2020 U.S. Election

abrasivesaint

2 minutes ago, Kults said:

disagree. how can you call it honest if he doesn’t practice what he preaches? 

How he came across. He definitely speaks with passion on the subject. Don’t know much about the dude, but whether he is honest or not, he knows how to come across as honest.

So someone with a different agenda could potentially use his same strategy to push another thought process into the American psyche. 

Smoke and mirrors or not, he changed shit with his conviction.

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I think that's just it.   Its gotta be someone who is walks the walk and talks the talk.   And bernie isn't one of them.  It was more so, hey man nice shot.  

I think what dark knight is trying to get at is it will probably be someone who isn't politically motivated and I don't mean trump type.  Someone who is genuinely neutral.  But regardless of who and how, its gonna come with repercussions  in a whole new light that will probably force people to really look deep at themselves and wonder what the hell they have been listening and doing all these years. 

I get what dark knight is trying to explain, and its a scary thought really.   Scary because people will believe anything they hear but disagree with by running to the poles so to speak.  

Idk, I am typing with my mind in other places too. 

• Props 2

4 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

How he came across. He definitely speaks with passion on the subject. Don’t know much about the dude, but whether he is honest or not, he knows how to come across as honest.

So someone with a different agenda could potentially use his same strategy to push another thought process into the American psyche. 

ah ok. ya i don’t necessarily disagree with that. he knows how to rile his base up. make no mistake, he’s as crooked as the rest of em though

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/01/bernie-sanders-family-money/amp

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

2 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

I think you just explained the scary part.  Basically your saying regardless of how incompetent, reckless, or dishonest someone is, as long as they have the talk, people will fall short of themselves.  

• Props 1

26 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

Whether you agree with him or not, his conviction was that of honesty and genuineness. Whether he practices what he preaches isn’t necessarily important in that regard. 

My point being is if he can drastically change the dynamic of American thought, someone else could too. 

Yeah, I understood what you were driving at there.  You were pointing out that Bernie flipped so many people so quickly, even though he wasn't, apparently, being nefarious.... he still did it with good intentions.

Someone else w/ actual good ideas/policies could do the same.  I think we're seeing some of that now.

One thing I think we can do to improve things too is to SIMPLIFY our government.  I think there are too many branches and too many hands in the cookie jar.  Too many cooks in the kitchen.  This shit needs to be simple enough for ANYONE to understand what's going on without having to get a college degree in politics.  I think taking the money out and removing a lot of positions would lower taxes.

Think of how many government salaries are being paid for w/ tax dollars.  I'm ok w/ military spending.  I don't know how much I'm ok with, but I'm ok with taxes that I've been forced to pay going to that cause.... because we need it.

That same tax money also is used for other things that are considered "good" by those that oppose  military spending.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

Mind you, Trump followed the same tactic. Bernie had a goal, where Trumps only goal was power. 

But this veered the convo off topic. My b

I'm not so sure about that.  Trump had more power than many leaders in the world before he was president.

Are you suggesting that becoming president was just an item to check off of the power grab check list for Trump and that he didn't actually come to do what he said he came to do which was "drain the swamp"?

I don't think the little power network built by the cheaters was supposed to let someone that wasn't part of their game through into such a high leadership position.  If you recall, they tried VERY VERY hard to keep him from being president both before and after he was elected.  There is a reason for this.  I don't remember any other election in my lifetime where there was such a drive to PREVENT someone else from becoming president.

I even asked my parents about this.  They both said the same thing, that this shit is crazy, and they've never seen anything like this in politics.  My point is that this is for a reason.  NOBODY puts this much effort and resources into trying to prevent someone from doing something unless they have a really good reason for it. 

The really good reason for it, here, is because Trump is going to shake down all these fools and they know that there's nothing they can do to stop it once someone like him is there in the position he's in.

If he has it his way, you might just not have to get some yen in your pocket to be alright.  I'd be fine w/ that.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

Mind you, Trump followed the same tactic. Bernie had a goal, where Trumps only goal was power. 

But this veered the convo off topic. My b

This is true. And I agree by saying their all narcissistic megalomaniacs in their own right.   But not to get to off topic, but it pretty much takes a narcissistic or megalomania personality to move people.  

• Truth 1

10 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I'm not so sure about that.  Trump had more power than many leaders in the world before he was president.

Are you suggesting that becoming president was just an item to check off of the power grab check list for Trump and that he didn't actually come to do what he said he came to do which was "drain the swamp"?

I don't think the little power network built by the cheaters was supposed to let someone that wasn't part of their game through into such a high leadership position.  If you recall, they tried VERY VERY hard to keep him from being president both before and after he was elected.  There is a reason for this.  I don't remember any other election in my lifetime where there was such a drive to PREVENT someone else from becoming president.

I even asked my parents about this.  They both said the same thing, that this shit is crazy, and they've never seen anything like this in politics.  My point is that this is for a reason.  NOBODY puts this much effort and resources into trying to prevent someone from doing something unless they have a really good reason for it. 

The really good reason for it, here, is because Trump is going to shake down all these fools and they know that there's nothing they can do to stop it once someone like him is there in the position he's in.

If he has it his way, you might just not have to get some yen in your pocket to be alright.  I'd be fine w/ that.

I agree.   He has done a lot that he said he was going to do.  However, I am still waiting on him locking up hillary.  🤨 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

People love to say Trump has delivered on so many campaign promises.. except they can never name them.

At least any that benefit anyone who isn’t a fucking corporation or a millionaire. 

They only “swamp” thats been drained are his own people who have had enough of his bullshit. The “swamp” is as stanky as it ever was.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

People love to say Trump has delivered on so many campaign promises.. except they can never name them.

At least any that benefit anyone who isn’t a fucking corporation or a millionaire. 

They only “swamp” thats been drained are his own people who have had enough of his bullshit. The “swamp” is as stanky as it ever was.

well ackshully... BBC NEWS - Trump's campaign promises - has he delivered on them?

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

15 hours ago, ndv said:

@Dirty_habiT  honestly, trump is going to be president for the next 4 years, and while he is in his last term there's going to be a lot more swamp cleaning, and I have a hunch its going to be on both sides of the isle.  

With someone like Trump, the shady republican/conservatives aren't safe either.  Even though he guns for that side, he does not and absolutely will not support corruption or shade tree stuff.  At least that is what his personality and character has spoken to.  You can read it on his face and when he talks, the man has nothing to hide.  He may not articulate his words that well at all times but neither does anyone else that hasn't made that the focus of their life.  The things we SHOULD hold him to a high standard on, he has lived up to..... the saying silly shit sometimes and making people mad..... I dgaf about that and I think it's a little hilarious.

He's getting the hard work part of the job done and he's even got time to fuck off and troll people in the media. A++

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

Honestly just don’t understand how anyone could support trump in any way. He needs to go. Get Biden in there so we can be mutually disappointed with our president as a nation. Start fresh in 4 years. 

It doesn't take long at all for a person or group of people with bad intentions to ruin things in a really bad way for us.  I think we've made positive strides for OUR country with this current president and will continue to do so.  I cannot vouch for that with Biden/Camel-a.

Nothing about any policy they've talked about has a good ring to it.  Nothing.  It's not because "they're on the other team."  It could be someone in a squirrel suit spouting their same policies and I'd be like you're fucking nuts.  It's not personal and has everything to do with the fact that they don't have what it takes to lead a country like the USA.

She should go try out her hand on a small country or a small province in Europe first somewhere.  None of the people in the Biden/Harris camp are capable of moving our game pieces forward towards the goal of peace and fairness.  It isn't even about their intentions, it's the fact that they have not demonstrated the capability necessary to lead people properly.

In contrast, what does it take to run a company?  I bet my bottom dollar I could hand the keys to a million dollar company and 90% of anyone reading this would run that shit into the ground no matter what group you sampled be it 12oz or people on facebook.

Here's where I'm going with this: Trump was not simply handed keys to successful companies like people that don't like him want to claim he was.  I've known a small handful of incredibly successful CEO's/founders from working in Austin, TX.  I can tell you they have a certain personality, they're go getters.  It takes a certain person to lead and not fuck everything up.

Trump has done this,  He has leader written all over him.  Sure, he could use a publicist probably and follow a prompt for certain speeches, but his raw nature has made him the person he is.  If he is president again, and I think he will be, I think a lot of people in the swamp need to get comfortable with the words "your fired."  I'm gonna be kickin it for 4 years with my popcorn as the little jenga tower of cheating and lies implodes on itself.

I bet you're going to see a lot of people narc'ing on eachother and it's going to be hilarious.  That's what rats do, they narc on eachother and they do rat like activities.

• Like 1

@abrasivesaint- I understand (I think) your viewpoint, however, I don't think that the strides we've made as a country (we should stop separating ourselves from our president and have some loyalty to who our fellow citizens have elected fairly) have been only for the benefit of "the rich" and "the corporations".

What do you consider rich?

What is so wrong about running a corporation that makes profits?

Keep in mind the logical fallacy in thinking that for someone to benefit someone else has to suffer.  In a free world, everyone is capable of starting their own corporation.  Many people do this.  Guess what though, imagine @abrasivesaint, that you started a cupcake food truck company out of a airstream trailer in downtown.  Over a few years, you end up growing and making smart choices, and you end up running 14 trucks that are the same, all over the city.  You're really starting to feel the growth of owning a business and profits.

Now, imagine, that Pepsi Cola, huge "evil" mega corp sends a plain clothes rep out because they've heard you're doing something special.  The rep offers to buy out all your trucks and your name for $10M.  You're in the business for about $1.5M total over the course of a few years.

What would you do?
Would you say "fuck the mega corp, they're cheating on their taxes and benefiting while the normal people are suffering?"
Would you say "hell yes, where can I sign?"

The point I'm making is that MANY people have become wealthy like this through hard work, smart decisions, and careful planning.  They're not bad people for doing it.  Some of them are so good at what they do, they go on to start another business using the knowledge they had from the last one.... to make the new one better.  Sometimes, it turns into a mega corp and they become filthy fucking rich.

But I would walk away from the idea that people with a lot of money are inherently evil.  Or people that have owned or run mega corps are somehow not good people, or they've somehow cheated.

Really, when I feel miffed or upset about something I try to focus inward and understand what I can change about myself to not feel that same way, especially when it's not something I can control.  I'm only one vote, and so is everyone else reading here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

(we should stop separating ourselves from our president and have some loyalty to who our fellow citizens have elected fairly)

Technically the citizens elected Hilary. She got 2.87 million more votes than Trump did. Trump won the electoral college. Which is a bullshit system that gives more power to peoples votes in certain states. 

11 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

Technically the citizens elected Hilary. She got 2.87 million more votes than Trump did. Trump won the electoral college. Which is a bullshit system that gives more power to peoples votes in certain states. 

Thats such a cop out. I know that’s the narrative but think about it. That is the system in place, he absolutely did get elected. Not Hillary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kults said:

Thats such a cop out. I know that’s the narrative but think about it. That is the system in place, he absolutely did get elected. Not Hillary. 

Saying the people voting for him isn’t an accurate statement. Not a cop out. Just a fact. The people voted for Hilary. The system voted for trump.

7 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

Saying the people voting for him isn’t an accurate statement. Not a cop out. Just a fact. The people voted for Hilary. The system voted for trump.

but the system is what decides the outcome. that system was put in place by the people. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kults said:

please elaborate? 

The people don’t vote for the president. The electors do. The popular vote, which is the cumulative results of the votes of the people themselves, does not matter. What matters is winning the most electoral votes. Al Gore also won the popular vote in 2000. 

The system is able to be manipulated. Large populated areas, like the east coast, and California, etc. Will always vote Democrat. They have dense population of highly educated people. 

Which is why the republicans, over the course of the last 60 some years, have worked themselves into being the party of rural America. Win those states and you won’t lose.

But what states are the most important are ones like Michigan, Florida, and Ohio. 50/50 states that have large cities but also rural land, and a good amount of electoral votes. 

So in reality, a vote in California means less than mine does. The population of those three states as a whole is roughly the same as the population of California, but has 12 more electoral votes. 

Therefore, my vote means more. Not all votes are created equal in the presidential election. It’s a rigged system. Not set up by the people, but elected officials from hundreds of years ago who didn’t anticipate the population growth, or expect the system to last long term. 

edit: dated map. Trying to find a recent one.

Edited by Dark_Knight

None of that clarifies what you meant by 

the electoral college was implemented by the same type of people Trump is supposedly going to save America from. Not the people.’

Not sure what you’re trying to say exactly.

If you end the electoral college every election going forward would be decided  by NY and CA. Neither of which implemented it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

Funny that you just accurately described the electoral college yet, imply it’s a bad thing.

I’ve noticed that it always seems those that cry loudest for democracy also seem to not like the electoral college despite it being engineered to keep balance amongst the majority. If we had no electoral college basically there’s be no point in even voting since NYC and CA would literally decide every vote. 

• Like 2