bj.

bars are way different. if i'm not tryin to get to wild, i'll tip a decent amount the first few rounds then a dollar a drink. if i'm tryin to blow all my money, depending on how many drinks i'm buying the first round i'll throw em a ten or so to keep me from being elbow deep in herbs and swamp donkeys to long. which i really appreciate.

if your from out of the country tip and you don't plan on revisiting the place, speak your native tongue and tip whatever you wanna.

the thing to understand the most;

MrPinkReservoirDogsLeavingTips.jpg

thats the worlds smallest violin playing just for the waitress'

• Like 1

It's usually the yuppies and privileged folks who leave bad tips, trust fund types, purple hoodies, etc.

The bar I frequent is a half local/half rich kids who are in town for Providence College hangout. The PC kids almost never have jobs, get money regularly deposited into their accounts, and don't have a care in the world besides "studying", eating, and drinking, yet somehow still are the absolute worst tippers I've ever seen. Even worse than teh blacks. I've actually seen people pick their quarter back up after paying $2.75 for a beer. Multiple times.

Kind of on the subject of tipping your dealer, one place I never tip is at the rub & tug. They get all pissed off every time, and I guess I see why, but the price of illegal services is so greatly inflated, fuck em. Besides, I need to give that money to a stripper who's gonna actually blow me and not just use her hand

you seem to be under the impression that i could actually give a fuck...

but nah i ment in the US... what they gettin' then $5?

probably aboot the same as they get here if it is, but tipping isn't really customary here.i do still leave enough for a couple o pints after their shift if they're a good cunt. if they're a fandan they get enough for some penny sweets and a bus fare...

i'm known for my general tipping generosity. i always throw down atleast 20%, unless they were a absolute cunt, then they can usually fuck off.

i've thrown down 50% and had people be like, "if you're throwing that much i'm taking my money back" to which i usually threaten bodily harm if they touch the money ha.

especially tip well at bars. i've had doormen/bouncers get me my drinks because the place was packed and they didn't want to make me wait.

.. the perks of being good people.