The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

16 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

When I was in my late 20s I got stuck in this weird perdicament. All of the women that were my age that were single were mentally retarded maniacs. The women of qaulity that were single, didn't want to waste a second with me for legitimate reasons that I agreed with both then and still to this day.

So there was this never ending stream of 18, 19, 20, and 21, year olds that didnt give a shit about anything. They all had the same basic traits; annoying, stupid, and needy, which were the result of being inexperienced in life. I cant imagine it gets any better with age.

I hear ya, and honestly, I did give her my number but now I wish I didn't and hoping  she doesn't call because I now feel awkward and weird about it due to the age gap.  Plus what you said about the annoying, stupid, needy, traits thing is the other driving factor of my turn off.

Live and learn  Plus this was the first time I considered/did this.  

This will go down in the nonsense thread for me.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
5 hours ago, ndv said:

I hear ya, and honestly, I did give her my number but now I wish I didn't and hoping  she doesn't call because I now feel awkward and weird about it due to the age gap.  Plus what you said about the annoying, stupid, needy, traits thing is the other driving factor of my turn off.

Live and learn  Plus this was the first time I considered/did this.  

This will go down in the nonsense thread for me.

Dont get me wrong, if youre just looking for a good time, its great. This was also the time I met my wife who is a lot younger than me. I was so used to these trash young girls, I just assumed she was older when I met her. I dont know how old you are but I would never try to seriously date some one half my age right now. That would make them 20 years younger than me and still not old enough to drink.😅

• Like 1

@SMdoubleXL I dated a girl when I was 21 that was 27. When I was chattin her up at the club, I didnt believe her when she told me how old she was so I jokingly told her I was about to be 30. We dated for about a year before she found out I was about to turn 22 and the wheels fell off. I can say pretty definitively that women in general are looking for older men, security, father replacement. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 4:15 PM, SMdoubleXL said:

With a few exceptions-I’ve only been attracted to/fucked with/dated younger than myself. 

my current is three years older than my kid 
we have a 15 yr gap. 

Do you think it’s different when it’s a younger man/older woman? 

I don't think there's really a difference really.  This one here is 18 year gap.  

But very mature and level headed for her age, I am impressed, plus I noticed an immediate attraction that was mutual.  The compatibility is definitely there.  I just never considered someone that young not even 12 - years younger.  

23 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

@ndvi dated a girl a decade younger than me once, b/c beggars can't be choosers haha(no we actually just linked up and kind of discovered we had fun together...for a time). it was a pretty big age gap as i was just about to turn 28, you do the math.., but it was chill and her parents were cool w/ it. i hung out with her and her family a number of times and everything everything was amicable. in the longrun though, not sure if it was her age or that we were not getting along very much any more, after about a year she replaced me with another guy with zero warning i was bummed haha

@SMdoubleXLin my experience, and i know its a cliché to say this, love is love and it doesn't really matter what the age difference is.

I hear you on both reponces.  Honestly I break ups happen all the time regardless of age so this where you responce to smxxl is truth.  

I am not sure tho, I basically told her I am attracted to you and I am aware it's mutual, there's no denying it. And she responds with I know, I just don't date someone I work with.  Considering her recent relationship came to an end and yes they did work together and it was awkward for her.  Which I completely understand where she is coming from and here concern and respect that.  But...  the work thing can completely change  over night.  Big company, where we could work the same schedule and never run into one another.  

So I am a bit confused, we click so genuinely and at this point I am working very different and soft approach.  

Anyhow, I appreciate you all sharing your experiences of you past.  It helps me determin my next step.  It just sucks tho.  Because I rarely put myself out there and when I do it's because the other person has a lot and it's that which it takes to get me to approach. 

On a side note tho, is it weird i find myself bursting with confidence when getting turned down?  I mean it's supposed to be the opposite. But No! Not for me, I feel better about myself.  I guess it could be that I am understanding my introvertness (which I am an extreme introvert) that may be causing this crazy balance of rejection.  Idk?  What-evs - I'll just roll with it. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

The fifteen year range is in there, the up down from forty is 25/55 both of which I can imagine, a stretch but within the realm. Going all the way to half age from forty puts the down at 20, up at 80, which, gosh darn it, is beyond what I can see working in a healthy way.

So long out of the game for me though.

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

I have a hard time seeing that particular age difference working out. From my perspective it would be to hard to not feel paternal and treat the young woman like a child which would insert some unwelcome vibes. Bump it up a few years and make it 28 vs 46 then okay, a 22 year old can't even rent a car without special considerations. 

A fling maybe, I don't want to be too puritanical about it.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, morton said:

I have a hard time seeing that particular age difference working out. From my perspective it would be to hard to not feel paternal and treat the young woman like a child which would insert some unwelcome vibes. Bump it up a few years and make it 28 vs 46 then okay, a 22 year old can't even rent a car without special considerations. 

A fling maybe, I don't want to be too puritanical about it.

You're cool 😎  I appreciate your input.  Because I was thinking the same scenario due to the age gap regardless of how impressively mature she really is, it's not just the age gap, but more so life experiences and so forth that may potentially lead to indifference which will ultimately become a "just woke up one day and that relationship was done" scenario. 

I guess its better to put it behind and move forward.  Just trying to understand it all.  Since it was a genuine attraction.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, where said:

pics or it didnt happen

I think I may go with "it didn't happen".  Kinda thinking this through and even tho she seems a little more grounded than most of her peers around her age, it's the age diff that makes me feel weird even if it was cool with everybody.  Because like, Morton said, there's gonna be weird vibes somewhere along they way. 

But yeah, wish I could get pic of her.  A def knock out.  7-8 on a 1 to 10 scale. 

• Props 1

What sux is that is that no cell phones allowed in the building.  The entry way has detectors we walk through that detect electronic devices.  

So no pics. 😔  

@Mercer she sorta thick tho, but firm.  Give one kid and that pregnancy would make thiiick. 

Yeah, guys, my life sux right now. I am really bummed 😞 on this one.  More than I should be because of the age gap. Any other women, I would already brushed it off.