Vent

GucciCondom

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mr.yuck said:

Let it out bro. Im about to drop a series of invoices that will guarantee this particular project managers numbers are so fucked up he will never see a dollar of commission again in his life.

I have a few invoice issues too.  Mine are being delayed on payment. 

As for the the "customer" who I am about to let go pretty soon, the issues have been brewing for a while.    It's basically one of those companies with the mentality of thinking they are you're only customer or you're biggest customer.  So my mistake was allowing it to keep happening but, it has come to a point were I think the customer thinks I wait by the phone for them to call and drop everything everytime they do call.   One main reason i think its this way is because the owner treats employees like crap so i guess that mentality is trickled down and employees begin to act that way.  IDK?  

But one thing I do know, the boss sets the tone. 

So with the O&G so slow 🐌  I think it would be a good time to clean house.  

I just do not have the patience for people of the morementioned, professionally or personally.  I know times are tough but sometimes things need to be done regardless of timing so to speak. 

1 minute ago, Dark_Knight said:

I got laid off in March from covid and won’t be back until at least April. This is a reminder that retirement is probably boring 

Retirement boring.  Funny you say this, I have thought about it, but remember how bored I get when I have taken vacation days and didn't leave my city.

1 minute ago, ndv said:

Retirement boring.  Funny you say this, I have thought about it, but remember how bored I get when I have taken vacation days and didn't leave my city.

So much potential and freedom but spending my entire adult life showing up where I’m told has made it harder than you’d think. Just a worker ant without an ant hill now.

15 minutes ago, ndv said:

I have a few invoice issues too.  Mine are being delayed on payment. 

As for the the "customer" who I am about to let go pretty soon, the issues have been brewing for a while.    It's basically one of those companies with the mentality of thinking they are you're only customer or you're biggest customer.  So my mistake was allowing it to keep happening but, it has come to a point were I think the customer thinks I wait by the phone for them to call and drop everything everytime they do call. 

This is the exact same thing I have been dealing with. Ive been letting it go on for about 5 months now. This fool is trying to treat me like an employee of his company. Hey I need you to take care of this and I need you to take care of that. Just bill me for it. Im sitting on  about 4 months of "just bill me for it"s. I was gonna let a lot of it slide but this dude really pissed me off today. Hammer time!

31 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

This is the exact same thing I have been dealing with. Ive been letting it go on for about 5 months now. This fool is trying to treat me like an employee of his company. Hey I need you to take care of this and I need you to take care of that. Just bill me for it. Im sitting on  about 4 months of "just bill me for it"s. I was gonna let a lot of it slide but this dude really pissed me off today. Hammer time!

Don't be too pissed, I let mine go on for more than a year, my issue was that I started on the wrong foot with them, and let things slide.  And now I let myself no way to negociate, its like i have a stuborn bull.  And allowing it to happen is my biggest mistake.  In their eyes I allowed them the have higher ground and they know that.  Now it's time to correct it, and the only way I can is to cut them loose.  And if, if they decide to come back, that's where I will have the opportunity to renegotiate.   Of course it pisses me off, but I am not so much pissed at the customer as I am at myself for allowing it to happen, however, i am still pissed at them because of the disrespect they have toward people and that doesn't fly.   I would just be even more pissed in the end the longer it delay corrective action. 

In your case, and definitely not trying to persuade your better judgement, but I definitely would cash out and cut them loose.

You know, not sure if this is relatable in general as well but I have a customer that gets his knives etched and it basically is exact to the "just bill me for it" because his orderes are not steady.  So basically I would have a couple knives to do one day, then maybe one knife a few days to a week later type of thing.  Well, I wasn't going to invoice him six different times in one or to weeks, so I told the guy, I'll bill you at the end of the month or two.  Which we both agreed and said was cool. 

Well short story long, due to this COVID thing (however I did think about this scenario well before covid).   I said to myself, one day the tab is going to be high, and that may sticker shock him (he's small business too, but regardless) and he may back out or ask for a price break.  Well, COVID came along, sales are down, and sure enough, I he ran a tab of around 400+ , I invoice him and a day later he comes to me asking if he could have a price break.   

So I guess what I am trying to say, is when you cash in on your tab, he may get shocked because it's a big number and that's all he sees.  But the problem could work it self out and he may go else where and make tour job easy.  If he is negotiating the total, I am not telling how to collect or what to collect, but I that's a good indication it's probably a good time to cash out and run.  

Although, if he tries to negotiate the total, that may say he is cheap or he has no where to go but either way he doesn't wanna pay is share of the bargain.  And again I'd let him go either way. 

I hope I made a little more sense in this post than the previous.    

Now let's see what DHabz is saying while I was typing. 

6 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I wouldn't do anymore work until the past due bill is settled and if that is a problem then it becomes time to consider hiring a lawyer or saying fuck it. 

I agree, in my case I have been dealing with smaller amounts of money so some of these customers invoice totals would be equal to my lawyer's bills (in some cases, lawyer would cost more) or the litigation processes (time) and all said in done with I would take 2 steps forward and one step back.  

But I hear you DHabz, i am done for suing if need be, I do have a great legal team, I just hope it never comes to that. 

Archived