2020 U.S. Election

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Does anyone here honestly think the election outcome will matter to them personally,  as individuals? Like if Biden, or Trump wins you'll finally find out what a vagina actually smells like  IRL?

No matter who wins, you'll still be better off as an individual focusing that energy on shit you have control over like your next business/employment/financial decision. You could be minding/tending to your own business, and making sure you have your shit together moving forward. Instead you're trying to figure out how to cheerlead a 70+ year old boomer and still l"look cool".

Edited by Mercer
  • Truth 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Does anyone here honestly think the election outcome will matter to them personally,  as individuals? Like if Biden, or Trump wins you'll finally find out what a vagina actually smells like  IRL?

No matter who wins, you'll still be better off as an individual focusing that energy on shit you have control over like your next business/employment/financial decision. You could be minding/tending to your own business, and making sure you have your shit together moving forward. Instead you're trying to figure out how to cheerlead a 70+ year old boomer and still l"look cool".

@misteravenbeen saying this all along 

On 8/21/2020 at 6:07 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

This shirt is a meme

but I know a ton of honks who would buy

not clown honks

honkies. 

994D1732-1CE4-4778-A8FC-995460F0F9F8.jpeg

I'd probably buy this if I came across it and it was a quality print. I wouldn't wear it, but this is an epic example of the times that is going to be an incredible thing in 20+ years to look back on. Pop culture memorabilia that will come off almost unbelievable when you try and explain what 2020 was like.

• Like 2
  • Truth 2

• 1 month later...

Gonna get spicy 

National Intelligence Director John Ratcliffe on Tuesday declassified documents that claim Hillary Clinton ordered “a campaign plan to stir up a scandal” by linking President Trump to Russia in 2016 — and that then-President Barack Obama knew about her possible role.”

759CD4E8-6F3C-4637-B403-B90BEC7E13CB.jpeg

Not read the thread because news on 12oz is generally bad, so are there retard Trump voters on here? If so, why you so fucking stupid? From an outside USA view, I'd like to know.

I dont mean republican voters that will just vote for him so dems don't get in, I mean people that actually agree with the cunt

• Props 1
  • LOL! 2

21 minutes ago, Decyferon said:

Not read the thread because news on 12oz is generally bad, so are there retard Trump voters on here? If so, why you so fucking stupid? From an outside USA view, I'd like to know.

I dont mean republican voters that will just vote for him so dems don't get in, I mean people that actually agree with the cunt

Not sure anyone here genuinely loves the guy. But likewise, its a rare thing to see anyone (outside his base that thinks he's doing a fantastic job) give him credit for those things he has successfully accomplished. It's incredible and scary to see how widespread and obviously engineered an effort there is to shut him down.

Curious... other than the obvious brash statements and personality, what do you (being an outsider) find so terrible? *

*This question in no way should be understood as me being a supporter.

• Props 1

Well, as you know, im from the UK, I dont understand the lack of social projects you have, why not free health care, its not infringing on your rights, the blatant hypocrisy and bullshit of the republican party. Its genuinely like watching a TV show from an outsider perspective.  Although sadly we have trump retard lite in the UK with Boris McFucknuggets 

• LOL! 1

28 minutes ago, Decyferon said:

Well, as you know, im from the UK, I dont understand the lack of social projects you have, why not free health care, its not infringing on your rights, the blatant hypocrisy and bullshit of the republican party. Its genuinely like watching a TV show from an outsider perspective.  Although sadly we have trump retard lite in the UK with Boris McFucknuggets 

Well, thats a separate topic of conversation, but I'll address it...

I do not believe in socialized health care and certainly not our version of it. I don't think the government (or anyone for that matter) should force me into paying for a service, regardless how good the intention. (In this case, I really don't trust the government to have our best intentions at heart as their reason to ram this down our throats).

But to put that into context...

I happen to fall into an income bracket (upper middle class), where I don't qualify for subsidized care. As such, I'm one of the people that gets forced to buy into it, but has to pay the full rate so someone else out there gets to pay a discounted rate. For thew middle tier health plan, I'm supposed to pay $1200 a month. Not sure about the rest of you, but $1200 a month is a hell of a payment for something I don't regularly use. That also doesn't account for the fact that I still have deductibles to pay on top of that. If I go back and look at the amount of times I've been to the doctor, as well as my family... I'm way ahead of the game just paying for the services I need. No doubt the old argument of"wHaT iF yOu gEt HiT by A bUs?!" is accounted for, but then again before all this ObamaCare bullshit, I could have bought catastrophe insurance to cover stuff like that for about $120 a month.

Like everything else government does, when it steps in, it fucks things up. Health care costs has far out paced more other rising costs (shy of college education, which is also heavy handedly managed by government) and meanwhile, quality seems to be in decline.

But ultimately, I just want to be left alone to pursue my own life and instead am being forced to participate in a program that seems riddled with agenda and corruption. Our government has done a shit job of taking medical care of our military veterans... A very small segment of the population, which is only fucked up through sacrifice to country at behest of government... Somehow we're supposed to trust that they can do a better job attending to exponentially more people that  are just regular citizens? Makes zero sense.

• Props 2

37 minutes ago, Decyferon said:

I dont know how he is reported in the US, but what has he done thats positive or successfully accomplished?

Well until a global pandemic hit, we had an economy that exceeded the very best projections. He broth North and South Korea to the bargaining table, something many administrations attempted and never got close to. He's also made more tangible progress in the Middle East than just about any other administration before his. He's been quite effective at ramping up progress with human trafficking in comparison to the last administration or two.

And again, I'm not a fan. But I try to avoid the partisan bullshit you see when people pick a side and then ignore the transgressions of "their guy" while declaring everyone outside their team is evil. No doubt Trump has fucked up plenty, but its disingenuous to say he hasn't done anything good. 

You should check out all the conversation lately regarding the positioning and marketing of narratives by the MSM. Forget what thread all that was in, but maybe someone can drop a link. Might help get you up to speed on some related discussion so we aren't typing it out all over again.

Good to see you back.

• Props 1

21 minutes ago, Decyferon said:

With Brexit and Trump the world is just a pile of fucking garbage

Actually, perhaps you can explain Brexit for us (or maybe I'm the only one interested).

I'm not passing judgement on it since admittedly I know very little. I've tried to conduct myself by focusing on my circle of control versus my circle of concern and well... International politics isn't in my control.

Anyhow, I have a tough time understanding why those opposing Brexit are against the idea of national sovereignty? I understand that global cooperation is usually a good thing, but the idea of allowing another central body, made up[ mostly of individuals from other countries and cultures, to make decisions in the best interest of your own country, implement legislation you must abide by, and then tax you accordingly so they can sustain that system and enforce all that new regulation they're imposing on you... Not sure why anyone would want that.

I'm sure there's ways to facilitate travel and work visas between the various countries without the need for all that bureaucracy. You guys never adopted the Euro, which always made me think the UK was smart enough to not fully commit. So why the big deal to remove yourselves from all that.

Likewise, does it not concern you at all that now that you guys decided to leave the EU, that It's been so complicated and difficult? Maybe I'me the naive American, but can't help but think of those services you sign up for that make you jump through a million hoops to get out of. Usually those are scams because if they had value, they wouldn't rely on techniques to tangle you into it to keep you on board. 

That said, nobody here is at all concerned about Brexit (that I've ever met). I've never really heard it brought up much in conversation and hardly mentioned even in MSM unless it's in some context to criticize Trump somehow. It's interesting to me that people outside the USA are at all concerned about what we do over here, especially when the trend is towards walking away from globalism and meddling in the affairs of others (to whatever degree anyone can accept that as fact).

Looking forward to hearing your insight and waiting for @Mercerto swing through with his knowledge bombs.

27 minutes ago, Decyferon said:

Its not him, its the whole political class, 1 rule for them 1 for us, douse them all in petrol and their kids and fucking make the world a better place

ObamaCare epitomizes this considering they forced Americans into this system and conveniently excluded themselves (Congress is exempt) from having to participate. Just on principle it should have been scrapped on that basis alone.

3 hours ago, Decyferon said:

What do you disagree with that he's done/said and why?

3 hours ago, Decyferon said:

Why not free health care?

I'll address the one question you asked.  "Why not free healthcare?"  I'm not suggesting you don't understand how money works at all, I'm simply suggesting that, as you may well know but didn't demonstrate familiarity with, there is nothing free.

Free healthcare doesn't exist here because there are a LOT of working people, very much like myself, that afford and pay for their own stuff.  By working.  For money.  To pay for things.  I don't jive well, at all, with the idea of paying MY money, that I earned, for YOUR shit.

I really don't care about "your hustle".  My thing in life is that if I don't know you directly or care about you then you're on your own when it comes to my resources, try to get them from me.  I will never agree w/ a government policy that wants to take more of what I've earned for myself.

Would you want to say that I must "support the system that has allowed my success"?  If you want to explore that, I'd be happy to talk about that with you as well.

• Props 1

I just touched on health care in another thread. Truth be told Decyferon's statement, fuck the political class, and fuck Trump are 100% in line with my core values. That said, I'm also not entirely sure he's wrong about health care. I'd say the only difference we have most likely os I'm only for sharing resources with people I choose, my own community, not my entire country. I think coming from a smaller country like the U.K. makes the appeal of universal systems a little higher than it does in the U.S. Over here, we're much more individualist, still echoing our frontier, settler mentality in our thoughts. The concept of a countryman to an American is just different. I'd never pool my resources with a random stranger to split them evenly, especially something as important as my health, with someone who lives hundreds of miles away that I'll never meet.

Truth be told I just don't consider a random stranger's health records, bills, or anything for that matter any of my business unless we've got business, or do business. Like I'll give a bum money,  but if they act like they expect it, and try to force me to give them money like I owe them the only thing one of us is getting is a concussion. Even if 5 other people on the block outnumbered me, and try agree I should give it to him, I just don't think my money is their business.

Admittedly, this perspective isn't perfect either, and comes with it's own set of problems. I also don't feel like they have any business in my healthcare business, or need to pay my bills either. This perspective also does nothing to address people who aren't capable of taking care of their own needs by itself. I just think there are way better solutions than forcing everyone into a one size fits all system. Maybe I want to pay more for better service, maybe I want to pay less, it should be up to me, not a government agent. That's really all I've got on this. To me there's no better government, than no government.

• Like 3
  • Props 1

Y'all sound like you've never lived in a country with public "free" healthcare before.

It's not like you work a job and then have to pay for old mate sick ass hospital bills directly. It's just something your income tax goes toward. You already pay tax, do you know/care where it goes? Doesn't upset you it pays for shit you don't get to use?

With public healthcare it means that if anyone gets sick, or is born with a disability or has an accident, they are taken care of at a high level for no further out of pocket expense. We still have private health insurance if you can afford it and want additional options, but for the most part nothing will ever get in the way of you obtaining healthcare when you need it. 

Honestly, it's glorious. I've had 2 kids born in my states best hosptial and the total out of pocket was $0. Yes of course I've paid taxes for years where a percentage goes toward funding public health, but so have all the other citizens.  I don't give a fuck as I want access for me and my family and also for everyone else that needs it. It's the decent thing to do. 

Health should be accessible for all. 

• Props 1