What are you doing RIGHT NOW.

tonysoprano

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Just got done trying to explain what I do every day to the new packaging lead who has no idea what he got himself into with his position.

I'm like " yeah im the back up operator , back up packaging , back up stuffer , back up back up back up maintenance , back up assistant line lead but rarely , I think I'm a trainer but not sure although I was given a trainer helmet , oh and I'm pretty good at drywalling now  , oh and break relief but we only have 2 of us tending the line cause it's an experimental rnd branch as you know so I guess not really break relief , oh and uh I'm supposed to be learning the new inventory and sap system that doesn't exist yet also.

Yeah they make these plastic/rubber qtip things that has a soft scoop on one end. Also I used to get nasty block ups in one of my ears. The first time it happened I thought I went dead. So I went to the doctor and he looked it n my earball and said “No wonder you can’t hear. I can’t even see your eardrum.” So he comes back with an assistant and she is holding this little white oval dish. The doctor is holding some god damn steampunk sized metal syringe with a blaster tube on the end of it. He makes me press my good ear against the wall while his assistant holds the white dish under my deaf ear. Homeboy takes this surgical caulk gun and puts it in my ear. He cranks back and fires off a stream of hot water into my head flushing out this gnarly black plug of earwax at least the size of a marble.

I recommend that route. It’s uncomfortable but it gets the job done first shot

• Pause 1

1 minute ago, mr.yuck said:

Yeah they make these plastic/rubber qtip things that has a soft scoop on one end. Also I used to get nasty block ups in one of my ears. The first time it happened I thought I went dead. So I went to the doctor and he looked it n my earball and said “No wonder you can’t hear. I can’t even see your eardrum.” So he comes back with an assistant and she is holding this little white oval dish. The doctor is holding some god damn steampunk sized metal syringe with a blaster tube on the end of it. He makes me press my good ear against the wall while his assistant holds the white dish under my deaf ear. Homeboy takes this surgical caulk gun and puts it in my ear. He cranks back and fires off a stream of hot water into my head flushing out this gnarly black plug of earwax at least the size of a marble.

I recommend that route. It’s uncomfortable but it gets the job done first shot

Which route? You listed two. Scooper? Or having doctor molest your eardrum?

• LOL! 3

6 minutes ago, morton said:

https://www.cvs.com/shop/cvs-health-ear-wax-removal-syringe-prodid-440621

Soften it up first with OTC drops, spray and keep it up, after ten minutes or so the chunks will flow. gag, the good red ones that are all hard.

That’s the exact product I used. Unfortunately, the chunks did not flow and it took a few days of consistent treatment for it to clear. Yellowish liquid would drain out after using the drops.

It got clogged after removing ear plugs and then using a q-tip…I know, I know….not supposed to use q-tips but I could not resist.

7 hours ago, LUGR said:

That’s the exact product I used. Unfortunately, the chunks did not flow and it took a few days of consistent treatment for it to clear. Yellowish liquid would drain out after using the drops.

It got clogged after removing ear plugs and then using a q-tip…I know, I know….not supposed to use q-tips but I could not resist.

Y’all scarin the shit outta me with all this lol. Never had it happen to my knowledge. 

1 hour ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Y’all scarin the shit outta me with all this lol. Never had it happen to my knowledge. 

I have had it twice this past year. Never before though. You will know if it happens because it is uncomfortable and annoying.

Good luck out there.

On 11/14/2021 at 9:26 PM, LUGR said:

Trying to unclog my ear. It’s clogged with wax and is getting annoying. I have tried over the counter drops, hydrogen peroxide and warm water (not all at the same time). Any suggestions?

As a child my mom would put a few drops of warm oil in our ears and put a cotton ball lightly outside the ear to prevent leaking out. 

when I got older and started wearing hearing aides, this product was introduced to me. 

I know I’m late but maybe for future ref

AEBDA4D0-78BA-4044-B9CC-AE550C1588D8.jpeg

• Like 4

Some halfway attempt at making 2 big gingerbread men cut outs for my back patio decorations 

letting these dry them I’ll clean up the edge   Paint. Outline with lights somehow  attach to stand (gotta make the stands still) 

maybe some other candies with left over cardboard. 

BFE10E75-C582-43B1-BE8A-DFD553CD2250.thumb.jpeg.7bd911e1d2c6f0df70d3c1f567c7bbb2.jpeg

26BD52B5-CDC2-47DA-B078-17DFD08F0601.thumb.jpeg.cc3895713d1220da94771744ffed8e71.jpeg

4DAB6898-87B6-47B0-91F1-DE785E15C68D.thumb.jpeg.39426c3d4187fa0953c883ff7522e25a.jpeg

these are intended to be gumdrops 

4D053366-B5F6-439E-BEED-052C3F59A93E.thumb.jpeg.556dd8d54eaf6ee4071b52b55138c06b.jpeg

like most things-I’m just eyeballing it and guessing the next step 

• Like 2
  • Props 1