Tipping in the US

AnUpsetStomach

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you seem to be under the impression that i could actually give a fuck...

but nah i ment in the US... what they gettin' then $5?

probably aboot the same as they get here if it is, but tipping isn't really customary here.i do still leave enough for a couple o pints after their shift if they're a good cunt. if they're a fandan they get enough for some penny sweets and a bus fare...

Nah, over here even if they make minimum wage they're on £5.93 which works out at $9.43.

I don't know anyone who works in a restaurant but I know a few bar peeps and they definitely make more than minimum wage...at least in the pubs I frequent.

one of the best things about intl travel is tipping.

i have given out some MASSIVE tips to people who don't expect them, and i love the reaction...

and have felt really, truly strange walking away from a restaurant without having tipped.

it's fun.

we do tipping wage in the states though, so i usually do 15-30%

unless the service is shit. i'm not afraid to stiff

upscale restaurants usually charge the 15% to 24% gratuity already in the bill. which is retarded because it doesn't make the service any better.

dine ins and dive diners usually get a decent tip but when the bills less than 10 bucks what do they expect.

i thought the majority of people make around 4 to 7 an hour but with tips them come off with around 13 to 15 an hour. if they don't get paid they should try smiling, not being a bitch, or going back to school.

little cafe near my work, sometimes id go in an buy a muffin and juice for fucking $8 because there wasn't time to walk anywhere else.

walk in, get $5 juice from fridge, grab day old $3 muffin off the counter and get attitude from the faggot cashier for not leaving a tip.

You paid for all that service.

i enjoy tipping well at restaurants.. a lot of girls i know who were waitresses, like Swamp said, get fucked by people who can usually afford tipping well moreso than anyone. i'll be damned if that'll be me. sure i dont "owe" it to them, but i try to be good to people when i can and it generally comes back around. if a waitress/server knows us and we know them (im talking we frequent, not they're our best friends sisters, but that works just the same.) and they know we're going to tip them well, a lot of the time they cut off half the drinks/food from our tab. $100 and change on a tab goes down to $40 and change, we tip them like $30-40 bucks, everyone wins.. we pay less, they get tipped more than they would on a standard 15-20% on a hundred or so, everyones happy.

c00l story, mr. bond

they see you as a walking wad of cash

haha. that may be true, but i see them as insurance. i know i'm getting my drinks when i need them, i know i'm getting into the place, and i know if a altercation of any sort does happen to break out the other people are getting tossed while i go get another drink and enjoy my night.

little cafe near my work, sometimes id go in an buy a muffin and juice for fucking $8 because there wasn't time to walk anywhere else.

walk in, get $5 juice from fridge, grab day old $3 muffin off the counter and get attitude from the faggot cashier for not leaving a tip.

I used to work in a cafe, and I couldn't care less about customers who didn't tip for just being rung up. That's ridiculous. HOWEVER, we had a tip jar due to the fact that we made eggs/pancakes/breakfast shit and when you worked you took care of cooking, cleaning, serving, cashier...the whole nine.

Being by yourself serving a party of nine who all ordered full breakfasts and didn't tip a cent, despite fawning over how you're being so great doing this all by yourself...fuck those people.

i've thrown down 50% and had people be like, "if you're throwing that much i'm taking my money back" to which i usually threaten bodily harm if they touch the money ha.

One of my boys is famous for reaching into the tip pool after I've thrown in extra, always to grab a dollar or two "for a dutch." I love him like a br0ther, but he is one seriously cheap fuck

if a waitress/server knows us and we know them (im talking we frequent, not they're our best friends sisters, but that works just the same.) and they know we're going to tip them well, a lot of the time they cut off half the drinks/food from our tab. $100 and change on a tab goes down to $40 and change, we tip them like $30-40 bucks, everyone wins.. we pay less, they get tipped more than they would on a standard 15-20% on a hundred or so, everyones happy.

but i see them as insurance. i know i'm getting my drinks when i need them, i know i'm getting into the place, and i know if a altercation of any sort does happen to break out the other people are getting tossed while i go get another drink and enjoy my night.

All o'dat

theres only a couple people i tip, my barber and strippers( only in the designated tip zone, anywhere else fuck off hoe). white people fuck it up all the time overseas tipping when it aint necessary and then monkey see monkey do. fuck all these service industry people crying about people that are cheap and dont tip( get a new job or get a gun and rob someone). the worst are the non service people with the tip jars out but once again monkey see monkey do can ya blame them. I am waiting on the day someone comes out and says something to me, i will embarrass the shit out of them and ask to speak to the manager thug life nigga. and all you people here that say blacks and asians dont tip , its CUSTOMARY NOT MANDATORY dumb fucks, and the hispanics why they gonna tip they own family members.

• Like 1

yes, it is customary not mandatory.

so you are choosing to be disrespectful and rude simply because its not mandatory to be polite?

that makes you and whatever people fit into the ethnic group you think you're representing fucking stupid.

so tell me some colored folks stiffed you on a tip and you got all red in the neck, should have regulated on them or else keep ya mouth shut. everyone knows there are people who dont tip, tip little, or tip big. point is do your job is what ya bossman gonna tell you.