The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
31 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@NightmareOnElmStreethey bro. What paint do you use for cabinets?

Emerald urethane enamel. I haven’t ventured out yet but I have my eye on a couple of different products. I’m kind of on the if it and broke don’t fix it wave rn. Doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense to switch a formula when you’re getting really awesome consistency. 

Also. Guy, why in the hell wouldn’t you have all them contacts backed up!? (Facepalm) I thought you dingleberry droid holders had some form of the cloud!! That sucks dude! 

• Props 1

1 hour ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Emerald urethane enamel. I haven’t ventured out yet but I have my eye on a couple of different products. I’m kind of on the if it and broke don’t fix it wave rn. Doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense to switch a formula when you’re getting really awesome consistency. 

Also. Guy, why in the hell wouldn’t you have all them contacts backed up!? (Facepalm) I thought you dingleberry droid holders had some form of the cloud!! That sucks dude! 

Yeah! I’m really pissed about losing the Mexican drywall connect homie. That mofo is elusive. Everyone else I deal with regularly has already hit me up. 

What kind of prep are you having to do over stained cabinets with that poly coat. I bought that emerald urethane one time before. I thought that would be the ticket for painting over oil trim with no primer or scuffing. I was wrong.

13 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Yeah! I’m really pissed about losing the Mexican drywall connect homie. That mofo is elusive. Everyone else I deal with regularly has already hit me up. 

What kind of prep are you having to do over stained cabinets with that poly coat. I bought that emerald urethane one time before. I thought that would be the ticket for painting over oil trim with no primer or scuffing. I was wrong.

Word, yeah, lease do lmk when you find that magic paint I’ve been searching for lol! I’m actually surprised you don’t have the secret! As for the standard poly’d cabs man, the formula is one or 2 coats of the sw shellac and emerald top coat. Fuckin works every single time. Even on the old oak joints. I’ve only seen it bleed like twice and that’s from a lack of cleansing on my part. And I’m pretty sure it was some kind of highlighter for some reason. Light sand, quick coat dusty prime, sand & prep (fill any holes or cracks, tape them off where you plug and sand. If they look like another coat is needed I only hit the fronts again then finish paint. Repeat for a second coat. I treat the frames the same exact way only with caulk in between and 2 coats finish for prominent side panels. 

• Props 1

@NightmareOnElmStreetpsh. Bro I’ve been having the worst time with my local sherwin Williams trying to get technical answers. All the MFers that work there are 18 year olds. The last time I went in there with a problem one of these dick heads was like “WeLl DiD yOu PrImE iT?” I looked them dead in the eyes and told them to go get the nearest adult. 

• Truth 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 6

So...

I recently made a tiktok (don't judge me) for my job with random videos I took of the space to help try and promote the spot to get more people in the doors.. chef told my managers about it so I showed them all and of course they loved it especially the voice over cause everyone says my voice is really deep and iconic or whatever.. they wanted me to email it to them to send to the higher ups and share it on their pages and what not... Totally fucking forgot until one of my managers came up to me laughing I made my account out of boredom not taking it seriously and my account name is fuckin TURDFERGESON69... 🤦🏽‍♂️

Whatever.. they laughed about it and loved the video.. my one manager loved the name yet nobody knows the reference.. ultimate facepalm but yet still embarrassingly hilarious at the same time...

• Like 1
  • LOL! 4

I miss you guys! How is everyone? 
I have been utterly consumed with work and it has been physically and mentally kiwi king my ass. The last few months have been apartment hunting. 
We needed some space. I can walk to work now (15 min) And checks most boxes.  
my kid is gonna visit next month and planing a vacation  (back to Vegas to get the dogs {why we needed the space}) 

love the place. good food near (phenomenal Thai food below)  I woke up closer to 50 than 40 this morning. And took tmrw off (which would be a 12 hr) 

I feel  I have some breathing room for a bit. 
Checkin in. Love you all. 

@NightmareOnElmStreetno shot for me. 

• Like 10
  • Props 1

3 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

I miss you guys! How is everyone? 
I have been utterly consumed with work and it has been physically and mentally kiwi king my ass. The last few months have been apartment hunting. 
We needed some space. I can walk to work now (15 min) And checks most boxes.  
my kid is gonna visit next month and planing a vacation  (back to Vegas to get the dogs {why we needed the space}) 

love the place. good food near (phenomenal Thai food below)  I woke up closer to 50 than 40 this morning. And took tmrw off (which would be a 12 hr) 

I feel  I have some breathing room for a bit. 
Checkin in. Love you all. 

@NightmareOnElmStreetno shot for me. 

I figured you have been very busy considering your online presence has been absent for a while.

Good for you!  I am happy to hear you are enjoying your work.  

Good luck with the apartment hunting.  

Stay un-vaxxed. 

• Like 2

@mr.yuckdamn son, the SW’s out in my area are usually pretty well staffed with more knowledgeable adults. I hate everything you said about that experience lol. Whats the matter with kids these days....?

@SMdoubleXLi was in the desert this weekend outside of San Diego. Shit was so hot and crazy and I got attacked by a gang of bees like that lol nigga from my girl only I didn’t die. There was also black widows. Thought of you. Glad to hear things are nice. 

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

On 5/29/2021 at 10:18 AM, ndv said:

I figured you have been very busy considering your online presence has been absent for a while.

Good for you!  I am happy to hear you are enjoying your work.  

Good luck with the apartment hunting.  

Stay un-vaxxed. 

I must have left the part out that I have actually moved.  Haha. Thank you tho. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are cults still a thing? I feel like we are due for another massive suicide cult. Did smart phones and google ruin cults? I know if one of these loons approached me with their bullshit my first reaction would be to whip out my phone and consult with google.

• Truth 1

Any of y’all ever just straight up lose interest in holidays(Xmas and Halloween excluded). But still also less fucks. Idfk what’s gotten into me this last 2/3 years. Which also isn’t even true cause last year I wore a red and blue out fit with a Budweiser tank top. I think my fucks have really gotten the best of me and I’m not even sure where they went. 

I reckon I care more about the little ones and less about myself though. Like today for instance. Families everywhere are out celebrating whatever it is they celebrate, grillin, slippin, havin fun lighting fireworks off and shit. All we did was go on a bike ride and hit the grocery store. Perhaps we’re doing it wrong. For the children’s. Anybody else feel this? 

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

Some mofuckers are working today and some are doing it not by choice so you could be having a worse 4th.  

You have the freedom to celebrate as you wish, it's different for everyone, no need to compare or keep up?

Day's not over, night is young?

Or is this about being depressed?

I did some Oontzy stuff today and some 'Merican stuff today.  

Time for more berr.  

'Merica.  

• Like 1

@NightmareOnElmStreetme and my old lady have completely stopped celebrating all holidays and birthdays. We have such a good time 365 that it feels silly to let a calendar dictate when we should have fun or take off work or whatever. I think a lot of it has to do with having the opportunity to be able to take any day off when ever. The 3 or 4 day weekend because of a particular calendar situation loses its luster.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

Yeah I get that. We still do Christmas and shit for all the younguns in the family but as for each other, we don’t care. We buy each other cool shit throughout the year. I think it might be dope if we started making our own holidays that are important to us. We could blast off fireworks in February and beat the traffic😂

• Truth 3

They can pay me all that it for working holidays. I have no other schedule or person in my life that interferes with that. I’m the first to be “I’ll be here”   I’m totally ok with it. Holidays to me are whenever the fuck I want them haha. As mentioned above ^. We bought fireworks around the fourth but they are still on the counter waiting for snow on the ground and an earlier sunset.  
plannin the drive across the county again tho. This will be cross country trip  (back and forth)  #4   Too excited. 

• Like 2
  • Props 3

Holidays are just modern grifting opportunities for politicians to me, as opposed to "holy". Fuck the fake virtue signals, I just go another day off. Religions most don't benefit from any more, or the modern superstitious celebrations of the new religion. the state. Two of them remind us how celebrated we'll be if we die in, or return broken from a war. Also, appreciate the day off but picture me celebrating a fucking President, or any politician for that matter. Watching people go overboard fake virtue signaling for labor, or being good passive minorities you get two days now. Pure comedic grift.

Only one I really like is the 4th of July. Always felt lucky to be born here, and can't deny I live here by choice having lived in other places. Also, no matter how ridiculously high the fines/jail get for fireworks, it's going the fuck down any way. Friendly notice to the authorities, and the Karens that call them that we still outnumber them. A reminder we still pretty much live in a state of disobedience, and anarchy. Plus the dog is practically deaf now he's so old, so it's not a traumatic experience for my fam any more.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

On 7/11/2021 at 1:33 AM, mr.yuck said:

Yeah I get that. We still do Christmas and shit for all the younguns in the family but as for each other, we don’t care. We buy each other cool shit throughout the year. I think it might be dope if we started making our own holidays that are important to us. We could blast off fireworks in February and beat the traffic😂

image.gif.05a4b17e8295e52d8827b10feaa7b7d8.gifimage.gif.05a4b17e8295e52d8827b10feaa7b7d8.gif

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

Really? Judging by everyone’s reaction it seems like no one has seen shrek. It’s just weird cuz y’all have had 20 fucking years to watch it. 

Edited by mr.yuck
And the movie just seemed like it was a pretty big deal, that’s all
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1