The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

@NightmareOnElmStreetI dont have kids so I dont have 24/7 experience. I could see the appeal of straight uppercutting one of these busters out of their shoes. But I know from my own upbringing of getting beat, that shit didnt do anything to correct my behaviour. If anything it made me get sneakier at not getting caught and for a long time it normalized using violence or perceived violence as a means of getting people to see my way. It's been 14 years since I got into my last physical altercation and from time to time I find myself standing in the middle of traffic ready to work some fucking dildos head over after I catch them red faced in the rearview, giving me the finger, and mouthing all kinds of profanities at me. 

• Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Just now, where said:

the juul shit never works for me 

fr? the hit isn’t strong enough? it’s not quite the same for sure and takes some getting used to but it really helped for me. I don’t think i could have done it without 

what pods are you using 

1 minute ago, Kults said:

fr? the hit isn’t strong enough? it’s not quite the same for sure and takes some getting used to but it really helped for me. I don’t think i could have done it without 

what pods are you using 

they banned everything except the 3% tobacco flavor, i used to like the 5% mango ones when i was doing drugs 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, where said:

they banned everything except the 3% tobacco flavor, i used to like the 5% mango ones when i was doing drugs 

oh ffs

can you order some from elsewhere? I agree the 3% isn’t enough. I’m using the 5% virginia tobacco. the golden one doesn’t do it for me.

it doesn’t hit like a cig but it’s close enough that unless i’m drinking coffee or it’s my

after a meal fix it does the job

chain vaping is a thing though. after a cig your mouth feels gross enough that you don’t want to smoke for a little bit, with the juul you can just keep hitting indefinitely, not good. 

I flooded myself with nic for the first few weeks. get the patch, the gum, the juul

between the 3x it’s still hell on earth (make no mistake) but you’re at least giving yourself a fighting chance 

E: if you get a script your private insurance should cover most of it. 

im gonna have to just stop, recently drastically reduced my drinking and i never did the coffee on the regular. I like to smoke in the car but I drive maybe 3 times a week these days. Been trying to not let myself get that angry so I know thatll help.

• Like 2

Just now, where said:

im gonna have to just stop, recently drastically reduced my drinking and i never did the coffee on the regular. I like to smoke in the car but I drive maybe 3 times a week these days. Been trying to not let myself get that angry so I know thatll help.

that part is rough no denying it. you’ll rage a couple times for sure but know that it subsides 

there was one particular instance in traffic that had me so upset i got the shakes. just remind yourself it’s normal, you’re depriving your body of its pressure release valve until everything readjusts 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

On 4/26/2021 at 5:21 PM, Kults said:

hanging on. cravings are pretty much gone but I’m missing it sometimes 

29C974A6-E6C3-4AF6-80D8-21E1B071504D.jpeg

Surprises me that even after that long, you still miss it. Obviously the chemical dependency is past you already and you know how bad it is as well as how much extra money it is. Knowing that it is 100% your choice to not have that monkey on your back seems like it would be enough to just never do it again. Personally, the idea of dependency bothers me so much that, I'd pretty much be like no fuckin way on that point alone.

• Props 2

It's just a mind trick.... the "nothing like it" part.  It's the same thing that keep people stabbing themselves with heroine needles and associating the painful stab w/ pleasure.  Your mind has literally associated inhaling toxin with pleasure.  I know you know this already, just reiterating.

I'm glad you've stopped smoking @Kults.  It's a shitty habit.  I don't really hang out with anyone that smokes these days and it's not because I actively seeked out friends like that, it's because my friend circle just naturally shifted away from people that had destructive habits.  Most of my friends now are all drug/alcohol free and the cool shit they're doing, IMO, has nothing to do with "fitting in" or partying.  I associate smoking with "fitting in" until it becomes a lonely addiction where you want to smoke by yourself in your car or on your porch.

People that drink alone and do hard drugs alone are some of the saddest folks, but somehow nobody associates the vice of smoking cigarettes with that same concept.... even though it's basically the exact same thing on a shorter time line.  The frequency of rollercoaster dips and spikes is just higher with nicotine than it is with other substances people abuse.

• Props 1

When I quite a long time ago, not smoking in the car was one of the hardest parts of it for me.  When I drive, I smoke.... but now I am glad my car smells good, my headliner  is still attached to the roof, there are no burns, there are no dusty ass ashes all over the dash, there is no tar film that fogs like a mf'r on the inside of my windshield glass, and I'm not distracted trying to drive while holding a little paper dick in my hand.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

10 hours ago, Kults said:

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss it sometimes. It’s hard to describe cause cigarettes are so gross but every once in awhile that perfect hit, nothing like it 

yea, i can deal with that cause i know that its just my brain craving a receptor antagonist. 36 hours since last cig not fiending. when i take mushrooms it makes me want to stop smoking and ive been taking them every few weeks.  

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • Props 2

I was painting an exterior today and dropped my phone from scaffolding 25 ft up. RIP Android. So I go to Verizon today and apparently there is some kind of phone shortage crisis. Long story short I have a fucking iPhone now. I haven’t had an iPhone in over 10 years. I can’t import any of my Android contacts cuz that jank died from internal bleeding. I’ve lost every business contact I’ve made over the past 8 years. They have been replaced with old drug clientele. All signs are pointing to go back to selling drugs.

• LOL! 5

1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

I was painting an exterior today and dropped my phone from scaffolding 25 ft up. RIP Android. So I go to Verizon today and apparently there is some kind of phone shortage crisis. Long story short I have a fucking iPhone now. I haven’t had an iPhone in over 10 years. I can’t import any of my Android contacts cuz that jank died from internal bleeding. I’ve lost every business contact I’ve made over the past 8 years. They have been replaced with old drug clientele. All signs are pointing to go back to selling drugs.

I am sure the NSA has all of your contacts.  Contact the NSA and ask for your transcript. 

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@ndvI tried taking my SIM card out of my Android and uploading its contents into the iPhone. That didn’t even kinda work. I know it took the iPhone off line

Samsungs and most androids don't store user data like contacts on the sim card. normally there's a micro SD card someplace inside the phone, or the data is stored directly on the phone's internal memory.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

Samsungs and most androids don't store user data like contacts on the sim card. normally there's a micro SD card someplace inside the phone, or the data is stored directly on the phone's internal memory.

9 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@ndvI tried taking my SIM card out of my Android and uploading its contents into the iPhone. That didn’t even kinda work. I know it took the iPhone off line

Sorry guys, I was just trying to be funny.  

@mr.yuck  Yeah, so Mercer's right.  if your info is stored internal, then it maybe next to impossible to retrieve, however there are services that can retrieve the info.  

I know y'all are gonna kill me, but I store all of my contact  info to my google account, so when I get a new phone and as I go through the set up google automatically populates my contacts.  

If you do not like the google route, what I would recommend is to back up you contacts folder to you computer (copy/paste) and if you ever are in this situation again, then you got your computer backup to fall back on.  

• Like 1