2020 U.S. Election

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I did not co sign this bitch a year ago. Not mad at all about her vp nomination. I know a lot of folks around here could give a fuck about politics and I am one of them. Slowly backing out all together. But brehs. Explain what else you would have wanted to happen unless you just dig trumpito.....serious question here. 

Anyone but four more years of the nincompoop

Amazing to see how MSM / Social is in the process of reinventing Harris. She's both an obvious and surprising pick IMO. We knew he'd pick a female because he said he would. I think it was a better than fair shot the women would be a minority or something other than an establishment white lady. Not that Warren is establishment, but seemed pretty obvious she'd never get picked. Though, I could have seen HRC flex her influence into being put on the ticket, even if to everyone except her its a horse that's been flogged to death and then beaten into a stain, but Harris... Unless the left is truly dumb and lack all semblance of memory, they just threw it away with her.

My reasoning is that it's fairly obvious to anyone paying attention that elections are won by swing voters. No politician really gives a fuck about any segment other than that tiny minority of swing voters that push an election one way or another. I think that's why Harris was chosen... Biden's team are making a play for that moderate middle that could swing towards Trump, but are largely only voting for him as the lesser of two evils since Biden on his own is a waste fo air. Problem I see is that though Harris a lot going for her that might appeal to a moderate that sits slight right of center, she's still from CA and she has almost as much record for shit that runs counter to that type of individual as she does for them. Likewise, she's going to alienate the far left, as well as the moderate that sits left of center. Honestly, I think Biden needed to find a pick that fell closer to the libertarian camp. Harris is no doubt a contemptuous candidate and I think its going to backfire assuming this story continues on as it has. That being said, I'm very interested to see what curve ball comes next and I'm sort of expecting to see that out of the Trump camp or elsewhere that will spin him back into an advantageous position (for better or worse). I think the pandemic will likely fizzle out, which I think is why there's a scramble towards early voting. I don't think this will work the way the left wants it to. Likewise, I don't think they'll be able to keep pumping the pandemic, which is clearly the last real play I can see between now and November.

Only thing I know for certain is that 55%+ of teh country will be furious about the result regardless of who wins, that a far larger swath of the population is losing faith in government, which means the blue / red bandwagon is showing its wear and that very likely the result will be contested regardless of who wins it.

• Like 1

Idk squat enough to be posting a damn thing in here. But. I think you and anybody else who feels the coffin has just been closed with the Kamala thing are straight up missing the mark. From what I can see as a uninformed civilian, when Obama (s/o to the first black mon presy) was elected in 08 it really only happened because more minorities came out to vote for the first time ever. Just because shorty is the vp doesn’t mean it’s not happening the same exact way now. I had her canceled in my head from the jump based off the little history msm filled my head with, her being a terrible force in the criminal justice system. But i am for sure now feeling a push to ride. Call it what you will but that’s facts across the board for black and brown across the country. People are going to come out for this who were not simply because she’s black....

Pulled this from the times on the internets just for a flashback. 

image.jpeg.a5ea679f1a6bbaf9700ceb49aba3cfe9.jpeg

i’m almost sure he’ll get re-elected. just a gut feeling. may very well be proven wrong though. guess we’ll see come November. 

the utter salt mine it’s gonna generate if he does though... I’m still coasting on the 2016 meltdowns  

1 hour ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Idk squat enough to be posting a damn thing in here. But. I think you and anybody else who feels the coffin has just been closed with the Kamala thing are straight up missing the mark. From what I can see as a uninformed civilian, when Obama (s/o to the first black mon presy) was elected in 08 it really only happened because more minorities came out to vote for the first time ever. Just because shorty is the vp doesn’t mean it’s not happening the same exact way now. I had her canceled in my head from the jump based off the little history msm filled my head with, her being a terrible force in the criminal justice system. But i am for sure now feeling a push to ride. Call it what you will but that’s facts across the board for black and brown across the country. People are going to come out for this who were not simply because she’s black....

Pulled this from the times on the internets just for a flashback. 

image.jpeg.a5ea679f1a6bbaf9700ceb49aba3cfe9.jpeg

Its unfortunate that anyone would vote for anyone based upon skin color (or gender or sexual orientation) versus what they stand for and especially their track record. Thats a general statement, regardless if the individual has brown, black or white skin.

But in this specific case, if you take the time to look up her track record, you can see she is no friend of the black (or any minority) community. It was brought up in the primaries, but runs a good bit deeper. The consequences she had on those communities as a result of her stance on Marijuana and especially incarceration in general, especially in California, is part of why she might appeal to the right wing. I'd definitely suggest you look beyond skin deep (pun intended) and judge her based upon the way she's actually treated people and see if that aligns with your own sense of ethics and morality.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I did not co sign this bitch a year ago. Not mad at all about her vp nomination. I know a lot of folks around here could give a fuck about politics and I am one of them. Slowly backing out all together. But brehs. Explain what else you would have wanted to happen unless you just dig trumpito.....serious question here. 

I for sure don't like Trump. My thing is they chose this "lock em up" bitch, and Joe fingerbangin' Biden out of all the possible choices to me is fucking retarded. Both of these sociopaths are far less popular than Hillary, it's almost like sometimes I think the democrats are secretly working for Trump or something considering their disastrous presidential nominations since Obama.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

12 hours ago, misteraven said:

Its unfortunate that anyone would vote for anyone based upon skin color (or gender or sexual orientation) versus what they stand for and especially their track record. Thats a general statement, regardless if the individual has brown, black or white skin.

But in this specific case, if you take the time to look up her track record, you can see she is no friend of the black (or any minority) community. It was brought up in the primaries, but runs a good bit deeper. The consequences she had on those communities as a result of her stance on Marijuana and especially incarceration in general, especially in California, is part of why she might appeal to the right wing. I'd definitely suggest you look beyond skin deep (pun intended) and judge her based upon the way she's actually treated people and see if that aligns with your own sense of ethics and morality.

Maybe so, but facts and statistics are what it is in this particular situation. And quite frankly, I hate to derail the entire board on the matter but I can't really see how a guy who created this place could more or less seem so color blind when it comes to this or any other shit for that matter. I've gotten to know your stance on a thing or two since I've been back around here mainly off that permaculture shit followed by my own listenings on the survival podcast stuff. Seems like dudes are forgetting that the vast majority of the world, ESPECIALLY in basic ass black and brown communities are light years behind with understanding the ins and outs of wtf is really important outside of "oh shit, its a black lady up in there now, im finna vote like a mf." Unfortunate or not, more than most of the people that will jump to vote for this bitch, myself included but for different reasons, simply just don't give a fuck. And actually, when I really sit here (a good few too many down the ol gullet) and think about why I have personally decided to give a fuck to feel one way or another about either one of these democraticos I can't help but wonder why...? The fuck has it ever affected you or anyone else in here about how their total shit ass criminal justice track record and whatever pushes it even matters? Aside from that stuff I don't know a thing, but thats what every dude on earth seems to gravitate towards as a problem so it is what it is I reckon. Anyways, I said it already and I will say it again here, irdgaf what's going down as I am slowly but surely making moves to become financially and personally self reliant and generally do not care nor follow politics but I will for damn sure be casting probably my last ever vote for the bad cop and bad cop over letting that Cheeto fagget have another shot at making my polish relatives over seas look at our dumb ass country anymore sideways. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Kults said:

i’m almost sure he’ll get re-elected. just a gut feeling. may very well be proven wrong though. guess we’ll see come November. 

the utter salt mine it’s gonna generate if he does though... I’m still coasting on the 2016 meltdowns  

I hope you are wrong. But im going to side with recent history and go with 10 on black because its literally just that simple. The proof is right up in that ny times grid. Mf's that have never voted in their entire life showed up in historical numbers before cause there is black on the horizon, and it will happen again just because. Right or wrong, if you can even say so, it is what it is. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Maybe so, but facts and statistics are what it is in this particular situation. And quite frankly, I hate to derail the entire board on the matter but I can't really see how a guy who created this place could more or less seem so color blind when it comes to this or any other shit for that matter. I've gotten to know your stance on a thing or two since I've been back around here mainly off that permaculture shit followed by my own listenings on the survival podcast stuff. Seems like dudes are forgetting that the vast majority of the world, ESPECIALLY in basic ass black and brown communities are light years behind with understanding the ins and outs of wtf is really important outside of "oh shit, its a black lady up in there now, im finna vote like a mf." Unfortunate or not, more than most of the people that will jump to vote for this bitch, myself included but for different reasons, simply just don't give a fuck. And actually, when I really sit here (a good few too many down the ol gullet) and think about why I have personally decided to give a fuck to feel one way or another about either one of these democraticos I can't help but wonder why...? The fuck has it ever affected you or anyone else in here about how their total shit ass criminal justice track record and whatever pushes it even matters? Aside from that stuff I don't know a thing, but thats what every dude on earth seems to gravitate towards as a problem so it is what it is I reckon. Anyways, I said it already and I will say it again here, irdgaf what's going down as I am slowly but surely making moves to become financially and personally self reliant and generally do not care nor follow politics but I will for damn sure be casting probably my last ever vote for the bad cop and bad cop over letting that Cheeto fagget have another shot at making my polish relatives over seas look at our dumb ass country anymore sideways. 

Had a little tough time following but I think I understood what you're saying...

In regards to your early statement...

10 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

And quite frankly, I hate to derail the entire board on the matter but I can't really see how a guy who created this place could more or less seem so color blind when it comes to this or any other shit for that matter.

I think being color blind is the right thing, that's why I try to conduct myself like that. Obviously we're all older and wiser since the days we started on here. I try to be more thoughtful about my positions, but ultimately I've really just formalized a point of view on the world that I've largely always held... We'd all be better off if we just stopped getting in everyone elses business and handle out own shit. Whether its us as a society interacting, government or whatever authority... Lot of problems get solved pretty quick if people just did them and stopped worrying what the hell others are up to. Using this ideology as a basis, whether a person is black, white or green... Whether you like to bang members of the opposite sex or the same, think, this or whatever... Whether you believe in Allah or worship aliens... None of it matters so long as you do you and I do me. It's when I start to take positions on how you should live your live or you take positions on how I should live mine, thats when we get to where we see the world now... Everyone joining tribes and looking at everyone else as the enemy... 

In matters of race, if we keep using that as the basis for decisions, then it is what it is... Promoting people or holding people back because they happened to be born with a particular color of skin. Its not politically correct to point out that its a two way street, but reality is the only way we get past that particular issue is to stop making decisions based upon the color of an individuals skin and shift the conversation over to debating the merit of an individuals character, accomplishment and potential instead. If that's the conversation, then it doesn't matter if they're black, female, gay or anything else.

And yeah, I get that we aren't there yet. But here's the thing... If we keep waiting for the government to step in and fix this, you won't live long enough to see it solved. It's engineered like that. Only way this gets fixed is for each of us, one by one, to decide to take responsibility for ourselves (versus directing angst at everyone else) and conduct ourselves accordingly. No doubt its a tall order, but as you've gone on to mention further down your comment, you're waking up to that. The "irdgaf" attitude is the right one to have. Focus on your circle of control while everyone else wastes their lives in their circle of concern. As discussed elsewhere, the time / energy / effort spent on the circle of concern comes at the direct expense of your circle of control, which is why the world is in the state its in with everyone fucked up. Ignore the distractions, cause that's all they really are when they take your time, but give nothing back towards improving the quality of your life. Put that time / energy / effort to doing you and doing the things you need to do become the human being you aspire to be as well as engineer the life you want for yourself and your family. 

That being said, none of the clowns running for office... White, black, male or female are going to do shit to help you accomplish what you need to do. Reality is Washington DC is a dumpster fire and they really don't give a fuck about you, me or anyone except for that small sliver of America in certain states that actually do affect elections: swing voters. They don't give a fuck about their base, cause their base doesn't win elections... Its already built in. The people that they're concerned with are the ones on the fence... the swing voters that can go either way on shit. And that's precisely the reasoning for Biden picking Harris. Biden used the fact that she's black and that she's female in a strategic play to try and pull in the swing voters. 6 months ago, they were trashing each other, now its win / win... Biden needs her for the color of her skin and she needs him to navigate her way into the white house. So both forfeit their integrity for the prize of the White House. Disingenuous as it is, its really no different with any of them, left or right and at the end of the day whoever occupies the Whitehouse is really going to have little to no impact on improving the quality of your life. That responsibility is yours and yours alone and the more time you spend focusing on all this dumb shit the media spews out 24/7, the less you have left to handle your own shit.

• Like 1
  • Props 2

10 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I hope you are wrong. But im going to side with recent history and go with 10 on black because its literally just that simple. The proof is right up in that ny times grid. Mf's that have never voted in their entire life showed up in historical numbers before cause there is black on the horizon, and it will happen again just because. Right or wrong, if you can even say so, it is what it is. 

I'd agree with @Kults... Its exponentially more difficult to unseat an incumbent. Its actually pathetic that there's actually even a possibility that someone can't show up and unseat Trump after all the dumb shit that guy has said and done in the last years... Really goes to prove out my point about what a dumpster fire DC is when its actually a race. But regardless, I suspect the early voting effort that solely benefits the left won't pan out. Only people rushing to vote is the enthusiastic base that was only going to vote one way anyways. I think its obvious at this point that Biden's handlers are working triple time to keep him from talking on camera cause the dude is a shit show every time he opens his mouth. Only so long you can hold that back and though you can expect to see Harris take the lead on airtime, eventually they need to put Biden on stage and let him talk. Its going to be a spectacle and a half to see him take the stage with Trump. Likewise, I have my doubts that they'll be able to stretch COVID into November and there's already evidence of the economy bouncing. Had it remained on its trajectory pre-COVID, Biden would next to know chance. Now he only has a chance because of COVID. My thought are the swing voters, who tend to be more informed and intelligent than the average voter, are going to be very unhappy with their choice this election, but that ultimately they'll go with Trump. Obviously this all speculation but that's my best guess and a little explantation for why I'm guessing its likely Trump will win this. And again, for the record... I'm not at all a Trump fan.

• Truth 1

That said. I cannot, will not, agree that the hood doesn't need or shouldn't get government assistance in climbing out of the 100+ year old mountain of shit it created. It will never happen. And yes, im talking about reparations but not in the sense of handing a mother fucker money. The one and only way to get folks to understand they are in control of their own shit. That they don't have to stay uneducated, unmotivated, or just straight up ignorant to a better life....The government 100% can and should start from the bottom by making damn sure our problematic communities have better schools and better family resources than any rich white kid suburb. After a few decades of those particular equal opportunities, maybe more, we can then revisit the whole taking ownership of yourself and there shouldn't be any excuses.

Edited by NightmareOnElmStreet

45 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

That said. I cannot, will not, agree that the hood doesn't need or shouldn't get government assistance in climbing out of the 100+ year old mountain of shit it created. It will never happen. And yes, im talking about reparations but not in the sense of handing a mother fucker money. The one and only way to get folks to understand they are in control of their own shit. That they don't have to stay uneducated, unmotivated, or just straight up ignorant to a better life....The government 100% can and should start from the bottom by making damn sure our problematic communities have better schools and better family resources than any rich white kid suburb. After a few decades of those particular equal opportunities, maybe more, we can then revisit the whole taking ownership of yourself and there shouldn't be any excuses.

I'm not going to say that I disagree or that I agree. I just want to point out the flaw in the real world implementation of the point you're making here. If you offload responsibility to anyone else for your well being, it puts you at their mercy. You're asking for the government to assume a responsibility and level of compassion that it never really has. We had 8 years of a young black president and in 8 years, he put essentially no effort into addressing this issue, despite being from Chicago; a city that probably best exemplifies how an economically challenged region will devolve into the worst example of violence, drugs and broken families.

51 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

The one and only way to get folks to understand they are in control of their own shit.

The one and only way to get folks to understand they are in control of their own shit is by putting them in control of their own shit. That means that for better or worse, they're responsible for their own well being, their own opportunity, their own success. Likewise, they're responsible for their own short comings, their own failures and their own mess. Once you reallocate that responsibility to someone else, which is in itself taking away control, you create a dynamic that leads to dependency. It goes without saying that nobody will ever look out for your best interest better than you will and its obvious that nobody has the vested  interest in looking out for your family to the degree that you do. So why take that chance?

My opinion is that we break all those ties between government and people. Like kicking a teenager out of the house, it'll hurt for a while until you get your bearing and establish some traction, but its easy to look back and see how taking charge of your life provides the freedom to go chase your own thing. Instead we demand that government regulates discrimination and ensures equal opportunity rather than managing the people themselves.

There's a famous quote that speaks to this that is often attributed to Thomas Jefferson. Probably wasn't him that actually said, but it's still a great quote"

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have

On 8/13/2020 at 2:49 PM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

While I agree this would help some of the kids in these communities that did want to embrace their education (likely out of their own free will and not from influence from their parents..... in some cases) I think the difficult thing would be providing what is defined as a "good school".

A "good school" is usually one that has a success rate with academics.  This isn't necessarily something the school is in control of by itself.  There are so many factors outside of the school facility and faculty that work there that can affect whether or not there is a high academic success rate.  One of those things is parenting at home being a certain way.  I grew up as a low income person and this isn't a pity party, I just want to explain that I know what the hood is like... in San Antonio anyway.  The predominant thing that allowed me to be a hoodrat kid was the fact that my single mother was busting her ass at work to afford to house me and my two brothers.  This let me have a ton of freedom to do all kinds of stuff kids in more successful communities likely weren't allowed to do.  If you consider that nuclear families usually have someone available to watch children at all times up until the age of 18 when they are hopefully prepared to be good young adults.

The hood is missing this part of their at home education all together in a lot of cases.  Those are only some parents, like my mom, working too hard to be home to watch and raise kids w/ guidance.  There are also hoodrat parents that do hoodrat shit and let their kids do whatever they want.  I knew people/kids like this too when I was in San Antonio.

To bring it together, I think a culture shift needs to happen.  People need to "be woke" in a new way, and that's the way that I see in many Texans.  Fend for yourself, work hard, good rewards will come, treat your neighbors well, etc.  "Good teachers" won't want to risk working in these high risk areas where kids are doing stuff like bringing weapons regularly, the lockers are covered in graffiti that is never cleaned and every bathroom has wet TP wads thrown stuck to the ceiling.

I'm by no means pointing any fingers at anyone, I'm just saying I don't know how you fix the cultural problems that make some schools bad.  If you put a school in the hood then it very likely will be one that scores low academically compared to a school in a neighborhood where people have money.

Also remember that not everyone that has money had it handed to them.  I'm a white dude that has worked my fuckin cock off for what I have and many people would view me as just some white privilege ass hole who never had it hard.  This isn't about me, but I don't think the government can legislate not being a shit head and letting your kids do whatever they want.  That's the real rampant problem.  People don't have morals or religion anymore and it's fucking a lot of people up without them even knowing how or why.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I'm a white dude that has worked my fuckin cock off for what I have and many people would view me as just some white privilege ass hole who never had it hard.

You pretty much summed up 99.99% of white America, although I am sure you also pretty much summed up 99.999% of Caucasians globally.   

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

But not to leave anyone out, I would have to say I believe if people read between the lines of your post you pretty much summed up the middle class on a global level of all skin tones.

For example:  worked my fuckin cock off for what I have and many people would view me as just some privilege ass hole who never had it hard

• Truth 1

I think that may go another way

you implement great schools

great after school programs

great community centers

great cultural centers

all in the hope of elevating distraught neighborhoods 

but

that is a recipe for gentrification 

these implementations would need to come with rent controls and probably even incentive s for new businesses owned and operated by community members to keep the community intact, and not pushed out of their neighborhoods. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

I agree w/ you @KILZ FILLZ.  I think, however, the "implement great _________" is what I was trying to address in my last post.  Ask yourself, what makes any of those things "great"?  It's not because at their inception, the person putting those things in place just decided they'd be great.  They were great AFTER the people of the community made them that way.  It's a chicken/egg problem if you ask me.

The "bad schools" are a reflection of the "bad communities".  Putting a "good school" in a bad community will only turn a good school into a bad school.... I would think.

26 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

The "bad schools" are a reflection of the "bad communities".  Putting a "good school" in a bad community will only turn a good school into a bad school.... I would think.

I was listening to a TED talk yesterday about just this topic. It was about a guy that had some art teacher at his school pretty much open the art department to anyone that wanted to do art when ever they wanted. The guy said his senior year he skipped every class that he had to stay in the art department and do pottery all day. He traded the pottery he made to the teachers of the classes he skipped to get a passing grade. He eventually graduated from college and when he did, he went back into his fucked up ass neighborhood and opened a community art center. He said that 88% of the kids from the neighborhood that go to his art center graduate from college.

Which brings me to my next question; why?

Im sure there are a fair amount of parents that use the art center as a babysitting service. Maybe there are some parents thay genuinely want their child to have some kind of culture in their life. 

I've noticed first hand what shitty parenting looks like with my neices and nephews. Their father has custody of them every other weekend and just plops them down in front of a tv or lets his current wife put them to work cleaning up behind her two kids. When they go home to their mom, for much of their early life they were screamed at, hit and dragged around by their hair because she doesnt have the ability to control 6 young children by herself.

So me and my wife started taking 2 of the kids at a time on the weekend their dad doesnt have them to get them away from the craziness. I found it amazing just how little kids need in the way of attention and encouragement to boost their self esteem and get them rolling on the right path to better grades and success in life.

• Props 3

1 hour ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I agree w/ you @KILZ FILLZ.  I think, however, the "implement great _________" is what I was trying to address in my last post.  Ask yourself, what makes any of those things "great"?  It's not because at their inception, the person putting those things in place just decided they'd be great.  They were great AFTER the people of the community made them that way.  It's a chicken/egg problem if you ask me.

Yeah I get what you’re saying. You can’t just drop a school there with all new computers and let it ride, it requires sustainment. That’s going to be hard because school funding is tied to local taxes and the difference in that tax revenue between poor areas and affluent areas is going to be huge.

That difference in funding means some kids have opportunities for AP classes and others don’t. Teachers make higher wages at those schools with the higher tax revenues than the poor communities. Elective courses and after school programs get cut at the schools in the areas with lower revenue. Same with tutoring and supplies. The condition of the buildings is even impacted.  It’s a huge ball of wax. 

but, I would wager, that if that tax revenue was spread more evenly, you’d see high school graduation rates increase across the board. 

the other side of this position is a saying I learned at work :

“with neither accountability, or recognition, there will be no motivation.”

Those burdens can only be dealt with my the school to a certain point.  Then the household comes into play. 

@Dirty_habiT 

@KILZ FILLZ

@mr.yuck

Thanks y’all for the word contribution. end of the day we’re all kind of missing the mark a smidge. For starters, I definitely included “family resources” as a main line highway to one of the 2 ass things the state, in all it’s glory should/could get involved with. Schools...paired with family resources...this means more than just some Michelle phifer saves the day ass teacher hoe comin in trying to fix every nigga in the hood....as a former educator I know things about that system your average joe simply doesn’t understand. A good school ain’t shit without the right teachers in there. And good teachers that are compensated for their sincere dedication and compassion ain’t shit either without a healthy arsenal of equally dedicated and compassionate clinicians. The hoods we are all talking about are so fucked up, no amount of money can be thrown out to save these niggas mane. They need severe family therapy paired with highly compassionate  educated cats in a carefully crafted school system. This is some shit that could be takin care of with the right attention and funding but it probably won’t be and the decades will move along and we’ll see more 1 year olds getting accidental bullets because well the blacks just keep on killing them selves etc etc whatever.

• Like 1
  • Props 1