What did you ACCOMPLISH?

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Everything's coming up OMB.  Started the day with one of those wipeless shits.  Could have declared the day a victory and gone back to bed but nope.  So far in the day I've had an up close with a deer and a pretty close with a bald eagle and a yearling black bear.  Got the dog exercised.  Did some benching and gave the benchers something to bench about.  Arranged to pick up a new foster dog.  Munched on some pizza.  Visited some family.  Chilling now, oontzin, maybe I'll post and/or shit post.

• Props 3

On 6/29/2023 at 1:03 PM, One Man Banned said:

Everything's coming up OMB.  Started the day with one of those wipeless shits.  Could have declared the day a victory and gone back to bed but nope.  So far in the day I've had an up close with a deer and a pretty close with a bald eagle and a yearling black bear.  Got the dog exercised.  Did some benching and gave the benchers something to bench about.  Arranged to pick up a new foster dog.  Munched on some pizza.  Visited some family.  Chilling now, oontzin, maybe I'll post and/or shit post.

If things keep going your way, you might even get a #2 number two.

• LOL! 1

It's now been a week I have had this flu, but the appointment I hsd scheduled for today is now going to be done via phone, so I am saved from the rain, bus and train ride I was going to have to take to get there.

This was accomplished by me verbally saying "I can't be fucked going to this appointment at 11am" once I saw the rain outside, and 5 mins later a text comes saying it will be via phone.

I'll still have to go out to pick up my Lollipop Man licence this afternoon, so here is hoping the weather clears before then.

Just now, Schnitzel said:

Nice one!

Thanks Man, but considering I have a Bachelors in Economics, a Diploma in Finance and Mortgage Broking Management, and a decade working in Banking and finance, the fact society would denigrate me to holding a "Stop/Slow" sign as the only labour I am capable of is a pathetic indictment on HR people and the AIs that scan CVs.

At least I can truthfully tell any and all kids and teenagers looking to study business of any kind at uni to not waste their time given that AI & the existing NPCs already filling such roles are going to be doing all such roles before they even graduate and accrue the debt that will last them a lifetime. Especially considering I still owe money after graduating 16 years ago, and now have to work a job where I won't even be getting paid above the minimum HELP/HECS debt repayment threshold.

I wonder how said universities are going to attract foreign students now that I will happily expose what a waste of time getting a Bachelors or Masters actually is in every form of social media that I can be bothered posting on.

In other news I am returning to a place where "Tax collectors" ans their ilk congregate to earn a crust in order to czech out how bad I am at the artform which this place is based around as I finally did something that was 30 years delayed.

Wonk saggin. *wink face emoji*

In spite of still being sick, I copped some flicks and managed to collect my Lollipop man ID so I am now officially qualified by Main Roads to hold what is known as the Stop-slow "Bat"

And as the course instructor told us, I can now officially say that "I'm Batman" and have the certification to prove it.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

@Fist 666 @Mercer

check this out. I was just at 711 pulled up to their air machine. I caught a flat on the Benz and put on the spare. It said to install the spare before inflating it. So I get this fucking thing on and look over to start the air machine and there is no power to it. "No fucking way," I exclaim in disbelief. I go inside and ask my man behind the counter to please go in the back and see if the breaker had tripped cuz we just had storms last night. He goes back and says everything is all good. He comes back outside with me to look at the air machine and says disappointedly "fucking piece of shit. Sorry man. Next air pump is down the street about a mile. But I wouldn't ride on that uninflated spare that far. Don't fuck up the whip man."

So he goes back inside and I sit down on the old tire to cry for a few minutes. I start sizing this machine up and down. I see this wire coming out of a concrete support for what looks like an old parking lot light post. About 10 inches out of the support it goes into a junction box. Interesting. I wonder if there is something wrong in the junction box, wondering if I have a Philips head screwdriver in the whip. I follow the wire from the junction box to the back of the machine. No way. No fucking way. There is an exterior outlet box that the wire terminates into. I reached over and flipped the cover plate open. And there to my amazement, who ever installed this fucking machine used a household GFCI outlet to act as a breaker for the machine. I pushed the reset button. The thing fired up and the computer components started going off like an electronic poker machine.

SUCCESS! YOUR BOY IS THE KING OF AIR!

My for real question, though; is this an acceptable solution for a commercial piece of equipment?

• Like 3
  • Props 2

On 6/26/2023 at 5:14 AM, Elena Delle Donne said:

the rotors themselves. squeeaaaak

So, a finger print on the rotor makes the breaks squeak? Wouldn’t that burn off from friction the first couple of times the breaks were used?

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@Fist 666 @Mercer

check this out. I was just at 711 pulled up to their air machine. I caught a flat on the Benz and put on the spare. It said to install the spare before inflating it. So I get this fucking thing on and look over to start the air machine and there is no power to it. "No fucking way," I exclaim in disbelief. I go inside and ask my man behind the counter to please go in the back and see if the breaker had tripped cuz we just had storms last night. He goes back and says everything is all good. He comes back outside with me to look at the air machine and says disappointedly "fucking piece of shit. Sorry man. Next air pump is down the street about a mile. But I wouldn't ride on that uninflated spare that far. Don't fuck up the whip man."

So he goes back inside and I sit down on the old tire to cry for a few minutes. I start sizing this machine up and down. I see this wire coming out of a concrete support for what looks like an old parking lot light post. About 10 inches out of the support it goes into a junction box. Interesting. I wonder if there is something wrong in the junction box, wondering if I have a Philips head screwdriver in the whip. I follow the wire from the junction box to the back of the machine. No way. No fucking way. There is an exterior outlet box that the wire terminates into. I reached over and flipped the cover plate open. And there to my amazement, who ever installed this fucking machine used a household GFCI outlet to act as a breaker for the machine. I pushed the reset button. The thing fired up and the computer components started going off like an electronic poker machine.

SUCCESS! YOUR BOY IS THE KING OF AIR!

My for real question, though; is this an acceptable solution for a commercial piece of equipment?

Mayor of Air!

Has a better ring to it.

• LOL! 2

Code varies so much from one municipality to the next with statewide or county  or city exceptions and additions, who knows what flies in your neck of the woods.

If when you say "household gfci" you mean that it isn't WR then it's for sure unacceptable, but a 120v compressor is okay to be on a gfci, and in a potentially wet parking lot is probably a good idea. 

Why it tripped the gfci and not the breaker is of potential interest--but because you mentioned storms it may have tripped for wholly unrelated reasons. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

30 bucks buys an air pump that is powered from your cars cigarette lighter.

I have not accomplished it yet but am on the verge of having my apartment in tip top shape, lots of donation runs, organizing and reorganizing. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, morton said:

For regular tires they work great, if you need higher psi for some reason or need to do a lot of tires be aware not to overheat the unit by running it straight for ten minutes or whatever the manual says. 

Okay! So, probably not a good idea for my work van that takes like 70+ psi. But still sounds like a good option for the car.

• Truth 1

@LUGR I watch a lot of car repair shows and I am not certain body oil will make tye brakes squeal.  But when installing new rotors, you're suppose to use spray acetone or break cleaner on the rotor to remove the oil used to keep the rotors from rusting during shelf life.  If you don't, the oil burns in the rotors and breaking will never be the same in regards to stopping power.  I mean in theory, yes, the finger print could burn in but out body oil is the same.  

@mr.yuck  fist666 is corect, however, to add to it so that you do not put strain on the pump when airing the tire, jack up the vehicle so the tire is off the ground so it will air up faster with less stress on the pump. 

• Like 2
  • Props 1

2 hours ago, ndv said:

@LUGR I watch a lot of car repair shows and I am not certain body oil will make tye brakes squeal.  But when installing new rotors, you're suppose to use spray acetone or break cleaner on the rotor to remove the oil used to keep the rotors from rusting during shelf life.  If you don't, the oil burns in the rotors and breaking will never be the same in regards to stopping power.  I mean in theory, yes, the finger print could burn in but out body oil is the same.  

@mr.yuck  fist666 is corect, however, to add to it so that you do not put strain on the pump when airing the tire, jack up the vehicle so the tire is off the ground so it will air up faster with less stress on the pump. 

Yeah, I definitely didn’t clean the factory oil or grease smudges off the rotor face. I wore gloves, so probably not many finger prints on them. The stopping power seems fine and I don’t recall any documentation with the rotors saying to clean them. I would think any oil would be burned off from the friction and disappear after the first couple of braking at speed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Okay! So, probably not a good idea for my work van that takes like 70+ psi. But still sounds like a good option for the car.

They will put enough air in to get you home but yea, getting to 70 psi is not practical with the standard slime brand pump.

I smoked one filling up a work truck tire, read the manual after, like a dumbass.

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

• 2 weeks later...