What did you ACCOMPLISH?

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, morton said:

lol, you can do mine next. it fell off the other that, needs air also.

So did the tire hoist fail?  Bolts come loose?  

I chose to use stainless steel bolts with lock nut washers.   I was also concerned the bolts may back out so I used the blue loctite.   

I am pretty impressed how my spare tucked under the vehicle from what appears to be very low visibility. 

• Props 1

I passed up on a night of drinking with everyone in the backpackers here so I could wake up fresh to hopefully check out a van later this morning.

I’m going to wait until 8:30 until I message the girl to give her a chance to sleep in a little as it is a Sunday after all.

• Props 2

• 2 weeks later...

made some steps to get my pesticide license again, while being off work 

Waitin for the moment to apply, and got a high (er than my others) credit limit card. 

Put some chicken in the slow cooker at 5 this mornin to make some enchiladas 

IMG_2162.thumb.jpeg.26d4f68821727abec9a8d6183816b7b2.jpeg

IMG_2163.thumb.jpeg.de231b1a46a244ace258644d6d674356.jpeg

IMG_2164.thumb.jpeg.d97a96eafbee5d591e0aa9a8dc01ff3c.jpeg

IMG_2166.thumb.jpeg.a9d69c27dc702dc2aca02b8903b4c0a4.jpeg

Enchiladas were a bust. I always. Always forget to add fucking salt. I also had no peppers to put in that slow cooker. Haha. My chicken/ tortilla ratio was off but they weren’t THAT bad just not why I hoped for. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

made some steps to get my pesticide license again, while being off work 

Waitin for the moment to apply, and got a high (er than my others) credit limit card. 

Put some chicken in the slow cooker at 5 this mornin to make some enchiladas 

IMG_2162.thumb.jpeg.26d4f68821727abec9a8d6183816b7b2.jpeg

IMG_2163.thumb.jpeg.de231b1a46a244ace258644d6d674356.jpeg

IMG_2164.thumb.jpeg.d97a96eafbee5d591e0aa9a8dc01ff3c.jpeg

IMG_2166.thumb.jpeg.a9d69c27dc702dc2aca02b8903b4c0a4.jpeg

Enchiladas were a bust. I always. Always forget to add fucking salt. I also had no peppers to put in that slow cooker. Haha. My chicken/ tortilla ratio was off but they weren’t THAT bad just not why I hoped for. 

As a bit of impartial advice, you are best to consolidate all your creditcards into a single facility and get one with a decent reward point scheme in the process. Obviously whilst consolidating, you can then increase your limit to your total of however many cards you have and then get the benefit of getting the higher tier point rewards and other associated benefits (be it free travel insurance for flights booked via the creditcard or concierge service to book event tickets, hotels and such) that come with getting platinum cards and the like.

I wouldn't do this now as you just got your new limit installed and noting every credit check you have run on your ID affects your overall score, but is something to consider going forward.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

@Mauler5150 good looks. 
this is part of the plan now that I am understanding this deal. 

7 yrs of outrunning the creditors. 

While gettin my kid through college I put everything In a lil storage and was able to reside in spare space of those who loved me plus a few years of re-establishing my entire life (after the age of 40).
This was not by design but lived through it to know it is possible to outrun ~40K in debt. It all fell off. Not having a home address or ever answering my phone helped.  
wiping the slate clean was an unexpected positivity during a period that had no uncertainty. 
my credit sits at +mid 700 and I’m being smart about it because I don’t have the time to do that shit again haha. 

• Like 2
  • Props 1

2 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

Was able to hop in last minute and get my arm brace adjusted a bit 

updated some apps/changed passwords

The company I work for had great success at the Cannafest last weekend. 

Not really sure what happened to you? But I think it was a work related injury? If so, does the business provide you company dope to smoke while you are out on injury leave?

• Truth 1

17 hours ago, LUGR said:

Not really sure what happened to you? But I think it was a work related injury? If so, does the business provide you company dope to smoke while you are out on injury leave?

Depends 

on 

who 

is 

working  

(wink) 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

On 8/14/2023 at 7:13 AM, Fist 666 said:

Michaels had frames on sale, so I made a dent in the backlog of art-to-be-framed collection. 20230813_173921.thumb.jpg.16d84751c2073c03a568cf182d7686a0.jpg20230813_173908.thumb.jpg.cb851bc2fbb8a3cd941034467959c469.jpg20230813_173841.thumb.jpg.317c1009e9cb22ce03144cc7b0834a92.jpg20230813_173854.thumb.jpg.ac7e863eeb7e41f6eb2dbfd62649e1f0.jpg20230813_173828.thumb.jpg.dccc6cbbfc1bc13908daf4b9e65e5eb7.jpg20230813_173815.thumb.jpg.9bc57447c8d012e7785769481e9ae894.jpg

About a million more to go, but still feels productive. 

you wouldn't be in the market for a mike giant original perchance?

buddy of mine is on harder times and would be in market to sell

• 2 weeks later...

No pics because too many details to block out but I started the morning having to wrangle a cow again.  Thankfully only one this time because there was little to use as a lead. 

Did some benchin. 

Met up with an old family friend and walked dogs through the woods. 

Trailcam clean out. 

Did some responsibility type shit for the neighborhood- glad to be finished because I don't care for it.

I got wrasslin playing in the background on the tv while I oontz n chill.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

flushed my cars radiator and replaced the hoses in my driveway today. shit was miserable tbh, would probably rather just pay the price if i ever decide to get it done again.

Nah, I think you learned something for next time and you saved a few hundred. 

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

11 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

flushed my cars radiator and replaced the hoses in my driveway today. shit was miserable tbh, would probably rather just pay the price if i ever decide to get it done again.

To add to this.  I am about to do the samething indirectly.   I am experiencing a coolant leak coming from the back side of the engine.  When I shut the car off, all that steam (pressure) is built up and my car pees coolant.  It's not coming from the heater coil behind the dash so I am good there, but coming from a hose.  It sucks because it's in a tight spot to work in so it's gonna be a simple but timely job to do.  But it's gonna be a pain to do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ndv said:

To add to this.  I am about to do the samething indirectly.   I am experiencing a coolant leak coming from the back side of the engine.  When I shut the car off, all that steam (pressure) is built up and my car pees coolant.  It's not coming from the heater coil behind the dash so I am good there, but coming from a hose.  It sucks because it's in a tight spot to work in so it's gonna be a simple but timely job to do.  But it's gonna be a pain to do.

In your Volvo?

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

22 minutes ago, LUGR said:

In your Volvo?

Yeah.  The car is 30years young and some components are beginning to give out.  I wish I had was in a place where I could put it on a lift in a covered building so I could go to town on it at my leisure.  I would completely tear it down to frame and rebuild, more so resto-mod.  

Other than the leak, I think my next big job is gonna be the entire breaking system.  I am thinking wilwood.

• Like 2
  • Props 1

2 hours ago, ndv said:

Yeah.  The car is 30years young and some components are beginning to give out.  I wish I had was in a place where I could put it on a lift in a covered building so I could go to town on it at my leisure.  I would completely tear it down to frame and rebuild, more so resto-mod.  

Other than the leak, I think my next big job is gonna be the entire breaking system.  I am thinking wilwood.

41892184-C52E-4D62-AD26-C6CC3066A184.png

• LOL! 2

6 hours ago, ndv said:

Can't have no broke ass hose around.

• Truth 4

Just finished up under the hood, well, more so under the car to find the source of coolant leak.  Thought I found the source so I tightened the drain valve.  Took it for a drive to build up hydrothermal compression, shut off the engine and the thing still peed coolant.  Further inspection, found the source right above the drain valve and discovered I am looking at a blown header gasket.   Thought I would let the the mechanic take care of but it's any easy fix and prefer to save myself a grand.  

Edited by ndv
  • Like 4
  • Props 1