The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

The loss of small and taste is the most common symptoms i hear from the people who tested positive.  Some sweating and some headaches were the other popular symptoms as well.  But regardless of how severe the covid hit, all equally loss taste and smell.  

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
11 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

read some good books
 and think about all the walking you'll do once back out.

I have been slacking on the walking, thinking about doing some today but knowing that I am straight COVID+ I figure I will stay home and work on getting my post count up.

GOALS

• Like 2
  • Props 1

27 minutes ago, morton said:

What do you guys think of meal delivery services like Uber eats? I might break my policy and use one.

Expensive but worth it sometimes. Get anything delivered not just pizza or places that do their own delivery. Usually they have a pretty good deal for first time users, costs next to nothing with the promo and they hope it gets you hooked. Door Dash is pretty good too

47 minutes ago, morton said:

What do you guys think of meal delivery services like Uber eats? I might break my policy and use one.

I feel like this discussion was started in another thread somewhere but IMO fuck these delivery companies, think there's been some evidence that they benefit most while businesses and their customers not so much.  I try to order direct from a business and if I'm getting delivery I make sure it's from them and not one of these delivery services.

• Like 2
  • Truth 2

These scammers are getting good. I got a call today from the "electric company" saying that I should have gotten a letter in the mail stating that they were swapping out meters for smart meters. He said I was scheduled to have my service cut off temporarily but since I hadnt responded back to them, they didnt have a meter for me. He said they were going to cancel the cut off but I needed to pay $495 for the upgraded meter and then the $495 would be credited back to my account over the next 3 months.

At first I was thinkin 'bet. No electric bill for the next 3 months.' But then I shook that off and told this dude 'Im happy with my non smart meter, thanks.' He started explaining about how they upgraded their system and it doesnt communicate with the old meters. I told him I dont give a shit about your companies problems. If you want to upgrade your infrastructure then raise your cost per watt, Im not financing your upgrades out of my pocket to be reimbursed for it later. Fuck you.

Then this dude fucked up and told me that if I dont want to pay the money he will just tell the person to come by and pull my old meter anyway. I told this fuck head to go ahead and send some one over to snatch my meter and not replace it with anything and see what happens. 

I then told the dude I would have to call him back. He gave me a local number to call back and a direct extention to reach him at. I calmed down for a minute and called the number back expecting it to go no where. The nigerian guy answering the phone answered as the fucking electric company. 

If you guys want this number to fuck with these guys here it is:

804-999-8612

• Props 1

Back in the day I had a friend that worked a phone bank selling time life books. I think it paid base 11/hr plus commission per sale. He said there was one employee who was so good that she made enough to drive nice Mercedes, own house etc.

It was his assessment that it came down to the sound and cadence of her voice. I think it is the same with a good con, they got that way of speaking that suspends your faculties.

Lol 500 would be a good hit. Bet in Nigeria you can get a good couple days off party in on that. 

206 million people there, crazy no?

• Truth 1

49 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

I then told the dude I would have to call him back. He gave me a local number to call back and a direct extention to reach him at. I calmed down for a minute and called the number back expecting it to go no where. The nigerian guy answering the phone answered as the fucking electric company. 

804-999-8612

Too bad destructo league is defunct, it would be funny if we pranked or scammed the scammers.  Even if it was simple shit like everyone agrees to blow up their number at the same date/time with the exact same complaint.  

• Truth 1

1 hour ago, One Man Banned said:

I try to order direct from a business and if I'm getting delivery I make sure it's from them and not one of these delivery services.

yeah individual restaurant delivery seems to be thing of the past.

Was always good fun helping my mate doing deliveries for the Star of India restaurant.

We'd hang out all night I'd do the directions and he'd do the driving.

Used to make good money because we treated it like rally driving in his battered Mitsubishi

Edited by Schnitzel
  • Like 2
  • Props 1

13 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

yeah individual restaurant delivery seems to be thing of the past.

There's actually a number of places around me that deliver but I find it simpler/quicker/easier to just go get the shit myself.  Plus if it's a business I like I do like to get on good terms with the people who are making my food.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

2 hours ago, morton said:

Lol 500 would be a good hit. Bet in Nigeria you can get a good couple days off party in on that. 

206 million people there, crazy no?

$500 would be a good hit for a day here too. 

I can see how this would easily startle an oldster into paying that $500 real quick. 

On 1/21/2021 at 3:39 PM, mr.yuck said:

These scammers are getting good. I got a call today from the "electric company" saying that I should have gotten a letter in the mail stating that they were swapping out meters for smart meters. He said I was scheduled to have my service cut off temporarily but since I hadnt responded back to them, they didnt have a meter for me. He said they were going to cancel the cut off but I needed to pay $495 for the upgraded meter and then the $495 would be credited back to my account over the next 3 months.

At first I was thinkin 'bet. No electric bill for the next 3 months.' But then I shook that off and told this dude 'Im happy with my non smart meter, thanks.' He started explaining about how they upgraded their system and it doesnt communicate with the old meters. I told him I dont give a shit about your companies problems. If you want to upgrade your infrastructure then raise your cost per watt, Im not financing your upgrades out of my pocket to be reimbursed for it later. Fuck you.

Then this dude fucked up and told me that if I dont want to pay the money he will just tell the person to come by and pull my old meter anyway. I told this fuck head to go ahead and send some one over to snatch my meter and not replace it with anything and see what happens. 

804-999-8612

These niggas, mane.....Lol. I'm still worried about my macbook. Shit do be acting funny everynow and again. 

@NightmareOnElmStreetWhat’s  goin on with the dog situation? You gonna keep it or...? 

Came here to ask you guys-(if you’re open to answer) what happens when you bend the dock during sex?  You know what I’m talkin bout. When you got that good goin then SNAP. 

anyone get bent bad? That shit hurts  us too btw  I’m sure not even near as bad 

@SMdoubleXL reggie ray Renaldo has been adopted by my future brother in law. So far they are both stoked on the situation. I’m indifferent. Happy human dude is happy. 

On to your discussion though. Very funny and ironic since it’s been a recent chat in the homies group text. Mf’s are claiming they crack their dicks much like one cracks their fingers or necks. I have never heard of no shit like that, ever in life. There’s about 7 of us in there and 2 claim to have achieved such ridiculousness. Intentionally. Once or twice I can remember experiencing that awful dick jam when you’re really getting in there after a slip. Used to wonder if that only happened to dude ms without a 9 inch dong but I reckon everyone has a little slip now and again. 

• LOL! 1

19 hours ago, ndv said:

Ummm...  has anyone dated someone half their age?  Just curious how that went.

When I was in my late 20s I got stuck in this weird perdicament. All of the women that were my age that were single were mentally retarded maniacs. The women of qaulity that were single, didn't want to waste a second with me for legitimate reasons that I agreed with both then and still to this day.

So there was this never ending stream of 18, 19, 20, and 21, year olds that didnt give a shit about anything. They all had the same basic traits; annoying, stupid, and needy, which were the result of being inexperienced in life. I cant imagine it gets any better with age.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2