What are you doing RIGHT NOW.

tonysoprano

20210831_144440.thumb.jpg.011151556c5918414fc5613029308123.jpg

32 minutes ago, ndv said:

Not yet, but came close a several years back. 

I'll have to post my "recommended maintenance" results when I get a moment.

So here's the recommended maintenance.  Which sounds about right considering my dealer said all this will be done when I bring it in at the 40k mark.  I guess now I will have prices to compare.  

• Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 minute ago, SMdoubleXL said:

What kind of turtles were they? They were  beautiful 

Yeah they really were. The bright yellow one especially. They were super cool. I noticed they were stretching their necks way out over the grass to look around and make sure the coast was clear. So when I scared them and they went into their shells, I started to mimic their behavior by stretching my neck out and looking around. They instantly popped back out of their shells and started looking around with me.

Eastern box turtle

Terrapene carolina carolina - scientific name

• Like 2
  • Props 2

I do not know about 40K but it is my understanding that transmission fluid flushing or changing in high millage vehicles causes more harm than good. All of those recommendations look quite suspect in my opinion.

Had a buddy years ago that fell for that shit at a jiffy lube, they smoked the engine and he was left with a recently paid off ride that he could not drive. Paid off at minimum wage no less.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

Follow your owner's manual, it tells you what maintenance is needed at what mileage.  If something is recommended outside of that time frame ask why/have them show you.   I've done transmission fluid once or twice per car I've owned.  I usually push my cars over 200,000 miles and you could feel the transmission before and the improvement after.  This was on Accords.  

Anyhow I love going for any car service because most places are waiting to get you with a list of shit that "needs" doing.  It's been entertaining at times to see them be like we recommend you do X now and me being like isn't that recommended to be done at 75,000 miles?  And then I get to watch them stumble over themselves or be like yeah, you can wait on that a bit.  Also really love the move where they bring you your air filters and tell you they're dirty, do you want to replace them?  Like yeah, they have dirt on them, they're filters, it is what they do, it doesn't mean they need to be replaced quite yet.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

• 3 weeks later...

@mr.yuck not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish, but if its anything to do with residential/commercial lighting e.g. led strips/strands, then you will want to look at voltage regulators and all that other good stuff.  Having the proper voltage per length will keep your leds lit and not cause fatigue then burnout. 

4 hours ago, ndv said:

@mr.yuck not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish, but if its anything to do with residential/commercial lighting e.g. led strips/strands, then you will want to look at voltage regulators and all that other good stuff.  Having the proper voltage per length will keep your leds lit and not cause fatigue then burnout. 

looking into building my own grow lights. As soon as any kind of piece of equipment gets a marijuana sticker slapped on the side of it, the price increases by about 300% for no god damn reason.

33 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

looking into building my own grow lights. As soon as any kind of piece of equipment gets a marijuana sticker slapped on the side of it, the price increases by about 300% for no god damn reason.

Got ya.  I was thinking along the lines of accent lighting for a kitchen or something.  

Yeah, i know nothing about the growing.  SMDXL may be able to help.  I heard she is an expert at growing hemp. 

• Like 1

When I was a kid, my family was eating at a restaurant that had bidets. I turned it on and these things sprayed a powerful arc and the sinks were right in front of the stalls. When my brother was washing his hands, I turned the bidet on and it sprayed him in the back. He spent the rest of dinner wet with toilet water.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 5